Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

I'm quite sure I checked all files that change locations of items (main component, store revision and item reallocation) but still I can't find location of Mercykiller Ring. Was it intentionally removed from game or forgotten or am I just wrong?

Defender of Easthaven, Kachiko's Wakisashi (renamed to Malakar's Companion), Robe of Vecna, Vhalior's Helm (renamed to Shadow Veil), Plate of Balduran, Shield of Balduran (code-switched with Sentinel +4) and the only bonus merchant stuff left in game. The rest of items are removed due to the lack of unique BAMs for them, plus increasing difficulty in finding adequate abilities.

Cloak of Balduran is added, though. Dakkon's Katana is supposed to be available too, but there was some reason to not do it atm.

And thanks for reports, the absense of answers does mean they aren't being read.

Defender of Easthaven, Kachiko's Wakisashi (renamed to Malakar's Companion), Robe of Vecna, Vhalior's Helm (renamed to Shadow Veil), Plate of Balduran, Shield of Balduran (code-switched with Sentinel +4) and the only bonus merchant stuff left in game. The rest of items are removed due to the lack of unique BAMs for them, plus increasing difficulty in finding adequate abilities.

Cloak of Balduran is added, though. Dakkon's Katana is supposed to be available too, but there was some reason to not do it atm.

And thanks for reports, the absense of answers does mean they aren't being read.

There is an item pack mod that gives mercykiller ring and few other items unique bams but of course it most likely messes with some bams item revisions already gives to some of them. Personally I think that mercykiller ring already is useful enough even though its abilities aren't that unique and interesting like two other thieves' rings.

Sorry guys, just when I thought I had more spare time I got sucked into work (and a bunch of PS3 games :) ). I'll try to catch up with everything today as I strangely have an almost free day. At least I'll update all hotfixes to include evrything that's been posted in my long absence.

It seems that at least Ankleg Plate +2 and Blue and Red Dragonplate Armor +5 are flagged as unuseable for Avangers even though in description Shapeshifters are only druids that can't equip them. White Dragonscale Armor +5 on the other hand is both flagged and described as unuseable.

If Avangers aren't supposed to be able to equip these armors, could someone tell me what is the reason for that?

Avengers can't wear armor heavier than leather. Why they are not mentioned - dunno. But then again, I'd rather remove completely double-mentioning of class restrictions in items descriptions.

ROFLMAO

PS Updated to v3 Beta 1.5. This is an intermediate update, that only affects the main component.

Here are some minor bugs that I encountered during my recent run:

• Watcher's Helm still works as per V2 and doesn't provide immunity to blindness and deafness
  • Gauntlets of Healing cast Neutralize Poison instead of Lay on Hands
  • Dagger +2: Heart of the Golem uses the icon of a non-magical dagger

Here are some minor bugs that I encountered during my recent run:

• Watcher's Helm still works as per V2 and doesn't provide immunity to blindness and deafness
  • Gauntlets of Healing cast Neutralize Poison instead of Lay on Hands
  • Dagger +2: Heart of the Golem uses the icon of a non-magical dagger

Both Helm and gauntlets are fine on my install. I'll double check. The dagger should have a similar but not identical icon, are you sure they are identical?

Both Helm and gauntlets are fine on my install. I'll double check.

Strange. It could be because I wasn't using the latest hotfixes (from November 9th) during that playthrough.

The dagger should have a similar but not identical icon, are you sure they are identical?

Not sure, they pretty much looked the same to me. In any case, having a magical item use an icon of a non-magical item of the same type is confusing.

@2104 : Albruin +2 : "[...]It was stolen from the palace at Suzail in the Year of Daystar (1286 DR)[...]"

It appears that 1286 DR is the Year of the Rock. I'm currently traduccing the mod in French and I didn't find references to Year of Daystar.

Following the Big World Project mod installation guide, the potion stacking component from BG2 Tweak Pack v9 no longer works with the newest build of Item Revisions. I guess the solution would be to install this one component after IR (which is not mentioned in the guide), but, as suspected, I've already wasted an hour getting mods compatible and biffed and I can't really confirm this.

Following the Big World Project mod installation guide, the potion stacking component from BG2 Tweak Pack v9 no longer works with the newest build of Item Revisions. I guess the solution would be to install this one component after IR (which is not mentioned in the guide), but, as suspected, I've already wasted an hour getting mods compatible and biffed and I can't really confirm this.

?

BG2 Tweak Pack's component searches for all items from the potion category, and changes their stack size to 9999. Item revisions doesn't change that category.

Moreover, I can't find the statement "no longer works" in the latest BWP guide - 10.3.1. BWP does advise against the use of this component, due to an alleged slowdown from large stacks of items (it's probably a bloated save game, with heaps of globals, stores etc.), and instead advocates the use of mix mod's percentage based adjustment. And this adjustment is an increase by 750% at the most.

10th

Archived