Icewind dale issues w/ current git

Guest khamual

Guest khamual

I'm running latest git of gemrb on fedora 15 64bit. I've been playing icewind dale and there are a few issues. I'm wondering if these are unique to my install or are known limitations.

1) Only music and interface sounds are played. No character monster or combat noises. I've selected the check-boxes in the sound config panel for everything.

2) My mage (18 int, 18 wis) can't learn any new spells. I can click "write magic", but it fails every time. Tested with two different spells lots and lots of times.

3) The widescreen mod will not install. I followed the instructions for linux, but tolower and weinstall widescreen both execute without any promp or error message (I understand there are supposed to be a few questions I'm supposed to answer during the install), and there's no indication to me that the widescreen mod was actually installed.

Can anyone speak to these issues? The status page on the wiki gives me the impression that these sort of issues have been delt with and now you're tackling more obscure problems.

Guest khamual

Ok, turns out I can learn spells, I just was having a run of bad luck I guess.

I'm running latest git of gemrb on fedora 15 64bit. I've been playing icewind dale and there are a few issues. I'm wondering if these are unique to my install or are known limitations.

1) Only music and interface sounds are played. No character monster or combat noises. I've selected the check-boxes in the sound config panel for everything.

2) My mage (18 int, 18 wis) can't learn any new spells. I can click "write magic", but it fails every time. Tested with two different spells lots and lots of times.

3) The widescreen mod will not install. I followed the instructions for linux, but tolower and weinstall widescreen both execute without any promp or error message (I understand there are supposed to be a few questions I'm supposed to answer during the install), and there's no indication to me that the widescreen mod was actually installed.

Can anyone speak to these issues? The status page on the wiki gives me the impression that these sort of issues have been delt with and now you're tackling more obscure problems.

Played IWD for some time, about you issues:

1) Can't say something about audio - I always deliberately disable sound.

2) It seems mage is OK now :laugh: . With older versions with BG1 I had reverse issue - all spells were always written to spellbook even if message said about learning fail. It seems this were fixed too.

3) I read about linux version for some time, feared it much :hm: , and then launch virtualbox with winxp and run widescreen mod there (with vbox shared folder you even don't need to copy files to virtual HD). Patched resources works fine on debian 5 64bit and android.

If you really want to use linux version, maybe you can find some more help in widescreen mod subforum - http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=136

Archived