Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

Bands of Focus

I'm away from the item's description, but iirc the lore doesn't imply barbarians should be able to wear it.

I agree that blocking exploits should not become the mod's ultimate goal, but if there is a conceptual reason to block them, I say go for it.

I second it. When I designed Bands of Focus and picked its lore/background I clearly had in mind a Kensai-only item. Monks are fine too (the two classes have many similarities - though BG's Monk hardcoded AC behaviour doesn't work as it should, ruining the use of all bracers of armor), and I added true-fighters too only at players request (because keeping it kensai-only seemed like "removing the item from the game").

That said, barbarians shouldn't really be using tower shields either.
Indeed, KR's Barbarians will not be able to wield any tower shield, as per PnP. KR's Barbarian is even more DEX-oriented than the standard PnP one (as I follow the official alternative variant), making this restriction a no-brainer imo.

Hotfixes updated.

Let me know if the new Shapeshift to Natural Form ability works fine (I was in a hurry but it should be ok), if it does I'll standardize it and extend its use to all SR spells too.

I really couldn't reproduce the bug with Ring of Free Action preventing Cern from shapeshifting. The files would suggest it cannot be caused by IR, but if anyone can reproduce it or track it down let me know.

The description of Boots of Speed shows +4 movements bonus instead of +5 in game.

Human Flash still have +5 enchantment instead of +4.

Staff mace's animation looks like mace rather than staff, and its damage dice was 2D4 instead of 2D3 which is the mace's standard in IRv3.

Additionally, Staff spear's animation is also same to Spear and its range was 2 instead of 3.

And, I don't know whether it is intended or not, the shapeshift form of Clock of Wolf was still retransformed to human form automatically (when several time passed) and the icon for shapeshifting to human form also remained in Special Abilities.

Same problem occured at Clock of Sewers. The shapeshifting to human form was even stacked (i.e., when I first shapeshift to rat form and second shapeshift to jelly form, the shapeshifting to human form can click 2 times). Furthermore, the forms keep even if the clock is taken off after shapeshifting. I didn't test whether both shapeshift forms can be dispeled or not.

But anyway the problem in vanilla that the 'paw' which equipped into main-hand was successfully removed whenever the shapeshift form is eliminated (though I didn't test the case when the form is dispeled by spell yet).

The description of Boots of Speed shows +4 movements bonus instead of +5 in game.

Very strange, I just checked and both items seems fine. Mmm...

Oh, really?... I didn't install any item modification mod at all except IRv3+recent hotfixes... :(

Well, in detail, I checked the item description through shadow keeper and the descriptions show as I mentioned.

Very strange, I just checked and both items seems fine. Mmm...

Oh, really?... I didn't install any item modification mod at all except IRv3+recent hotfixes... :(

Well, in detail, I checked the item description through shadow keeper and the descriptions show as I mentioned.

Ok, found the issue, it's a typo. I don't know why but my install is fine while hotfixe's .tra file has a wrong description. :( The items are fine though. Anyway, will fix asap. Sniff

Does Katana have 2 attack range? I used Celestial Fury +3 and this seems having 2 range instead of 1. Could you check this?

In addition, this katana's special abilities seem not to work well.

First, the Batto ability's icon was Celestial Fury itself and the name was not "Batto" (was Lightning Bolt). And I wonder whether the effects work correctly or not because no opponents became blinded at all (I tried to use this ability to Gnolls 10times but they all always followed me).

Second, the Lightning Bolt ability's name in Use Item was Lightning Strike.

And there were 2 Lawgiver +2 in BG1. The one can be found at a house in Ulgoth's Beard, and the second one can be obtained from Aldeth Sashenstar who is located in Cloakwood 1 area.

2 Ring of Folly in BG1. The one was found at South of Candlekeep (AR3100) from mad arcand. The another one was found at Elfsong inn from Brevlik in Baldur's gate.

Cheers

Animation conflict with IR Ioun Stones and SCSII Avenger Fire Salamander's Fire Shield:

The 'salamander shapeshift token' (dw#shsal) from SCSII has a constant on-equip fire shield animation. If an ioun stone (e.g. stone of good luck) is currently equipped when the shapeshift token is equipped, then the fire shield animation will not terminate when the token is unequipped. Instead the ioun stone animation terminates. The fire shield stays until the ioun stone is unequipped.

how to replicate:

1) install item revisions and SCSII (improved shapeshifting)

2) make an avenger druid for a TOB game. stone of good luck will be equipped.

