[Repaired] Ajantis Romance bug

Guest RainDancer

Guest RainDancer

Hi. First of all let me say very well written romance - enjoying it immensely, but seem to be stuck at LT17. Already met Douglas in Beregost, where he handed over the letter and ring. Ajantis has already had his proposal dialogue - but that unfortunately now seems to be all he is able to say. Maybe he just can't believe my pc said yes - the first 10 or so times. ;) Every time my pc talks to him he repeats it and the party rests (proposing every time I talk to him must be tiring). And he doesn't say anything at all on his own, even though I've tried expiring the timer and advancing real time through the console. My rep is at a 20 and I'm not playing a thief (although I don't think I would have made it this far if either of those were true).

AjantisRomanceActive=2

AjantisHasRing=3 (and it's in my inventory)

AjantisLoveTalk=33 (I've tried changing this in single increments up to 36 - and still get the proposal dialogue every time)

Any suggestions on what I'm missing or something else to try? I'd really like to be able to continue on.

Thanks so much.

Guest RainDancer

And now that I've posted the previous message, I think I've answered my own question. Don't know why it usually takes me asking someone else to figure it out - must not be able to feel like an idiot to myself!

Anyway - looked in the LT dialogue file and see that the ring variable is supposed to be set to 4 - not 3. Changed that, advanced the timer and *presto* he's on to LT18. I'll definitely remember that for next time.

Sorry for the bother! Thanks again for such a great mod!

That's a nice catch. There is a missing variable setting for one of the reply options in the proposal dialogue. This will be fixed in the next version.

Thank you for reporting and also for the praise!

If you want to continue the romance in BGII you know where to look.[/self-promotion]

Archived