Alternatives vs Tortured Souls

Guest Janus

Guest Janus

I'm playing Baldur's Gate with mega modification (Trilogy and lots of mods - using Weidu BigWorld), including Alternatives and Tortured Souls. I wanted to choose the alternative way for the first time and help Sir Aster instead of working with the Shadow Thieves, but I have one question. If I do this (the paladin way), will I have a chance to move on in the Tortured Souls mod (going to Kara-Tur and so on)? Because as far as I know, the Kachiko-Yoshimo story begins at the Docks, during the first meeting with Saemon Havarian. And I suppose I won't meet Saemon when working with Aster...

Does anyone know a solution? Do I have to choose between the two mods? I'd like to play both, as there are new areas and quests in both of them :)

Does anyone know a solution? Do I have to choose between the two mods? I'd like to play both, as there are new areas and quests in both of them :)
Well, you can do the same thing you need to do with many of the BiG World mods, play the game several times and that way you can play all the alternative routes you wish to. As ...
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content, but you have more choices or paths through the game.

I see... Well, I thought there was a way to do it. If not - I'll skip the alternative way this time, or save a game before making the decision and try both mods.

Btw, there should be a mod increasing the maximum number of party members up to at least 8! Now even if I want someone to join me, I have no free slots as I need all of the guys to move on in the mods...

Anyway, thanks for the answer!

Yeah, that's kind of a this-or-that situation. You will meet Saemon Havarian. That part is unchanged. But the way the cutscenes are linked up, you would be going to Brynnlaw, not Kara-Tur. Maybe on some other playthrough.

Btw, there should be a mod increasing the maximum number of party members up to at least 8! Now even if I want someone to join me, I have no free slots as I need all of the guys to move on in the mods...
Well, you kinda have the option to have 9 party 'members', the familiar being one, the mule being one and the wolf being one...

What comes to the real NPCs, it would be quite huge undertaking from what I have heard to make one able to have even one more join-able NPC... as one would need to modify nearly every script etc to take such a thing to account. Not even Ascension64 is willing to take that challenge. So Chevalier note applies on this one too.

Well, it's much easier to do that with gemrb and thebigg suggested adding a new routine to wierdu to handle the script change (still unconvinced that way would be easier than normal regexing). Maybe I should just start working on it now that the new release is practically out.

Archived