Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

RR's composite shot bows +1/+2/+3

They are cheaper than non-composite ones with store revision!
You mean to say, without that component a CSB +1 costs more than a SB +1, and with it - less?

Store Revisions considers composite bows to be superior to normal ones, so you will usually see in one store a SB +2 and only CSB +1, in which case the former is indeed more expensive. Could that be the case?

No, I mean SB +1 is cheaper than CSB +1, etc. Store revision doesn't touch the price of CSB at all. Since in the TP2 RR's CSB was given special attention to guarantee compatibility, could IR also tweak their price to make the system more consistent?

Throwable dagger/axe/hammer and kensai/calvary

The kit description says kensai and calvary cannot use missle weapons. Imo missle weapons should cover both launcher+projectile type (bow/xbow/sling) and throwable type (dagger/axe/hammer/dart). Vannila game prevent such kits from using darts, which makes it sensible to forbid all throwable weapons. What do you think?

Equalizer +4

Though intended to be unusable by extreme alignments (LG, CG, LE, CE), it is flagged as NOT usable by any lawful or chaotic characters. Actually, to fully describe the alignment restriction, we need 3x3=9 bits. Sadly the engine only gives us 6 bits. I'd suggest either: 1) remove the alignment restriction (I did this for my play :p) or 2) make it transformable (like the Rod of Lordly Might) to adapt less neutral characters (and the weapon power may vary a little over different states)
Meh, I think I'll remove the strict alignment restriction...too many players disliked it anyway. :(

Throwable dagger/axe/hammer and Kensai/Cavalier

The kit description says kensai and calvary cannot use missle weapons. Imo missle weapons should cover both launcher+projectile type (bow/xbow/sling) and throwable type (dagger/axe/hammer/dart). Vannila game prevent such kits from using darts, which makes it sensible to forbid all throwable weapons. What do you think?
This is indeed a matter I wanted to discuss within KR. :) There I was planning to differentiate between "missile weapons" and "thrown weapons". For example, I really cannot immagine a Berserker or an enraged Barbarian using a bow (using it requires skill, concentration and precision), but I don't see nothing wrong in them throwing at the enemy an axe or even a spear while charging.

In theory the limitations should be something like:

- Barbarians can use launchers, but not while enraged (this is not a big deal with vanilla's Barbarian Rage, it will be for KR's one).

- Berserker cannot use launchers (bows, xbows and slings)

- Kensai and Cavaliers cannot use any ranged weapons

That being said, applying the tweak you're asking for isn't as easy as it might seem. Throwing weapons generally have both a melee and a ranged header, thus we would have to make two separate itm files for each and every throwing weapon (I already did that for many of them, though for a different reason), but we would also have to remove the possibility of using a throwable weapon in melee without the tedius "create the melee itm version" action ("vannila game prevented such kits from using darts" only because darts don't have a melee header).

Long story short, conceptually I agree, but I'm not 100% convinced of its implementation. At least I think the current situation isn't terrible considering ranged weapons are still going to be a very sub-optimal choices for both the Kensai (the class's dmg bonus should only apply to melee hits) and the Cavalier (for KR's Cavalier in particualr).

Throwable dagger/axe/hammer and Kensai/Cavalier

In theory the limitations should be something like:

- Barbarians can use launchers, but not while enraged (this is not a big deal with vanilla's Barbarian Rage, it will be for KR's one).

- Berserker cannot use launchers (bows, xbows and slings)

- Kensai and Cavaliers cannot use any ranged weapons

Agree.

Some more glitches related to Store Revision:

1) Buying mark up of Joluv's store is not properly modded to 25

2) IR increased capacity of some containers without any documentation, this causes compatibility issue with BG2Tweak and aTweak since they have similar components.

3)

Dealing with Ikert in the Docks gives me a shopwindow with Sio'Chaire's name on it. Was that due to Unique Containers Ardanis?

I can confirm that this is due to Unique Containers. UC names dshop01 (dock shop 01, quite a intuituve name) as "Ikert's Wares" and bshop02 as "Sio'chaire's Shop". The shop entries are tied to DLGs. IR switched the location of CREs and reassigned their DLG. Therefore now elf in dock will talk about dock district and show you dshop01.

IMO it's strange to put such effort in swapping them. Besides, I would hardly believe an unprotectd elven girl selling a rare, valuable elven chain near the headquater of shadow thief, without a proper shop establishment. Not to mention that the Flame Tongue she's selling is beyond her lore to identify. I know that there was a big discussoin on relocation of Flame Tongue.

