43189717th new NPC mod idea..

Andarielle

I totally agree with that. Besides, I believe that most people who play those games don't know much about the PnP rules. The people who do might get irritated at details like that though, I understand. undecided.gif

I think a lot of people who play these games *do* know about the PnP rules by this point actually, however, if they are anything like me, they get annoyed when these rules are shoved and ground into their faces when they try to enjoy a seemingly decent plot. That and the obsession with micromanagement of attributes and inventory. Some people like that aspect of the game. I don't.

Rules were meant to bend and not followed fanatically. It would make for a boring game if it was.

My elven character is scarred and that's just the way it is. Its a minor bending of the rules and who says that a magical weapon doesn't leave a permanent scar? I don't recall anything about magical weapons or something like a demon doing damage to the flesh.

Ahh, nitpicking... The art of plucking out microscopic details and being annoyed at their existence. Don't you all have something better to do?

About this character, I like him. He looks good. Not feminine at all, but more like handsome. That "he's too femmy" comment probably came from guys who don't like guys, unlike me. Who says all (male) pirates have to look like Cap'n Vomitbeard Doesnotbathe? Elves are different from humans, but they're not deities, so I think scars are fine, as are flaws. Everyone has their own unpleasant things they have experienced, current experience, or will experience. Some more than others. Personally I adore Aerie, simply because crying and hurt doesn't annoy me. Rather, I'm sweet and I care, I want to comfort. And also, because Aerie isn't as one-dimensional as many think. She's actually a sweet and caring, if somewhat naive, young woman. Just one who's had a rough time. To all who hate Aerie, I always say: "You try having your limbs sawed off in such brutal ways, with rusted knives, and then the wounds sealed with torches, with no hope of recovery. Ever. See if you won't break down after that." But coming back on the topic of your pirate having a nasty past, feel free to include it. But don't overdo it. No, I don't think they overdid Aerie. I've known people who are like that. Oh, and try not to let your NPC overshadow CHARNAME in any way. It's CHARNAME's show, not any of the NPC's, no matter how awesome they might be.

Creativity is fine too. Don't get too distracted by the general modding scene crowd. Feel free to ask for opinions, but follow what YOU want to do with your mod. You won't please everyone, and that's not supposed to be the aim either.

Thank you very much for your comment! :laugh:

I don't hate Aerie, I just think she is very whiny. I'm not about to bash on her by throwing insults and attacks at her in potential banters with my NPC, because being cruel is not my thing. I prefer humor.

So you find him handsome? Thank you! That makes me happy! I was going for a nice look despite the injuries. He is missing some skin texture but I'm having a hard time finding the right texture brushes on Photoshop CS5.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to share your opinions and ideas! :hm:

Archived