Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

The files are arranged in the appropriate sub-folders, thus you can simply extract the files in the archive to your main BG folder (after you have extracted the full mod from the website there) - you will know if you've done it correctly if it asks about overwriting some of the older IR files in the item_rev folder. After the hotfixes have been extracted, IR can safely be installed.

I am not sure if I am reading this correctly. (English is not my primary language). But I think you are advising simply decompressing the archive in c:\Games\Tutu (for instance, if that's where the game is installed).

But it doesn't replace anything if I do that because the archive is apparently supposed to be extracted to c:\games\tutu\item_rev for the overwrites to take place. Or did I screw it up? =/

Oil of Fiery Burning doesn't give any buff icon to character status bar.

It is not serious problem at all, but I should check the duration myself! :D

And, Potion of Firebreath has 0 range though I don't know whether it is intended or not. Additionally, I hope you to check the potion's damage. Even though I have used this potion so much, I never saw such painful damage (6D10!?). As far as I saw, the damage was always below 25... Mmm.

Cloak of the Wolf

The Werewolf form suddenly canceled even though the enemies never use dispell to me. Furthermore, even if I already changed to human form due to the bug (maybe), the form change to the human form still remained in special abilities.

I was fighting against enemies shapeshifting to the Werewolfform with drinking Potion of enrage (I don't remember correct name though).

Could you check this problem?

Cloak of the Wolf

The werewolf form only lasts 2 turns.

No clue about innate not removed.

Looking into this reminded me of an old bug I've had with it : when using Shapeshift to Natural Form (SPWI491.SPL) instead of waiting for expiration the paws are removed and reapplied. I - think - this is due to BG2 Fixpack modification of that spell, it has both Remove Item (opcode 112) and Create Item (opcode 111) effects for the same item (magical wolf paws) after Fixpack is applied.

Tested after removing this effect from the spell and paws are correctly removed. Still I'm not sure of all the ramifications of this shapeshift issue, the item removed by SPWI491 is not the same created by cloak ability :rolleyes:

Ring of Free Action

In vanilla files I can find 6 different rings of free action (8 in my megamodded install), only 4 of those have a regular description, with somewhat small differences (in description and effects). Afaik IR only modifies the RING09 version (which might be the only obtainable one in vanilla BG2 ToB), is this the one you are talking about?

Potions

Oil of Fiery Burning doesn't give any buff icon to character status bar.
I had no appropriate portrait icon to assign, and adding a new one isn't an option sorry. :(

And, Potion of Firebreath has 0 range though I don't know whether it is intended or not. Additionally, I hope you to check the potion's damage. Even though I have used this potion so much, I never saw such painful damage (6D10!?). As far as I saw, the damage was always below 25... Mmm.
I'll look into it. I actually left it as per vanilla, even though I do have doubts regarding its dmg output. Are you using it? Do you think it's too much effective?

Ring of Free Action

Cernd can't shapeshift anymore while wearing the ring of free action. I don't know if it is caused by IR or not.
I really cannot imagine how the two things can be related. Mmm... Have you other mods affecting the ring and/or Shapeshifter's innate ability?

Cloak of the Wolf

I'll look into it this evening, afaik it seemed fine the last time I tested it.

Runehammer

Another EFF file issue with Runehammer +3 (HAMM10), ELEMDAM4.EFF isn't added by IR.
Sadness. :( I'll fix it asap and update the hotfixes again.

Ring of Free Action

Cernd can't shapeshift anymore while wearing the ring of free action. I don't know if it is caused by IR or not.
I really cannot imagine how the two things can be related. Mmm... Have you other mods affecting the ring and/or Shapeshifter's innate ability?

No, nothing else. If that issue occures only on my install, then it's not important, maybe somebody else could try and check?

Ring of Antivenom > Larloch's soul stealer

Funny stuff there, the ring46 item is equipped on Vongoethe the lich in Amkethran (AMLICH01), but is first script block makes him turn hostile if his hp percent in less than 100%, which happens all the time with hp bonus from the modded ring! Whether or not you choose to work for him when the dialog ends he turns hostile.

I suggest moving the ring to inventory if that's in IR's scope :)

Ring of Anti-venom > Larloch's soul stealer

Funny stuff there, the ring46 item is equipped on Vongoethe the lich in Amkethran (AMLICH01), but is first script block makes him turn hostile if his hp percent in less than 100%, which happens all the time with hp bonus from the modded ring! Whether or not you choose to work for him when the dialog ends he turns hostile.

I suggest moving the ring to inventory if that's in IR's scope :)

Wow, this is rotten luck indeed! Not sure if it's better to move the item to inventory or alter it so that Vangoethe can take advantage of it. I prefer the latter, and I have few ideas in mind. Too bad since a week ago I barely go home to sleep, else I would gladly spend some real modding time to work on this (and pack up IR V3.1 too). :(

Archived