3) cast shapeshift fire salamander. a shapeshift token is added to inventory.

4) equip the token. the fire shield animation is added to the ioun stone animation. BOTH animations play.

5) now unequip the token.

what happens: the IOUN STONE animation terminates but the fire shield does not!

what should happen: the fire shield should shut off and the ioun stone should stay.

Celestial Fury

Does Katana have 2 attack range? I used Celestial Fury +3 and this seems having 2 range instead of 1. Could you check this?
Just checked, it's 1.

In addition, this katana's special abilities seem not to work well.

First, the Batto ability's icon was Celestial Fury itself and the name was not "Batto" (was Lightning Bolt). And I wonder whether the effects work correctly or not because no opponents became blinded at all (I tried to use this ability to Gnolls 10times but they all always followed me).

Second, the Lightning Bolt ability's name in Use Item was Lightning Strike.

It seems like the tooltip patching did something wrong, but looking at it I don't see anything wrong:

LAF tooltips INT_VAR
$tip(1)=RESOLVE_STR_REF (@2137)
$tip(2)=RESOLVE_STR_REF (@4068)
$tip(2)=RESOLVE_STR_REF (@4069)
STR_VAR item=sw1h51 END

@4068 = ~Batto~
@4069 = ~Lightning Bolt~

Regarding Batto's blindness, are you trying it on summoned gnolls or in-game gnolls? Did it displayed any animation on targets or text lines about opponents making their saves?

Ioun Stone Animation with SCSII Fire Salamander shapeshift tweak

Animation conflict with IR Ioun Stones and SCSII Avenger Fire Salamander's Fire Shield:

The 'salamander shapeshift token' (dw#shsal) from SCSII has a constant on-equip fire shield animation. If an ioun stone (e.g. stone of good luck) is currently equipped when the shapeshift token is equipped, then the fire shield animation will not terminate when the token is unequipped. Instead the ioun stone animation terminates. The fire shield stays until the ioun stone is unequipped.

Wtf?!? This is really weird! Anyway, I don't know what I could do on this matter. Sounds like something strange happening when multiple "permanent while equipped" animations are played. An easy solution would bedisabling salamander's animation (it's not necessary imo), as afaik I really cannot do nothing on my side.
LAF tooltips INT_VAR

$tip(1)=RESOLVE_STR_REF (@2137)

$tip(2)=RESOLVE_STR_REF (@4068)

$tip(2)=RESOLVE_STR_REF (@4069)

STR_VAR item=sw1h51 END

Sadness, it is two tip_2 variables, instead of tip_2 and tip_3.

Celestial Fury

Regarding Batto's blindness, are you trying it on summoned gnolls or in-game gnolls? Did it displayed any animation on targets or text lines about opponents making their saves?

I used the ability to in-game gnolls that can meet at BG1, and I saw the text lines indicating their saving throws. But they always tracked my characters even though they seem blinded successfully. I guess this problem may be caused by SCS/SCSII's changes of AI behaviors.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related to IR, but I don't seem to get any XP when the Mace of Disruption's effect kills an undead creature. It happened first with the lich trapped in the Facet Gem in the Underdark, and now again with Deirex in Ust Natha. When he was hit by the Mace, the console only showed attack roll hit, Deirex takes 3 damage... Then his sprite falls to the ground but no "Deirex - Death" notice and no XP gain.

Changelog to BLUN12.itm shows only BG2 Fixpack, then IR, then SCSII (initialise).

Also, there seems to be a slight compatibility issue with aTweaks, see here http://www.shsforums...-compatibility/

Cheers,

Fred

EDIT : this also screws up Jarlaxle's quest, since the global variable that tracks the lich's death does not get set, and thus the party does not get teleported back to Jarlaxle after acquiring the gems.

EDIT 2 : ok, this seems to be caused by ToBEx's "Use EFF file Fix". If disabled, the mace works as intended.

From A64's post : "Use EFF File (177) didn't properly store values of the child effect if data was saved via the effect opcode in the child effect itself (e.g. if the effect opcode procedure actually modifies param1, param2, or stores data in param3 or param4 for later use). This is fixed in TobEx beta 0024 by storing certain information from the child opcode into the Use EFF File opcode unused structure members. However, it may break other opcodes that have compensated for this somehow."

Archived