So, Andris is unkillable

Grunker

Andris drops to 1HP and then won't die. The only info I could find on the subject related to SCS; apparently he's supposed to Dimension Door away or something? Well, in my game, he just wacks me with his staff while refusing to die.

Halp plaeze.

Love the mod, by the way. It's quite brilliant.

If Andris is the guy in the first group you encounter underground, I think he has some speech when he first sees you, then starts DDing around whilst chucking spells at you. I don't recall him having a "death speech" or DDing just before he dies though.

Maybe he's been given a minhp item by another mod?

Andris drops to 1HP and then won't die. The only info I could find on the subject related to SCS; apparently he's supposed to Dimension Door away or something? Well, in my game, he just wacks me with his staff while refusing to die.

Halp plaeze.

Love the mod, by the way. It's quite brilliant.

I experienced this, too. He eventually just walked away so I was able to get rid of him, but he stuck around in the maze and was completely unkillable. Even CTRL+Y would not kill him.

I'm on a different install now, though, so we'll see if it was a one time thing.

If Andris is the guy in the first group you encounter underground, I think he has some speech when he first sees you, then starts DDing around whilst chucking spells at you. I don't recall him having a "death speech" or DDing just before he dies though.

Maybe he's been given a minhp item by another mod?

According an SCS-thread I found, the minHP is given to him by SCS. He's then supposed to teleport away, and you can kill him later.

In my game he doesn't teleport away. I can't progress in my game right now.

I have a guess as to how this could happen, and have fixed it (I hope) in v20.

Since this is a perennial problem, I've also added a "kill Andris" option in v20: if this happens to you, do "CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWKillAndris","GLOBAL",1)" and he should get his comeuppance.

Bump. I'm using v20 and the bug is still there. What's worse, typing "CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWKillAndris","GLOBAL",1)" in the console does absolutely nothing. Am I screwed now? I don't want to start from scratch...

I use many mods, installed in following order

BGTalesUS5512

BGII-ThroneofBhaal_patch_26498

Ascension-weidu

BG2_Fixpack-v9

BGT112_Install

BG1UB v12

Unfinishedbusiness-v19

RE_v5

D0QuestPack_v23

BanterPackV9

SCS1

SCS2

BG_Tweaks-v8

BGTTweak_v8

Bump. I'm using v20 and the bug is still there. What's worse, typing "CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWKillAndris","GLOBAL",1)" in the console does absolutely nothing. Am I screwed now? I don't want to start from scratch...

OK, I can reproduce (and understand) the failure of my override code. Drop the attached files into your override directory and then try the console command again. (Don't do it until after the fight with Andris begins.)

The bug itself still confuses me, as I can't reproduce it on my install (either in EasyTutu or in BGT). If you're feeling helpful, I'd appreciate the answers to these questions:

(i) is the bug repeatable? That is: does it happen every time you encounter Andris, or just sometimes?

(ii) does the bug occur if you CTRL-Y Beyn and Marcellus as soon as the fight starts?

(iii) does the bug occur if you CTRL-Y Andris as soon as the fight starts?

(iv) what happens if you run a weidu --change-log command on andris.cre?

If you're not sure how to do (iv):

(1) open a command window in your BG2 directory: Type "cmd" in the "search" bar of your start menu, then in the command window, type

CD /D [my BG2 directory]

(2) in the command window, type "copy setup-scs.exe weidu.exe"

(3) in the command window, type "weidu --change-log andris.cre"

(4) Tell me what response you get.

andris_hotfix.zip

Hey, I managed to get around this bug by casting a spook spell on Andris and saving once he ran out of vision, then avoiding the place where he went to (killing him isn't crucial to beat Ice Labirynth). I don't have a save from that area anymore unfortunately, however I can answer some of the questions:

(i) - it happened every time to me, reloading prior to entering the ice labirynth and doing it again on v20 didn't help

(ii) - CTRL-Y on those guys didn't change much: Andris was immortal anyway

(iii) - I tried CTRL-Y on Andris on many parts of the fight (with cheats activated), but it did not do anything at all.

Hey, I managed to get around this bug by casting a spook spell on Andris and saving once he ran out of vision, then avoiding the place where he went to (killing him isn't crucial to beat Ice Labirynth). I don't have a save from that area anymore unfortunately, however I can answer some of the questions:

(i) - it happened every time to me, reloading prior to entering the ice labirynth and doing it again on v20 didn't help

(ii) - CTRL-Y on those guys didn't change much: Andris was immortal anyway

(iii) - I tried CTRL-Y on Andris on many parts of the fight (with cheats activated), but it did not do anything at all.

If you're able to do (iv), it would be very helpful. (You don't need a savegame.)

all right:

c:\Games\BGT>weidu --change-log andris.cre

[weidu] WeiDU version 23100

[./CHITIN.KEY] 258 BIFFs, 47974 resources

[./dialog.tlk] 101691 string entries

[weidu] Using scripting style "BG2"

override/ANDRIS.CRE

[bGT/Language/English/prompts.tra] has 51 translation strings

[bGT/Language/English/setup.tra] has 74 translation strings

[bGT/Language/English/dialog.tra] has 31 translation strings

[bGT/Language/English/journal.tra] has 319 translation strings

[bGT/Language/English/scripts.tra] has 22 translation strings

override/ANDRIS.CRE

[bg1ub/tra/English/setup.tra] has 93 translation strings

override/andris.cre scs/backup/10/andris.cre

[scs/tra/english/english.tra] has 601 translation strings

override/andris.cre scs/backup/3001/andris.cre

override/ANDRIS.CRE scs/backup/5000/ANDRIS.CRE

override/ANDRIS.CRE scs/backup/5023/ANDRIS.CRE

override/ANDRIS.CRE scs/backup/5031/ANDRIS.CRE

override/ANDRIS.CRE scsii/backup/6151/ANDRIS.CRE

[scsii/tra/english/english.tra] has 657 translation strings

Mods affecting ANDRIS.CRE:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core

: 1.12 (12 Jun 2011)

00001: /* from game biffs */ ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ 0 16 // Creature Correction

s: v12

00002: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 10 // Initialise (required by almost all other mod comp

onents): v20

00003: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 3001 // Standardise spells: BG1 vs BG2 -> Introduce BG2

spell scrolls into BG1: v20

00004: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5000 // Smarter general AI: v20

00005: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5023 // Potions for NPCs -> Two thirds of the potions d

ropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v20

00006: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5031 // Smarter mages -> Mages use spells from BG1 and

BG2; mages do not pre-buff: v20

00007: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6151 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-

duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the

PC: v20

That's odd. SCSII should not be messing with Andris (and doesn't when I try to reproduce your install).

If you know how to use Near Infinity, could you tell me which scripts Andris runs? And if you don't, could you email andris.cre (in your override folder) to david dot wallace at balliol dot ox dot ac dot uk?

Okay, I can confirm my suspicion as to what is happening: Andris has somehow been treated as a generic mage by SCSII. That means he gets a generic script rather than his bespoke one, and that generic script doesn't tell him to lose the ring.

What's more interesting is why. I can't reproduce the effect at all on my own install.

Is there anything weird or non-standard about the version of SCS(II) you're using? i.e., have you got v20 of both mods, and are you using any third-party "fixes"?

If not (and if you're not fed up) can you send me the copies of andris.cre that you'll find in scs/backup/5000, scs/backup/5031, and scsii/backup/6151?

In the meantime, dumping the attached copy of andris.cre into your override folder will fix the bug.

ANDRIS.zip

Archived