Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

Daystar +4 is changed to Long Sword but its general description is still of Bastard Sword. Besides, when you use it to backstab, you still get the message "Your weapon is unsuitable for backstab." I'm not sure what determines if it's suitable or not, cause the ITM file looks fine, exactly like a Long Sword...

The Ring of the Ram's ability is set to caster so when you use it you take the damage instead of your target.

The scroll Protection from Energy (SCRL8Y) is also set to caster, though its description says target is creature touched.

These two minor typos randomly caught my eye when I was reading item descriptions: There is one "got" instead of "god" in Aegis Fang's description and Staff of the Woodlands lack proficiency type in it's description.

I'll be back starting from tomorrow. :) I silently updated the beta to 1.4 a week ago, and some of the bugs/issues below were fixed there, but I'll re-update it asap to include everything else and a few things reported by Ardanis.

Daystar +4 is changed to Long Sword but its general description is still of Bastard Sword. Besides, when you use it to backstab, you still get the message "Your weapon is unsuitable for backstab." I'm not sure what determines if it's suitable or not, cause the ITM file looks fine, exactly like a Long Sword...
Sorry for double post, but...

Doesn't item revision give a -2 penalty to backstab with bastard swords now? They shouldn't be 'unsuitable' anymore...

I'll fix general description.

The backstab penalty is assigned via patch, it's not part of the main component (and yes bastard swords have a -2 penalty to backstab). Did you installed the relative component?

The Ring of the Ram's ability is set to caster so when you use it you take the damage instead of your target.
Fixed, thanks. It seems I've done this error tons of times while moving all abilities from headers to spls.

The scroll Protection from Energy (SCRL8Y) is also set to caster, though its description says target is creature touched.
The last hotfix should have fixed this.

These two minor typos randomly caught my eye when I was reading item descriptions: There is one "got" instead of "god" in Aegis Fang's description and Staff of the Woodlands lack proficiency type in it's description.
Another very minor typo: Ring of the Burglar gives bonus to Lock Picking while other such items give bonus to Lockpicking.
Fixed thanks.

Kiels buckler doesn't seem to be conferring the +1 Dexterity bonus.
I shouldn't within IR. It should grant immunity to hold & stun effects to complement Kiel's set which aims to give you almost full immunity to mind-affecting effects.

Is Roger supposed to only have 1 potion of everytype in his store inventory?
This is an Ardanis' thing. :D

Using Protection from Alterations caused a CTD. can anyone else replicate this?
I think I fixed this issue within the last hotfix (assuming it was caused by wrong targeting assignment). Are you using beta 1.3 or 1.4? (You can check the version on top of you IR tp2 file, or weidu log)

Sorry for double post but it seems I can't edit my posts...

EDIT: The reason why I can't edit my earlier posts is probably somewhere in forum rules, I guess...

Another typo(?): Ring of Acuity is the only item with the text: "Only Usable By" even Ring of Wizardry uses "Usable By" instead.

It seems that at least Ankleg Plate +2 and Blue and Red Dragonplate Armor +5 are flagged as unuseable for Avangers even though in description Shapeshifters are only druids that can't equip them. White Dragonscale Armor +5 on the other hand is both flagged and described as unuseable.

If Avangers aren't supposed to be able to equip these armors, could someone tell me what is the reason for that?

EDIT: And if possible someone could also tell me why edit button disappers after some time.

It seems that at least Ankleg Plate +2 and Blue and Red Dragonplate Armor +5 are flagged as unuseable for Avangers even though in description Shapeshifters are only druids that can't equip them. White Dragonscale Armor +5 on the other hand is both flagged and described as unuseable.
An oversight, I suppose.

EDIT: And if possible someone could also tell me why edit button disappers after some time.
This malady struck G3 about a year ago. Nobody knows why.

COPY_EXISTING ar1905.are override PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE>0x11c BEGIN
 LPF DELETE_AREA_ITEM STR_VAR item_to_delete=belt11 END
END BUT_ONLY

COPY_EXISTING hgber01.cre override LPF FJ_CRE_VALIDITY RET valid=valid END PATCH_IF valid BEGIN
 ADD_CRE_ITEM belt11 #0 #0 #0 NONE BELT
END BUT_ONLY

from item_reallocation.tpa, wrong area, as ar1905 is the now former location of Belm, ar5201 is required.

10th

Small typo: In its description profiency type of "Malakar's Companion +2" is Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To (should be Katana/Wakizashi). In most cases this probably isn't noticable in-game but still...

EDIT: There also seems to be few extra spacings in this weapon's description. Not sure if it's noticable in-game. Finally, Beast Master isn't mentioned in "Not Usable By" listing...

Archived