Quick Question - Gavin's Visits in SoA

BelgarathMTH

Hi, I'm in a new BG run where I'm hoping to take Gavin in my party all the way from Beregost to Suldanesselar.

My question is, I've never run Gavin through the Underdark before. What happens if the timer for his visits to Lanie goes off in Brynnlaw, the Sahuagin City, or in the Underdark, where you have no way to take him to Athkatla?

The last thing I need is for my party cleric to up and abandon me in the middle of an illithid lair or a drow city!

Also, while I'm asking, even though there is no written content for him, (yet), can Gavin be summoned into the Pocket Plane in ToB, or is he done and gone at the end of SoA?

Thanks.

It won't. There are chapter checks on everything, so no visits or reminders during Chapters 4 or 5.

At this point, he will be silent in ToB. There is no ToB content released yet.

Thanks, Berelinde. You're awfully kind to keep checking this thread every day and keep supporting Gavin after all these years!

I might consider using Gavin in ToB even if he has nothing to say and will not appear in the epilogues. I like him that much. It would be nice if his voice set still functioned.

So, my question was really, can I use him in ToB even without any scripts? If yes, would his voice set be accessible? In order to use the "silent Gavin", he would have to be summonable through the pocket plane. (or maybe CLUA'd in?) So, is it possible?

Thanks again.

Guest Lingz
It won't. There are chapter checks on everything, so no visits or reminders during Chapters 4 or 5.

At this point, he will be silent in ToB. There is no ToB content released yet.

Thanks, Berelinde. You're awfully kind to keep checking this thread every day and keep supporting Gavin after all these years!

I might consider using Gavin in ToB even if he has nothing to say and will not appear in the epilogues. I like him that much. It would be nice if his voice set still functioned.

So, my question was really, can I use him in ToB even without any scripts? If yes, would his voice set be accessible? In order to use the "silent Gavin", he would have to be summonable through the pocket plane. (or maybe CLUA'd in?) So, is it possible?

Thanks again.

If I remember correct, when you finish SoA you get teleported over to ToB with all your remaining party members. And since Gavin doesn't have a 'Hey we are at that point in the game- now I'm leaving you and running far far away' he'll remain in the party. He wont have any conversations (but I think his voice set should still be working) but he'll be there as a functioning party member.

-Don't think he'll be summonable through the pocket plane and have no clue about the CLUA, but continuing the game from SoA is one way to move him to ToB.

Hope this helps (even if just a tiny bit)

Archived