Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

Actually I'm using v2 , yet there are following bugs:

- Robe of Good/Evil/Neutral Archmagi: Lower Resistance by 10% affects both party AND spellcaster. This ability also allows a saving throw, which doesnt make sense.

- Belt of Inertial Barrier: Slow ability affects party members, although description says "opponents".

I think shields have inadvertently been flagged unusable by Jesters (bucklers included) instead of Beastmasters. Or is this intentional?

Actually, regarding Beastmaster usability: I had an idea that they should have the same weapon/armour restrictions as Druids, and include small bow for both. Beastmasters really suck ass, basically becuase they have such limited choice of equipment. Would you consider something like this for the official release?

Actually I'm using v2 , yet there are following bugs:
Sorry but I don't support V2 anymore. :(

I think shields have inadvertently been flagged unusable by Jesters (bucklers included) instead of Beastmasters. Or is this intentional?
They should follow bard's usabilities, if they don't then we have probably made a mistake.

Actually, regarding Beastmaster usability: I had an idea that they should have the same weapon/armour restrictions as Druids, and include small bow for both. Beastmasters really suck ass, basically becuase they have such limited choice of equipment. Would you consider something like this for the official release?
Beastmasters should have druid's armor restrictions within V3 (unless we forgot to add this to the patching component when I removed it from the main one). When it comes to weapon restrictions, I do support the idea of having them use druid's weapons plus bows (at least that's how I planned them for KR).

Hello, is there any news about IRv3's official release?
Hopefully it will be out for these holidays.
restrictions as Druids, and include small bow for both. Beastmasters really suck ass, basically becuase they have such limited choice of equipment. Would you consider something like this for the official release?
... I do support the idea of having them use druid's weapons plus bows (at least that's how I planned them for KR).
But the idea was to give the Druids the use of the small (normal) bows too. And to just make sure, do not include the crossbows there in. :)
They should follow bard's usabilities, if they don't then we have probably made a mistake.

Jesters can't use bucklers, whereas bards can. A check with NI shows all shields in fact have Jesters in their "unusable by" list, and beastmasters are curiously spared. So sounds like a mistake, yes.

restrictions as Druids, and include small bow for both. Beastmasters really suck ass, basically becuase they have such limited choice of equipment. Would you consider something like this for the official release?
... I do support the idea of having them use druid's weapons plus bows (at least that's how I planned them for KR).
But the idea was to give the Druids the use of the small (normal) bows too. And to just make sure, do not include the crossbows there in. :)

Jarno's right, in case there's any confusion. Anyway I think I'll bring this up over at Kit Revisions then.

I obviously had no intention to add crossbows in. :) That being said, I was not 100% sure about druids using bows whereas I'm 100% positive about beastmasters using them.

Jesters can't use bucklers, whereas bards can. A check with NI shows all shields in fact have Jesters in their "unusable by" list, and beastmasters are curiously spared. So sounds like a mistake, yes.

Then it will be fixed.
Jesters can use bucklers in IR v3. Do you, by any chance, have Sword Angel kit from Refinements installed? If yes, everything should be working fine, the usability mess remains behind the curtain.

Regarding Beastmasters, should I do something about them and shields?

Updated to Beta 1.6:

- a bunch of fixes, small and not so

- proficiency tweaks are removed from the main component

- the former Multiclass Clerics component now have four options to select from - affect druids or not, allow full or halved amount of stars in non-cleric proficiencies

- combined the current beta with Mike's own work on v3

- Weapon Changes now reads new stats from "item_rev/lib/irv3_weapon_stats.txt" (power users can customize it with ease now)

- when Weapon Changes or Enchantment doesn't Affect Speed Factor components are installed, the "item_rev/debug/weapon_debug.log" file is appended with debugging information about items detected as bugged. Consider posting it's contents - here or perhaps on SHS (here?), - so that discovered bugs may be reported to their authors.

EDIT Silently updated to display the correct version (1.6) instead of 1.5.

Plate mail +1 costs 3k, the same as plate mail +2. I think it roots to plate mail being a +1/2 enchanted item (like fullplate is +1 enchanted).

Long bows - in this updated I've changed their speed factor back to vanilla 7. If you want them to remain 8 in IR, simply change value in the table of weapon stats.

Khazid-Hie - perhaps we should make it and give to Catti-Brie? She wields a generic sword otherwise.

