Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

But if I cast Simulacrum, the level of the simulacre remain the same even if Edwina is naked.
I believe the caster level bonus only works on spells that have level-dependent headers. Things like Dispel Magic and Simulacrum are handled by the engine on a lower level, and are therefore unaffected.

Maybe bonus to caster level does'nt stack ? If yes it's not very exiting.
They don't. I'm inclined to think this is good for balance, despite the obvious disappointment.
They don't. I'm inclined to think this is good for balance, despite the obvious disappointment.

This should be mentionned in the IESDP, since CASTINGLEVELBONUS#### is fixed by TobEx. Nowhere is it made mention that they don't stack :/

Imo I don't think stacking can break balance. Potion of power is rare and expensive and you find Golden Ioun Stone only In TOB.

After level20, +8 to caster level can only make simulacrum a little bit powerfull but nothing breaking balance.

Yes Dispel and remove magic become also more powerfull but most of SCS mages use immunity to abjuration.

Mielikki's Gift +3

Granting a permanent Barkskin (including icon, which should probably be removed) which is stackable with the druid spell with the same name. Was that the intention?

Strange, I just looked the file and the immunity to the actual spell while wearing the armor is there... Did you cast the spell before wearing the armor?

On a side note, the armor's name should have been Skin of the Forest +3. Fixed now. :)

Yo yo,

Periapt of life protection do not protect from monk death attack (quivering palm spell)

horned helm of the rock provides +2 AC. (+1 in description)

Cloak of bravery and Larloch soul stealer : hitpoints are not cumulative. (surely the same op code)

wand of polymorphing : range is low.

Gram the sword of Grief : personally I would prefer additional acid damage instead of poison. protection from poison is so standard in ToB.

Axe of the unyielding +4 : If I equip this weapons, I loose 10hp.

But I think bonus to hit point is really not good for weapons coz if you switch to another weapons in a fight I suppose you are going to loose the additionals hiitpoins.

Finish ToB again and it was really very interessing, balanced and fun with IR ;)

Cloak of bravery and Larloch soul stealer : This looks like you have TobEx "Disable Duplicate Effect Stacking" enabled.

Axe of the unyielding +4 : Remnant of using a combo of Maximum HP Bonus +10 (param2=1) and Current HP Bonus -10 to avoid healing abuse when equipping it?

Periapt of Life Protection

Periapt of life protection do not protect from monk death attack (quivering palm spell)
?!? Quivering Palm should use the Slay opcode, and the periapt has immunity against it. Do you have any mod altering this Monk's ability?

Horned Helm of the Rock

horned helm of the rock provides +2 AC. (+1 in description)
I thought I fixed it within one of the previous hotfixes...strange.

Cloak of bravery & Larloch soul stealer

hitpoints are not cumulative. (surely the same op code)
This looks like you have TobEx "Disable Duplicate Effect Stacking" enabled.
Which other effects cannot stack with such component? Blindness and such? In this case I'm not sure I understand why the increased HP bonus should not stack...was it done for Vampiric Touch?

Gram the sword of Grief

personally I would prefer additional acid damage instead of poison. protection from poison is so standard in ToB.
I'll think about it.

Axe of the unyielding +4

If I equip this weapons, I loose 10hp.
Remnant of using a combo of Maximum HP Bonus +10 (param2=1) and Current HP Bonus -10 to avoid healing abuse when equipping it?
Yes. Sorry...

But I think bonus to hit point is really not good for weapons coz if you switch to another weapons in a fight I suppose you are going to loose the additionals hiitpoins.
Well, the same happens if you unequip a weapon granting +x to saves, what's the difference?

General Feedback

Finish ToB again and it was really very interessing, balanced and fun with IR ;)
Thanks! Even in its current "beta" stage IR V3 is hugely better than IR V2 isn't it? :)

Cloak of bravery & Larloch soul stealer

hitpoints are not cumulative. (surely the same op code)
This looks like you have TobEx "Disable Duplicate Effect Stacking" enabled.
Which other effects cannot stack with such component? Blindness and such? In this case I'm not sure I understand why the increased HP bonus should not stack...was it done for Vampiric Touch?

Not sure what is the purpose of this TobEx component, here's what it says in modder reference doc :

Effect Stacking Behaviour

TobEx allows modmakers to modify the way that effect opcodes stack. This hack is currently in beta and has a number of problems. Please do not use it.

The little testing I have done with this is that it disables effects when they are exactly similar in param/timing/etc... only retaining one of them. In this case both items grant 10hp with same timing/parameters.

EDIT : I'm just assuming that this is what is causing the issue, as I couldn't see what else could be the cause when looking at the items.

Sorry, forget to say that I played with V3 Beta 1.1 so surely many of my bugs have been already fixed since a long time.

Effect Stacking Behaviour

EDIT : I'm just assuming that this is what is causing the issue, as I couldn't see what else could be the cause when looking at the item

Yes it is. I have set Repeating Effect Fix=0 and it's ok now. thanks

Well, the same happens if you unequip a weapon granting +x to saves, what's the difference?

Yes in fact it's ok. Just; If you switch to ranged weapons with full hp, you loose 10hp but I think it's not a big deal.

Thanks! Even in its current "beta" stage IR V3 is hugely better than IR V2 isn't it?

Sure, I feel a big difference and IRv3 is surely not far from perfection. ;) And besides balance I find your choice of bams /graphics animation for items really nice. I understand why the last release of 1pp can "bother" you a little bit. ^^

Some bugs I encountered recently:

Equalizer +4

Though intended to be unusable by extreme alignments (LG, CG, LE, CE), it is flagged as NOT usable by any lawful or chaotic characters. Actually, to fully describe the alignment restriction, we need 3x3=9 bits. Sadly the engine only gives us 6 bits. I'd suggest either: 1) remove the alignment restriction (I did this for my play :p) or 2) make it transformable (like the Rod of Lordly Might) to adapt less neutral characters (and the weapon power may vary a little over different states)

RR's composite shot bows +1/+2/+3

They are cheaper than non-composite ones with store revision!

Dragon Tooth Dagger

The throwable version is usable by kensai.

RR's composite shot bows +1/+2/+3

They are cheaper than non-composite ones with store revision!
You mean to say, without that component a CSB +1 costs more than a SB +1, and with it - less?

Store Revisions considers composite bows to be superior to normal ones, so you will usually see in one store a SB +2 and only CSB +1, in which case the former is indeed more expensive. Could that be the case?

Archived