Personllay I'd suggest putting it in level 1 of asylum dungeon. We can remove the spear +3 and add FT to the room where Bag of Holding is placed (there is a clay golem guarding it). If this makes the asylum dungeon too easy, we may put it in the golem room, level 3 of asylum dungeon, where Gesen Bow String can be found.

As for the elven chain, I'd suggest giving to the noble merchant in Trademeet so good alignment players can obtain one without killing Lord Skarmaen Alibakkar.

Some more glitches related to Store Revision:

1) Buying mark up of Joluv's store is not properly modded to 25

2) IR increased capacity of some containers without any documentation, this causes compatibility issue with BG2Tweak and aTweak since they have similar components.

3)

1) Half-intentional, since Joluv has been left alone in the end and doesn't truly belong there.

2) Should already be fixed locally.

3) Known thing, will be dealt with in the next update to this component. This is a piece of earlier design, which I had later reconsidered. I had forgotten to revert this swap, despite mentioning it in the change log.

Sorry, I think it's impossible to Install IR with the latest hotifx.
?!? I'll check it asap...
I just tried it and it installed fine (Main Component, haven't tried everything). Are you having problem with a particular component or a particular option of such component?

Oh great Demivrgvs, I have returned (from missions abroad)! :D :D

Man, I've had a 6-month long hiatus from G3 and SHS, it was murder... I've slowly brought myself up to speed and it's only now I feel ready for my absolute favourite pastime - pestering IR/SR/KR development! :p I hope all is well with you, and that the engineering world is treating you alright? Also, I've seen your name around BG:EE fora, does this mean insta-awesome compatibility between BG:EE and xR? ;)

Down to business!

I've been playing the BG1-part of BGT recently (it's awesome), and I've got a few questions. Do note the build is semi-old, so I'm not sure if any hotfixes are applied - although I've tired to cross-reference against the list of hotfixes before I report (I had wrong HP on Robe of the Battlemage f.e.). This is on V3 Beta 1.1:

1) Xan's moonblade

Description says "Small sword" (BG1 term) instead of Long sword. Also, he can't backstab with it although he should be able to?

2) Wand of Monster Summoning and Wand of Frost

None of them are usable by a Swashbuckler (Imoen via L1NPC) although description says "usable by Thief". Problem with kits?

UPDATE: It seems usability is set to be unusable by Thief despite description. This is true for: WAND02, WAND04, WAND05, WAND06, WAND07, WAND09 (which also excludes Druids against description), WAND10, WAND13 and WAND18.

On a related note: WAND14 and WAND15 have no usability in description and WAND16 seems to be a potioncopy of WAND17.

EDIT: Problem is actually in description - it should not say "usable by Thief" without the corresponding component of IR installed.

3) Poisoned arrows

Wielded by Kobolds. I don't recall these at all! I know BG1 is not your forte, but do you know if they're vanilla or mod? They look exactly like normal arrows (annoying like hell in the inventory) so if they're vanilla, do you possibly have a spare bam lying around? If they're mod added I suppose - as I'm on a fairly minimalist setup - it's SCS Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v20. And then it's DavidW I'd harass for a bam? :)

UPDATE: Ah ok it's DW#KOB02 so they're indeed from SCS. Still, you wouldn't have a spare bam? ;)

4) HELM13

This random helmet has a spurious unusability by Druids and F/D.

5) (Cursed) Ring of Holiness

In this area you can pick up a ring in the shipwreck, RING23. It looks nothing like a Ring of Holiness, but when identified it has the exact same description. However it does not grant any benefits and is cursed. Surely this ring should be identified like all other cursed items?

EDIT: Resolved by prior hotfix

6) Ring of Holiness

Usable by F/D, which it shouldn't be.

EDIT: Resolved by prior hotfix

7) Wand of Lightning

Description erranenously states "may target up to six different enemies" when it's actually three (correctly stated in the "Special Abilites" a few lines down).

8) Wand of Frost

Ok this is weird, it only ever does 2 (+2 if save failed) damage against PC's (i.e. your own). It seems to do full damage against unfriendlies however.

9) Cursed Sword of Berserking

Exactly how is this supposed to work? I gave it to Minsc and he never rages out of combat (which seems correct per description, but possibly conceptually wrong seeing how Captain Brage slaughtered everyone), but also very rarely in combat. Even when he rages in combat, he'd snap out of it every so often and become controllable in the middle of the fight. Is this intended?

It feels good to be back! Cheers!

