Fixed: Bug at the End *spoilers*

Hello

Firstly thanks a lot for this mod. I was ROFL while I was playing the Mod. :rolleyes:

However at the end Drini introduced you to Mrs. Unmanned and you are Teleported to the secret area. I start fighting the Gibbering 12 and the Lady vanished. After I killed them she wasn't there. I left the place and came back to the Slums. There she was standing and all she was saying is: " you no good cure , I hired........ ". Every time I talk to here.

Like Drini didn't summon the Gibbering.

Second I recognised a typo: @ Javas place the Barista says: " Sorry we don't don't have any.... ". One don't to much. ;-)

Odolon :D

I just wanted to report that I'm having the exact same problem.

Some additional details:

Everything's great until I fight the Gibberling 13. I noted that during the fight, Mrs. the Unmanned went up the stairs. Good, I think, get her out of the way. I kill all the mages (out of curiosity, is this a fight scaled to player level? I managed to take 'em around level 10 after a few reloads to buff up first).

I loot, and go upstairs to what looks like "random encounter alley". When I try to exit it, it shows on the world map that I'm in the slums, and if I click on slums, it puts me right back into "random encounter alley". So I go to the Promenade first, and all looks fine. Then I go to the slums. I appear on the south end, right where Drini had cast the summoning. The three gibberlings (which all died during my battle) are suddenly part of my group, and Mrs. The Unmanned is there. Every time I talk to her, she recites the lines as mentioned above, the first two lines she says before Drini shows up in the earlier encounter. It says "continued" at the bottom, but since Drini's not there to respond, the dialogue ends abruptly as soon as you click it.

Incidentally, this is a GREAT mod, I've thoroughly enjoyed it, getting the drinks was a lot of fun :rolleyes: Too bad the ending's messed up :D

I'll reload to a point prior to giving Drini the drinks and play on from there until this is fixed. Thanks for all your great work!

Qwinn

Eh, I'll report this too. It's quite minor, but (barring the complaint above) the mod's so close to perfect that you might as well know about it so you can make it all the way perfect if you want :rolleyes: In the drink you get in the Promenade (not the Java house, the other one), the one with the halfling girl and the rogue, I got some odd behavior when I talked to the rogue first, and convinced him to go talk to her. He walks up to her, and then I fall into a loop (with brief pauses in between) where it would act as if I'd just initiated conversation with him back on the far side of the bar. I end the conversation, and it pops back up. I broke the loop by actually trying to initiate dialogue with him, which kicked off the reconciliation conversation between him and the halfling lass, and everything finished properly. So it looks like you just have a couple of scripts reversed when it's him approaching her, and flipping them should fix it.

I had no problems if I got her to approach him, or with any other of the drink quests. Like I said, this is a very minor problem, easily resolved, just a bit dirty. Please fix the above problem first! This one's nothing but cleanup, but I thought you'd want to know :D (and hey, maybe I'll get hired as a playtester one of these days, grin)

Qwinn

Just checking in, since it's been a week. Are you having trouble duplicating the bug at the end of the quest? Any other information you need me to provide?

Qwinn

Okay, it's been an additional two weeks, and additionally I just finished this mod -again- (doing a new game), same result.

I noticed a couple of new things as I went through this time, though:

(CONTAINS SPOILERS, AVOID IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THROUGH)

1) Mrs. Unmanned tells you she's giving your reward (which is pretty much purely monetary) ahead of time.

2) The final journal entry is entered immediately upon being sent to deal with the Gibbering 12, telling you that you got your reward, etc.

Noting these, my new question is this - is the phenomenon we're seeing of Mrs. The Unmanned still being on the south end of the Slums something we should ignore, because we really weren't ever supposed to talk to her again, not even a thank you? When I wrote about this before, I was just under the assumption that there was supposed to be a final reward phase, but now I'm wondering.

If so, well, if I may add a touch of constructive criticism - that's kindof a bummer way to finish off an otherwise really really top notch mod. For the difficulty factor (a whole lot of FedExing for the drinks, and a pretty tough final fight), the reward factor for the overall quest seems kinda low - not one usable item, just poor items fit only to be sold off to merchants - and believe me when I say that I'm one of those players who's absolutely anal about mods being "balanced" and not giving overly large rewards. This is the first time I think I've ever complained that a reward wasn't sufficient, heheh. Now, the quest was quite fun all the way through, and so I'm not -really- disappointed or anything, but I would recommend adding at least one decent bit of loot for mages (say, a chest with a Robe of the Good Archmagi, or a ring of wizardry, something on that level, nice but not overwhelming). The challenge and time involved in completing this particular quest does merit one single decent item for a reward, IMO. A bunch of poor bracers and lesser robes is just a bummer for such a great buildup.

