[For Eventual Doc Update] NPCs waiting in an inn - or elsewhere (?)

Guest Rune Darkfire

Guest Rune Darkfire

Greetings!

I'm looking for some information / code on this particular piece of the project. Specifically, I forgot to write down so long ago where I dumped Minsc, and now I'm trying to get him back :-). It was before Chapter 5, so I would have told him to "meet me somewhere on the Sword Coast", but I can't remember where, it was so long ago :-(.

Does anyone know where Minsc went? Thanks for all your help.

R.D.

PS. Kudos to everyone who has made BG1 & 2 so much fun for me all over again, ten years later.

Guest RDarkfire

Wow, really? I thought this was a nice community. Oh well.

Greetings!

I'm looking for some information / code on this particular piece of the project. Specifically, I forgot to write down so long ago where I dumped Minsc, and now I'm trying to get him back :-). It was before Chapter 5, so I would have told him to "meet me somewhere on the Sword Coast", but I can't remember where, it was so long ago :-(.

Does anyone know where Minsc went? Thanks for all your help.

R.D.

PS. Kudos to everyone who has made BG1 & 2 so much fun for me all over again, ten years later.

There's no information on "where NPCs go if sent to wait in an inn" in the mod's docs, I'm afraid; at least not currently. There's a (granted, not so easy) way to check if out, though: bg1npc/tra/english/x#npcwait.tra - if you open it with notepad, you can find out where Jaheira, Minsc and others go. From my understanding, Minsc should be in the Friendly Arm Inn if sent there before Chapter 5.

(I've not seen your post, myself, as I was on vacation, and I suspect this was true for many other users. In summer, the boards are kind of slow. Well, it's always slow these days, but especially when it's above +34C outside. Oh, and you're welcome for the kudos, by the way. :-) )

Guest RDarkfire
Noted for eventual document update - list of locations in component probably tied to Dudleyville so folks can figure it out.

Just as an additional note here... seeing as I haven't been able to find Minsc, and having a modicum of coder-geek knowledge, I'd be happy to help out on this project in an effort to find the space hamster guardian in my game :-).

Is there anywhere in the game that it lists where characters are, at a given time?

Thanks...

-RD.

Is there anywhere in the game that it lists where characters are, at a given time?

I think you can look it up with NI. If Minsc has ever been in the party, his coordinates should be stored in the saved game. I think.

Archived