Mis-positioned elements

RobinHood70

Okay, after playing around a bit, I just created a custom resolution of 960 x 600 (essentially, 800x600 widened for a 16:10 monitor).

Some of the screen elements are noticeably out of position, though. I've only looked at it for a few minutes, but so far, I've noticed that the shortcut keys are a bit left of center, and the inventory when you pick something up off the ground is way off to the right. Were these deliberate, a shortcoming of custom resolutions, or miscalculations in the installer?

Sorry, I should have mentioned in the previous post that this was under BG1 Tutu with TutuGUI installed.

Having looked into it a little further, though, I can see where the problems arise...namely, adapting the MOS files to the appropriate width. Repositioning the controls mathematically is easy enough, but unless somebody gets ambitious and figures out how to generate TutuGUI MOS files on the fly (conceivable, but probably too much effort) I guess that'll be up to the individual user if they care that badly. Either that or do like they did with the BG2 high-res layouts and use a generic background with items aligned over it as needed. Blech!

Sorry, I should have mentioned in the previous post that this was under BG1 Tutu with TutuGUI installed.
Which order did you use, the Widescreen mod and then the TutuGUI or the TutuGUI and then Widescreen mod ?

As there are variation of problems coming out from installing GUI's after the widescreen mod, unless they were designed to be placed on top of the Widescreen mod, like the BG1GUI mod and the Torment GUI mod's were.

Which order did you use, the Widescreen mod and then the TutuGUI or the TutuGUI and then Widescreen mod ?

As there are variation of problems coming out from installing GUI's after the widescreen mod, unless they were designed to be placed on top of the Widescreen mod, like the BG1GUI mod and the Torment GUI mod's were.

I tried just about every order in the book...the only one that worked at all was to install Widescreen after BG1/TutuGUI. In fact, while I was searching for this type of issue, I came across a discussion somewhere between LadeJearl and the bigg, and that's actually the way it should be done now...the problem that TutuGUI addressed has been fixed in later versions of Widescreen, so it'll actually screw things up if you install the widescreen fix that comes as part of TutuGUI.

Archived