If you disagree, well, at least have Mrs. Unmanned say thank you properly, dangit! :D

Either way, the 7 subquests were all still fun and very well written, so thanks for an excellent mod :thumbsup: I give this advice only because the mod is so good that it could easily become a "must-install" mod for a lot of players.

Qwinn

Spoilers are included; you've been warned. :)

However at the end Drini introduced you to Mrs. Unmanned and you are Teleported to the secret area. I start fighting the Gibbering 12 and the Lady vanished. After I killed them she wasn't there. I left the place and came back to the Slums. There she was standing and all she was saying is: " you no good cure , I hired........ ". Every time I talk to here.

Like Drini didn't summon the Gibbering.

I just wanted to report that I'm having the exact same problem.

OK, this has been replicated and fixed.

Second I recognised a typo: @ Javas place the Barista says: " Sorry we don't don't have any.... ". One don't to much.  ;-)

Fixed.

I kill all the mages (out of curiosity, is this a fight scaled to player level?  I managed to take 'em around level 10 after a few reloads to buff up first). 

It does now. For the upcoming version 3, difficulties above normal will get faster mage spawns. For normal and below we're leaving this untweaked from v2.

When I try to exit it, it shows on the world map that I'm in the slums, and if I click on slums, it puts me right back into "random encounter alley".

Another bug that has been fixed locally. Unfortunately this one will require a new game as it took some worldmap patching. The worldmap is patched so G3A will still work with other mods that overwrite the worldmap, provided G3A is installed after them. Actually it would work before them as well, you'll just get the same funky travel anomaly you've desribed here.

In the drink you get in the Promenade (not the Java house, the other one), the one with the halfling girl and the rogue, I got some odd behavior when I talked to the rogue first, and convinced him to go talk to her.  He walks up to her, and then I fall into a loop (with brief pauses in between) where it would act as if I'd just initiated conversation with him back on the far side of the bar.  I end the conversation, and it pops back up.  I broke the loop by actually trying to initiate dialogue with him, which kicked off the reconciliation conversation between him and the halfling lass, and everything finished properly.  So it looks like you just have a couple of scripts reversed when it's him approaching her, and flipping them should fix it.

That's what it was, spot on. Also fixed locally.

1)  Mrs. Unmanned tells you she's giving your reward (which is pretty much purely monetary) ahead of time.

2)  The final journal entry is entered immediately upon being sent to deal with the Gibbering 12, telling you that you got your reward, etc.

Noting these, my new question is this - is the phenomenon we're seeing of Mrs. The Unmanned still being on the south end of the Slums something we should ignore, because we really weren't ever supposed to talk to her again, not even a thank you?  When I wrote about this before, I was just under the assumption that there was supposed to be a final reward phase, but now I'm wondering.

If so, well, if I may add a touch of constructive criticism - that's kindof a bummer way to finish off an otherwise really really top notch mod.  For the difficulty factor (a whole lot of FedExing for the drinks, and a pretty tough final fight), the reward factor for the overall quest seems kinda low - not one usable item, just poor items fit only  to be sold off to merchants - and believe me when I say that I'm one of those players who's absolutely anal about mods being "balanced" and not giving overly large rewards.  This is the first time I think I've ever complained that a reward wasn't sufficient, heheh.  Now, the quest was quite fun all the way through, and so I'm not -really- disappointed or anything, but I would recommend adding at least one decent bit of loot for mages (say, a chest with a Robe of the Good Archmagi, or a ring of wizardry, something on that level, nice but not overwhelming).  The challenge and time involved in completing this particular quest does merit one single decent item for a reward, IMO. A bunch of poor bracers and lesser robes is just a bummer for such a great buildup.

Thanks for the feedback and criticism. Mrs GTU was not supposed to hang around the slums; she was supposed to bail at the G12 confrontation and not return. However, it was rather abrupt and unsatisfactory, and thanks to your suggestion (and others, you weren't the only one, heh) we've added some additional content at the end to give it a better ending. We've also included a bit more loot in the form of three unique items (all minor--in fact two I just took from the Tutu Tweak Pack). At any rate, I feel better about the ending now and hope it comes through on your next playthrough of the mod.

Huge thanks for the feedback and bug reports, and apologies again for not responding faster. V3--which addresses these issues and others--should be out very soon, within a day or two unless something new doesn't crop up.

edit: v3 has been released, which includes these changes.

Archived