Icewind Dale 2 crashs when I start multiplayer TCP/IP game

Loam

Hello,

at first, thanks for the great widescreen mod. It's working for me with Icewind Dale 1 + addon + expansion pack but with part 2 I got a problem.

My System runs with windows 7 64 bit.

At first, what it did is as follows:

- Installed IWD2

- Switched with the config tool to window mode, activated administrator and compatibility to Windows XP SP3. Now TCP/IP game is working fine.

- Installed the official patch version 2.01, TCP/IP game still works fine.

- Now installed the widescreen mod (1680x1050) and TCP/IP is no longer working, singleplayer is okay. And the game is no longer in a window, it's full screen but with 1680x1050 resolution in singleplayer.

IPX is not avaible with Win7. Is there a way to use the mod and a TCP/IP game? Did i make a mistake?

Many thx for help in advance.

Loam

I'm pretty sure that only really ancient versions of Widescreen ignore the 'windowed' setting. I'd try uninstalling Widescreen, downloading and installing the latest version (3.05) and selecting Windowed mode again in the config window.

I'm pretty sure that only really ancient versions of Widescreen ignore the 'windowed' setting. I'd try uninstalling Widescreen, downloading and installing the latest version (3.05) and selecting Windowed mode again in the config window.

thanks for your quick answer.

I already have the latest version. I'm usind dualscreen with two 22" lcd. Could that make a difference?

Btw. IWD1 is fine and also running in full screen with the windows mode option checked with TCP/IP and widescreen resolution 1680x1050.

Edit: I've deactivated the second screen but it's still the same result.

IWD1 is stabler than IWD2 when it comes to graphics (IWD1's engine is more or less a copy of BG2, IWD2's is a mish-mash between BG1 and BG2). Your best bet is to run IWD2 in windowed mode (although I have no idea why installing Widescreen would change the setting).

I did uninstall the widescreen mod and started the game. It's in a windows again and a TCP/IP game is working.

Playing IWD2 without widescreen would be okay for me if the last to options in the config->grafic (1600x1200 / 2048x1536) wouldn't be greyd out. Do you know why I can only chosse between 800x00 (original) and 1024x768 (unsupported)? Or does that have to do with my 16:10 screen?

ah, okay...I found out something interesting. When I change my screen resolution in windows to 1024x768 to stretch the game for my lcd (because of 1024x768) the game crashes too in window mode....even without the mod installed. The mod is fine! Maybe it is impossible to use a screen resolution for the game that is the screen resulution of windows...but only for Icewind Dale 2 (as you said, it's different to part 1 and working fine).

Now, I've changed my windows resolution back to 1680x1050 and installed the widescreenmod with 1600x900 and it works perfect.

That's a good deal for me.

Do you know if I can set for x and y what ever I want or do I have to use "real existing" resolutions? Maybe I could set it to 1670x1040?

Archived