iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

I have added installation instructions to the wiki. I shamelessly copied most of it from JonathanPis guide; thank him. I'll talk to lynx sometime this week about editing the OP with all the new developments and links to the install guide and a multitouch guide.

speaking of touch input. I think im going to change the rightclick back to automatically happening without finger up and just make tooltips display instantly on fingerdown.

I have added installation instructions to the wiki. I shamelessly copied most of it from JonathanPis guide; thank him.

No thanks needed, but if you must... :)

speaking of touch input. I think im going to change the rightclick back to automatically happening without finger up and just make tooltips display instantly on fingerdown.

I fully support this idea. My current right clicking skills are lacking...

Jonathan, have you had a chance to try the latest build? I'm curious if the keyboard is still popping up when trying to scroll. If it is could you answer me if it happens for both single and 2 finger scrolling and give me a specific example so i know where to look?

What are your impressions of the overhead action icons? i know there are some bugs but i dont know if i should fix them or remove the icons or just tweak them like make them semi-transparant and/or scale them (if i can).

Guest Joshua
Jonathan, have you had a chance to try the latest build? I'm curious if the keyboard is still popping up when trying to scroll. If it is could you answer me if it happens for both single and 2 finger scrolling and give me a specific example so i know where to look?

What are your impressions of the overhead action icons? i know there are some bugs but i dont know if i should fix them or remove the icons or just tweak them like make them semi-transparant and/or scale them (if i can).

I just installed July 16th Build.

For the first time Ipad rebooted fine. No hung up on shutdown.

Keyboard behaves normally, didn't notice the difference. three fingers move brings it up with no side effects.

As for the overhead actions icons, what the heck are you talking about :-) a screenshot will help I think here.

Thanks

As for the overhead actions icons, what the heck are you talking about :-) a screenshot will help I think here.

im talking about displaying the action cursos over the actor performing the action since there is no mouse cursor.

gemrb%20overhead%20icons.png

If you guys are downloading from the link in the OP then you dont have the most recent build. ever since i added iphone support the ipad build has been discontinued and i dont have the ability to edit that first post anymore. I need to finish some wiki stuff then lynx will edit the post for me with all the new information. in fact im now deleting that old ipad only build.

No issue with keyboard popping up with new build.

I like the action icons. Probably best to scale them down to about 50% of there current size, but otherwise, very useful.

Guest Joshua

@Johnathan

I had the correct build installed but don't see much the benefit of action icons. True I didn't test that much. Can you please give me more details on how you use them ?

@SyntaxError

I also noticed that the resume feature works flawlessly now when exiting the app with home button.

@Johnathan

I had the correct build installed but don't see much the benefit of action icons. True I didn't test that much. Can you please give me more details on how you use them ?

@SyntaxError

I also noticed that the resume feature works flawlessly now when exiting the app with home button.

You dont use the icons at all. they are there to help you know what action and who is taking that action because there are no contextual cursors like there are with a mouse. They may not be all that useful and if they are just intrusive ill remove them.

Good to see resume works for you, but i didnt change anything for that. I'll stick with my previous assumptions on that.

Guest Joshua

Played around a bit more and once you get used to them it becomes really useful. Makes it more clear to get characters to do something.

Also size of these icons is good enough. The only grief I have but nothing to do with you is the target selection.

For example to talk to someone you have to "click" the target character's feet.

Not that easy on the iPad.

I lost track but have you got more planned for gemrb on IOS ?

Thanks for the great work so far !

nothing im doing is necessarily iOS specific anymore. practically everything i've done can be used by the android port for instance once they upgrade to SDL 1.3 (and my code is committed to the repo)

I looked into it and believe it or not scaling sprites isnt supported out of the box for SDL so scaling the icons probably wont happen.

here is the short list of what i have lined up for gemrb in no particular order:

1. revert tap and hold back to being right click.

2. do something about tooltips. either remove them entirely or selectively include them. dont quite know how im going to go about conditionally displaying them.

3. vectorize 3 fingered gestures to swipe up shows keyboard and swipe down dismisses it. currently any 3 finger gesture shows it and you have to dismiss it via keyboard button.

4. fix the action icon bugs (already mostly done in source)

5. implement rotation of waypoints and assign rotate gesture

if you want to disable tooltips, the easiest thing to do would be to set a ridiculous TooltipDelay in the config you package. But they're very useful, so I wouldn't like that idea as a player. Maybe display it at the bottom of the screen, like the debug console.

nothing im doing is necessarily iOS specific anymore. practically everything i've done can be used by the android port for instance once they upgrade to SDL 1.3 (and my code is committed to the repo)

I looked into it and believe it or not scaling sprites isnt supported out of the box for SDL so scaling the icons probably wont happen.

here is the short list of what i have lined up for gemrb in no particular order:

1. revert tap and hold back to being right click.

2. do something about tooltips. either remove them entirely or selectively include them. dont quite know how im going to go about conditionally displaying them.

3. vectorize 3 fingered gestures to swipe up shows keyboard and swipe down dismisses it. currently any 3 finger gesture shows it and you have to dismiss it via keyboard button.

4. fix the action icon bugs (already mostly done in source)

5. implement rotation of waypoints and assign rotate gesture

Where can I please get the link for your latest ipad build? (you seem to imply that using the link in the first post will give me the wrong one, or am I misunderstanding?)

Is there any way to install this on the iPhone without jailbreaking it?

I've got a work phone (so don't want to jailbreak it) but I really want to play PST on mobile!

Archived