A problem with the menus

Guest Angel

Guest Angel

Well i just installed the widescreen mod for Planescape torment, the game itself works great but the menus and loading screens are still in low resolution.

Is this patch supposed to work like that or is there a solution?

Guest Angel
Is this patch supposed to work like that or is there a solution?
Well yes.

There is a GUI mod that you can install to improve the view... it's installed on top of the Widescreen mod.

Well thank you very much man, it worked.

Does it work for Baldur's gate or neverwinter games too?

Does it work for Baldur's gate
The Widescreen mod works for BG1 at least if you have the Tales of the sword Coast... like said here. But it also has a few dark areas in the GUI, so I suggest to use this mod after the Widescreen mod.

The Neverwinter games use different game engine, so the (infinity engine) "Widescreen mod" doesn't work on those.

Guest Angel
Does it work for Baldur's gate
The Widescreen mod works for BG1 at least if you have the Tales of the sword Coast... like said here. But it also has a few dark areas in the GUI, so I suggest to use this mod after the Widescreen mod.

The Neverwinter games use different game engine, so the (infinity engine) "Widescreen mod" doesn't work on those.

Ok thanks.

Does every supported game for this mod (BG 2, Icewind dale I and II) present the same problem with the menus as Planescape? Do i need a diferente patch for each of them?

Does every supported game for this mod ... ?
The BG2 doesn't need one, the rest have some problems, but they don't have a GUI mod to compensate.

And the BGII needs to have it's GUI mods installed before the Widescreen mod...

For example the IwDII doesn't have the main console centered, and there is a black box on it's right side when the resolution is over the original GUI, but everything else is centered... well OK, the loading "hit box" is a mess, but that's it. It's playable with those.

Guest Angel
Does every supported game for this mod ... ?
The BG2 doesn't need one, the rest have some problems, but they don't have a GUI mod to compensate.

And the BGII needs to have it's GUI mods installed before the Widescreen mod...

For example the IwDII doesn't have the main console centered, and there is a black box on it's right side when the resolution is over the original GUI, but everything else is centered... well OK, the loading "hit box" is a mess, but that's it. It's playable with those.

OK thanks for everything.

Hopefuly i won't have any other problems.

Archived