Game Text Update from iwdfixpack removes voiceover?

Guest limaxophobiac

Guest limaxophobiac

Today I installed IWD on my new computer with fixpack, tweakpack, and widescreen patch. Everything is working perfectly except for one little thing, when the Prologue chapter text plays just as the game start ("Our story begins in the quiet fishing village of Easthaven..."), the voice over was gone. After re-intalling and applying the mods one at a time, it seems it's the Game Text Update from the fixpack that is causing it (it disappeared when I un-installed it). All other voices are working fine (character voices, Hrothgars introduction etc.). Is this a known issue?

Guest Ayrus
Today I installed IWD on my new computer with fixpack, tweakpack, and widescreen patch. Everything is working perfectly except for one little thing, when the Prologue chapter text plays just as the game start ("Our story begins in the quiet fishing village of Easthaven..."), the voice over was gone. After re-intalling and applying the mods one at a time, it seems it's the Game Text Update from the fixpack that is causing it (it disappeared when I un-installed it). All other voices are working fine (character voices, Hrothgars introduction etc.). Is this a known issue?

This has happened to me too. I installed other mods too, but if you only installed those, then the problem must be in one of those.

Guest Wraith_Sarevok

I have the exact same problem.

I can confirm that only the GameText Update component is causing it (I removed all other mods and ran with only IWD+HoW+TotLM).

It's not too big a deal, as the Assorted Fixes component covers most of the bugs in the game. I've also only ever ran into a couple of conversation bugs in the unmodded game at the MOST, and none of them were game-breaking.

The GameText Update unpacks .TRA files, which might be the problem. I've always assumed that text changes were supposed to be made in the dialog.tlk file.

Archived