Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

Apparently, it's been never explained, hasn't it? For target's AC vs type and damage resistance, this damage type checks for both piercing and crushing stats, then picks the most vulnerable one (separately for AC and res). In gameplay terms this is the best damage type.

So all the lines "Damage type: crushing" or "Damage type: bludgeoning" will be replaced by "Damage type: crushing and piercing" ?? Or it's just the lines of halberds?

Sorry about that, I need to be really accurate as I'm currently doing the french translation and sometimes the aim of the regular expressions is hard to understand. Moreover french descriptions sometimes use differents lines as english would use one... This files is really hard to translate ^^.

Is there any code where I could have a look to understand better the use of each line of regular expresion?

Thx.

So all the lines "Damage type: crushing" or "Damage type: bludgeoning" will be replaced by "Damage type: crushing and piercing" ??
These are for "item_rev/components/weapon_changes.tpa"

It browses through all items, and those detected as a flail or morning star will be updated to new damage type.

Slashing and piercing switches are used for wakizashi and ninja-to.

Sorry about that, I need to be really accurate as I'm currently doing the french translation and sometimes the aim of the regular expressions is hard to understand. Moreover french descriptions sometimes use differents lines as english would use one... This files is really hard to translate ^^.
As expected :) Well, there was a choice - either to leave everything in english and manually code for each new language, or to transfer the coding into TRA. The latter seemed easier in the long run, at least it doesn't involve WeiDU code, only regexp.

Moreover french descriptions sometimes use differents lines as english would use one
You mean, several french lines, compared to one english? That certainly does pose a complication... Which lines exactly?

Is there any code where I could have a look to understand better the use of each line of regular expresion?
100100-100199 are used by the abovementioned Weapon Changes (and iirc few times outside of it), the rest are grouped by their component name. You can find components' code in "item_rev/components" folder, and "item_rev/lib" contains some repeatedly called chunks (INCLUDEd at the beginning of components' file).

You mean, several french lines, compared to one english? That certainly does pose a complication... Which lines exactly?

No, I mean different type of sentences in french which are used in the original dialog.tlk for describes a line which is unique in english. So I have to adapt the regular expression for catch all of them instead of one... but its managable.

for example, the line :

Special: No Missile Weapon Protection

in french I found these equivalents :

Spécial : pas de protection contre les armes à projectiles

Spécial : pas de protection contre les attaques perforantes ou les projectiles missiles

Spécial : aucune protection face aux projectiles

Spécial : Pas de protection contre les projectiles

Spécial : ne protège pas contre les attaques de type Missiles ou Perforantes.

Spécial : pas de protection contre les attaques perforantes ou de missiles

Spécial : aucune protection face aux armes à projectiles

Spécial : aucune protection contre les projectiles/les attaques perçantes

you understand my wories now ^^

These are for "item_rev/components/weapon_changes.tpa"

Ok thanks, I will have a deep look to these files for figure out what the hell is going on!!! ;D

Thanks

In "description_updates.tra" :

// catch

@100339 = ~The blade hums slightly in your hand, the only overt evidence that magic runs through it.~

but, in item_description.tra, we have :

@2176 = ~Long Sword +3~

@2177 = ~These swords are usually referred to as doubled-edged swords, war swords, or military swords. The blade hums slightly in your hand, the only overt evidence that magic runs through it.

So the line will be catch, and will be replace by a masterwork line, but its a +3 weapon, not a +1. Is it normal?

So the line will be catch, and will be replace by a masterwork line, but its a +3 weapon, not a +1. Is it normal?
The Masterwork component doesn't belong to the "global" group and only patches several handpicked +1 ITMs, +3 ones are not affected by it. I think I had put it into description_updates.tra due to regexp present, to keep everything in one place.

Why can't I install the Potion revision part on tutu?
I don't know, probably a misunderstanding on our part. As far as I can tell all GAME_IS checks in "item_rev.tp2" should be changed to ENGINE_IS.

Archived