Jesters can use bucklers in IR v3. Do you, by any chance, have Sword Angel kit from Refinements installed? If yes, everything should be working fine, the usability mess remains behind the curtain.

D'oh! Yes I installed Sword Angel, stupid really because I had no intention of using it. As you were then!

Hi,

I saw two descriptions which could be revised I think :

@2030 = ~Staff of Thunder and Lightning +2~

[...]

Lightning Stroke: 10D6 (save vs. staff half) and stun for 1 round (save vs. staff neg.)

Thunder & Lightning: each lightning bolt deals 6D6 electrical damage (save vs. staff half) and deafens for 3 rounds (no save)

Save vs staff ? I never seen this saving throw before... Do you mean save vs wands ?

@2252 = ~A Wand of Lightning causes bolts of electrical energy to be discharged from its tip to strike at specified opponents. The possessor of the wand can discharge six bolts of lightning, and may target up to six different enemies.

[...]

STATISTICS:

Special Abilities (consumes charges):

Three Lightning bolts

So is it 3 or 6 bolts of lightning? ^^

And by the way there is an abilitie that I dont understand :

Wild Magic: any spell cast by the wearer is affected by a wild surge

Could someone explain me the effect of this "wild surge" ? Thanks.

Save vs staff ? I never seen this saving throw before... Do you mean save vs wands ?
They are the same save yes...just like save vs poison and save vs death. Btw, I can easily change it if it's misleading.

So is it 3 or 6 bolts of lightning? ^^
It's 3, I probably nerfed it a tsome point and only fixed the short description. Fixed now thanks.

And by the way there is an abilitie that I dont understand :

Wild Magic: any spell cast by the wearer is affected by a wild surge

Could someone explain me the effect of this "wild surge" ? Thanks.

Wild Surge is a ToB feature which adds a "random" secondary effect to the spell cast. See here at the bottom of the page.

From "description_update.tra" :

// catch ~Damage type: slashing~

@100132 = ~Damage[ %tab%]+[Tt]ype:[ %tab%]+[ss]lashing~

// replace @100132

@100133 = ~Damage type: piercing~

// catch ~Damage type: piercing~

@100134 = ~Damage[ %tab%]+[Tt]ype:[ %tab%]+[Pp]iercing~

// replace @100134

@100135 = ~Damage type: slashing~

Hum... I think you switched the two replacement, didn't you? ^^

// catch ~Damage type: crushing~

@100136 = ~Damage[ %tab%]+[Tt]ype:[ %tab%]+\([Cc]rushing\|[bb]ludgeon\(ing\)?\)~

// replace @100136

@100137 = ~Damage type: crushing and piercing~

Why crushing and piercing ? I don't get it...

// catch ~Proficiency type:~

@100146 = ~Proficiency[ %tab%]+[Tt]ype:.*~

// replace @100146

@100147 = ~Proficiency Type: Katana/Wakizashi~

// replace @100146

@100148 = ~Proficiency Type: Flail~

// replace @100146

@100149 = ~Proficiency Type: Scimitar~

// replace @100146

@100150 = ~Proficiency Type: Mace/Morning Star~

// replace @100146

@100199 = ~Proficiency Type: Short Sword~

In the last hotfix, you changed the proficiencies, so I think the right replacements should be like this :

// catch ~Proficiency type:~

@100146 = ~Proficiency[ %tab%]+[Tt]ype:.*~

// replace @100146

@100147 = ~Proficiency Type: Katana~

// replace @100146

@100148 = ~Proficiency Type: Flail/Morning Star~

// replace @100146

@100149 = ~Proficiency Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To~

// replace @100146

@100150 = ~Proficiency Type: Mace~

// replace @100146

@100199 = ~Proficiency Type: Short Sword~

no ?

Hum... I think you switched the two replacement, didn't you? ^^
Damage type here is being changed from slashing to piercing and vice versa.

Why crushing and piercing ? I don't get it...
Apparently, it's been never explained, hasn't it? For target's AC vs type and damage resistance, this damage type checks for both piercing and crushing stats, then picks the most vulnerable one (separately for AC and res). In gameplay terms this is the best damage type.

In the last hotfix, you changed the proficiencies, so I think the right replacements should be like this :
no ?
No. Proficiencies tweaks were removed from the main component (where they've been "hardcoded" in), while Weapon Changes applies them as it did before.

Archived