//D

Oh great Demivrgvs, I have returned (from missions abroad)! :D :D

Man, I've had a 6-month long hiatus from G3 and SHS, it was murder... I've slowly brought myself up to speed and it's only now I feel ready for my absolute favourite pastime - pestering IR/SR/KR development! :p

Welcome back, and perfect timing! BGEE and 1ppv4 had once again delayed my releases (I'm good at delaying them by myself, but those two things made my life even worse), but now both IR v3.1 and KR's beta are right behind the corner, and I think the end result will be worth the wait. ;)

Btw, I'm writing an absurdly huge update on KR's Fighters, and I hope to see you there to decide the last few things. :)

I hope all is well with you, and that the engineering world is treating you alright?
Yeah, being an engineer is not that bad as I thought. At least I'm almost always where I belong, near a PC. :D

Also, I've seen your name around BG:EE fora, does this mean insta-awesome compatibility between BG:EE and xR? ;)
That's the plan indeed. :)

I've been playing the BG1-part of BGT recently (it's awesome), and I've got a few questions. Do note the build is semi-old, so I'm not sure if any hotfixes are applied - although I've tired to cross-reference against the list of hotfixes before I report (I had wrong HP on Robe of the Battlemage f.e.). This is on V3 Beta 1.1...
I'm not at home right now, but I'll look into all your reported issues as soon as I get back tonight, and let you know.

None of them are usable by a Swashbuckler (Imoen via L1NPC) although description says "usable by Thief". Problem with kits?

UPDATE: It seems usability is set to be unusable by Thief despite description. This is true for: WAND02, WAND04, WAND05, WAND06,WAND07, WAND09 (which also excludes Druids against description), WAND10, WAND13 and WAND18.

Did you install Thieves Can Use Wands component? All thieves/wands stuff has been moved there from the main component, so the thief usability in description is main's bug.

6) Ring of Holiness

Should have been fixed in one of recent hotfixes.

UPDATE: It seems usability is set to be unusable by Thief despite description. This is true for: WAND02, WAND04, WAND05, WAND06,WAND07, WAND09 (which also excludes Druids against description), WAND10, WAND13 and WAND18.

Did you install Thieves Can Use Wands component? All thieves/wands stuff has been moved there from the main component, so the thief usability in description is main's bug.

6) Ring of Holiness

Should have been fixed in one of recent hotfixes.

Re: 2) No I don't think I did - and that would make much more sense than all those wands being wrong :D All separate components would be listed as such in the log right? It was a quick and dirty install, so it seems I've skipped quite a few of the "normal" (at least, for me) components...

Re: 6)

Right-oh. I couldn't find mention of it in the hotfix.. err strike that. I actually searched for "holyness" instead of "holiness" and missed it. Mea culpa.

Re: 5)

My amusing (lack of) spelling skills probably also accounts for this, I take it that what I'm referring to is: "Ring of Folly: it was using Ring of Holiness' name and description".

---

Also, it's good to see you've kept up the hard work Ardanis :) You guys are a brilliant team.

How is your BG1 play through going?

UPDATE:

Regarding point 1), Xans moonblade.

This is really a can of worms. Xan is a singleclass mage (albeit an Enchanter) with no access to Long Sword proficiency; therefore Bioware put his (giant, flaming, 1d8 damage) Moonblade in the Short sword category, which I believe Mages can pick. They can however only use daggers, not short swords. Tutu then classified his giant sword as a dagger, so that he could be proficient with it.

In BGT the situation seems to be a bit bugged (see my report), with the description "Short sword" and the fact the can't backstab with it. No matter if it's a dagger, short sword or long sword it should be usable for backstabbing, right? This last issue of course only interesting if you make Xan part Thief with L1NPC.

Anyway, how should the inconsistencies be resolved? I know I do it by making Xan either a F/M or F/M/T - either which will allow him to use Long swords (which might be the wrong proficiency for wielding his Moonblade, as it turns out...).

See also on the Baldursgate.com forum: this

---

For reference, this is the BG1 stats for the Moonblade:

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D8
Damage type: slashing
Bonus to hit: 3
Bonus to damage: 3
Special:
+1 bonus to Armor Class
+50% Fire Resistance
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 5
Proficiency Type: Small Sword
Type: 1-handed
Not Usable By:
Everyone but Xan

Xan's Moonblade should:

• Be a long sword (that's what it's supposed to be)
  • Be usable by Xan (obviously, but this is possible no matter what item type and proficiency are assigned to it)
  • Grant proficiency in Long Swords (so he can wield it without penalty regardless of what class he is)

Not a big deal.

Archived