True Grandmastery...

Guest Dave

Thank you. I'm playing with the SCS2 "more sensible choices of weapon proficiencies for fighters" component, and it would be a shame, if the true grandmastery would not apply.

By the way: do high level casters profit from unnerfed spell progression tables? And are thieves affected by changes of the Rogue Rebalancing? (thanks for making the mod, I like it a lot)

Maybe these are stupid questions, but google won't spit out an answer :laugh:

Most (?) enemies just have their APR and thac0/damage bonuses "hardcoded" rather than assigning them weapon proficiencies. The vast majority of CREs with assigned proficiencies are party NPCs. Overall it's definitely a boost in the player's favor.

By the way: do high level casters profit from unnerfed spell progression tables? And are thieves affected by changes of the Rogue Rebalancing?

Not all of them. However, thieves that are modified by certain RR components (i.e. Shadow Thieves and the Chosen of Cyric bunch) do benefit from the changes.

Most (?) enemies just have their APR and thac0/damage bonuses "hardcoded" rather than assigning them weapon proficiencies. The vast majority of CREs with assigned proficiencies are party NPCs. Overall it's definitely a boost in the player's favor.

Remember that BG1 proficiencies (i.e. Small Sword and such) work too, and a lot of creatures have those. The grandmastery bonus applies to them as well.

Really, BG1 proficiency bonuses are also applied in BG2?! Is there a known translation table, details?

This could be related to gemrb's lehtinan vs hendak problem, since they also have some bg1 profs set.

Really, BG1 proficiency bonuses are also applied in BG2?! Is there a known translation table, details?

IIRC, they work the same way as they did in BG1. For example, Small Sword covers Short Swords and Daggers, Large Sword covers Long Swords, 2H Swords, Bastard Swords and Scimitars etc. As for the weapons that didn't exist in BG1 (katana, wakizashi, ninja-to) I'm not 100% sure, but I think it depends on their item animation (0x22). That's why a Wakizashi uses Small Sword while a Ninja-To uses Large Sword.

Check this thread for more details.

Archived