Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

Hi.

First, I hope my question doesn't bother you.

Actually, I've waited for the official release of IRv3 very long time... almost 1 year!

So... Could you give me some hints when IRv3 will be released? And frankly speaking, I really want to play BGT with IRv3/SRv4/KR, I know finishing works for those still would need huge time though... haha.

Lastly, I appreciate your great works!

First, I hope my question doesn't bother you.

Actually, I've waited for the official release of IRv3 very long time... almost 1 year!

So... Could you give me some hints when IRv3 will be released? And frankly speaking, I really want to play BGT with IRv3/SRv4/KR, I know finishing works for those still would need huge time though... haha.

I'm not bothered at all, I can only apologize about the huge delevopment time my mods usually end up taking. I don't feel comfortable enough to give a release date sorry, I always end up failing my target. :( It's almost finished but we continuosly end up refining it and adding new features (e.g the latest 'ranged sneak attacks' tweak). I'll do my best and I hope sooner than later I'll be able to surprise everyone. ;)

Regarding the other two projects, don't hold your breath for SR V4 or a full KR V1, the former won't likely be around before a couple of months, and the latter is even worse imo. I do hope to release all warrior classes (fighters, paladins and rangers) and maybe rogues too within this summer, in the form of small consecutive mini-releases, but I fear spellcasting classes will take ages (wizards alone are like 10 different classes, and I want them to be true kits, not vanilla's semi-identical classes).

Btw, if you haven't played for a while and you're holding back just for a new version of IR I can assure you the current V3 beta is already worth it. While working on updating the online Item Index for V3 I realized once again how many improvements and refinements have been done, and I'm so proud of the new version that I really cannot think I had the courage to release V2 back then! :D If I cannot convince you to use the current version than for an official V3.1 I can only say the classic "it will be done when it's done", sorry.

Oh, thank you very much for your kind reply to my question!

Ya, exactly, I should play the current IRv3 beta right now. I really love the new component, ranged sneak attacks, because I prefer to play Thieves as my main character.

However, honestly, I hope Thieves to be buffed a little more in the aspect of combat. Even though Mages/Clerics can cast useful spells during the battle and Fighters can truly deal higher damage than Thieves due to their higher APR/THAC0/STR bonus/Weapon proficiency bonus (++dmg), Thieves hardly injure victims enough.

Thieves' main skills for combat are Trap and Backstabbing. Both of these have significant restriction to use during a battle; Trap should be set before the battle and it can't be used after starting the combat. Backstabbing requires to hide himself first so after using it once Thieves must hide again to use backstabbing once more. But, since they can't cast any spells before learning HLA they SHOULD either drink invisibility potion or get out of the combat region. The former is expensive way, and the latter is painstaking work compared with the other classes.

IMO the restrictions for using Trap/Backstabbing ability need to be relaxed... The relief may cause making Multi/duel classes' thieves more powerful though.

I started playing BG1 part now. And I found 2 Night's Embrace.

The one was found from Nimble, and another one could purchase from an merchant located in carnival region.

And Taerom, who is the blacksmith in Beregost, didn't sell not only Dagger of Venom but also Shadow Armor. Furthermore, some mod-added items (RR's additional thieves' items) that can purchase from Taerom are also removed. Are those modified by Store Revision?

Next, imo Masterwork weapons component is very cool and reasonable, but replacing from vanilla's +1 weapons to masterwork weapons causes some balance problems, i.e., there is no +1 spear, halberd, ... in BG1 part. As a result, several weapons are hardly useful and selectable as first weapon. There are many "Immunity to normal weapons" creatures even if you are playing very early part of BG1. How about just adding masterwork weapons and re-allocating both +1 weapons and masterwork weapons to proper location?

Finally, I couldn't find SKULL from any skeletons to restore a CHICKEN to a "man". I don't know which mod causes problem... Does IR modify about it?

I'll keep playing and report if I find something.

Are those modified by Store Revision?
BG1 is not affected by it yet.

Next, imo Masterwork weapons component is very cool and reasonable, but replacing from vanilla's +1 weapons to masterwork weapons causes some balance problems, i.e., there is no +1 spear, halberd, ... in BG1 part.
Right now, SCS' Replace many magic weapons with fine ones component is better that IR's Masterwork, because it also adds several +1 weapons in game.

Updating Masterwork is in IR's to-do list, but it will take some time, because I need to refresh my memories of BG1 (playing BGT atm) as well as do some manual labor.

There are many "Immunity to normal weapons" creatures even if you are playing very early part of BG1.
Unless you play with a lot of old-style mods, there are hardly any at all. Only vampiric wolves and can be found very early, and even then they are pretty scarce. Mustard jellies near exit from Nashkel Mines are completely optional, and by that time you should already have Varscona from Greywolf.

More importantly, what's the point in installing Masterwork weapons, if not to reduce the abundance of magical weapons and make them something more valuable?

Finally, I couldn't find SKULL from any skeletons to restore a CHICKEN to a "man". I don't know which mod causes problem... Does IR modify about it?
We don't. Skeletons with skulls are wandering around Thalanthyr's tower, not other areas.

Neb's Nasty Cutter +2

This is a vicious weapon used by Neb. It is covered with old blood, and its keen blade is coated in a poison that is both quick-acting and extremely deadly. Only the truly evil would stoop to using such an item.

STATISTICS:

Combat Abilities:

Keen: +10% chance to score critical hits

Envenomed: target must save vs. poison or be slowed and suffer 2 hp/2 sec for 2 rounds

THAC0: +2 bonus

Damage: 1D4 + 2

Damage type: piercing

Weight: 1

Speed Factor: 1

Proficiency Type: Dagger

Type: 1-handed

Not Usable By:

Non-evil alignments

Cleric

Beast Master

------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Item Index list, it appears +1 weapon and the keen ability was only +5%. I wonder this change is intended by IR or the other mod modified it...

I believe there is an issue with Foebane+4 (SW1H62.ITM) using EFF file DOPPAM2.EFF (doesn't exist) instead of DOPPDAM2.EFF (created by IR afaik).

Made my game crash every time I tried entering Watcher's keep because the sword is equipped on one of the statues. Crash -might- be related to usage of ToBEX Use EFF File Fix, but it's ToBEx logging enabled that allowed me to find the cause of the crash.

Just found a bug: two versions of Foebane (sw1h62 & sw1h63) reference incorrect effect "DOPPAM2" with #177 opcode - I assume "DOPPDAM2" is really meant here, right?

As a side note, invalid effect reference in #177 causes CTD with tobex (but not without tobex - the original apply() function for #177 has null check, but tobex version does not :) ).

Foebane

Damn ToBEx! :D I'll fix it right away, game crushing bugs must be eradicated asap. I'll be back within half an hour with an updated hotfix.

Btw, you don't need to re-install everything again to fix this issue if you know what to do. You just need to rename the EFF file with the one the sword currently search for (from DOPPDAM2 to DOPPAM2). For the hotfix I'll instead correct the itm file (because DOPPDAM2 is the right standard name), but it works in both ways. ;)

@Shaitan, I'll look into it.

Edit: Hotfixes updated.

@leania, I've updated Neb's dagger. Thanks for pointing it out.

@Shaitan, Long bow and Composite Bow were using the correct bams.

Archived