Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

It's a not a big deal if that's currently what the sword does and how it works. The entire point of my post is that it seems it doesn't and it's not how it works. :p

The suggestions look fine, cheers Mike. Although for clarity I'd phrase it "Only usable by Xan".

A few things which may or may not be a problem from this mod:

The shield amulet in Nalias keep doesn't seem to add to the Ac of the character who equips it

The werewolf on the shade lords quest drops two cloaks, one when she transforms in her cave and one when she dies later

Albruin says +2 but I think it is just +1?

It might just be me but buying sling bullets seems more difficult now, maybe add some to other vendors?

The Dwarven Armourer / Fletcher on the Promenade doesn't seem to have arrows which is odd for a fletcher? Might be a problem with the description and not the vendor

Thanks for all the hard work you have put in, it's a really good mod I've been it using for years

The werewolf on the shade lords quest drops two cloaks, one when she transforms in her cave and one when she dies later
Hotfixed.

It might just be me but buying sling bullets seems more difficult now, maybe add some to other vendors?
Agreed.

The Dwarven Armourer / Fletcher on the Promenade doesn't seem to have arrows which is odd for a fletcher? Might be a problem with the description and not the vendor
There are two people in there - dwarf Arnolinus and fat human Pert.

Welcome at G3 James! :)

Ardanis got here first, but a few things are still left unsolved...though it's clear you don't have hotfixes installed, which means many problems you may have (or will) encounter have already been fixed. Do you need help installing the hotfixes?

The shield amulet in Nalias keep doesn't seem to add to the Ac of the character who equips it
I just checked and it's fine. I really don't remember ever fixing it though, and it's not listed in the hotfixes. Mmm...

Albruin says +2 but I think it is just +1?
I seem to recall this was an old typo we fixed some time ago...

Thanks for all the hard work you have put in, it's a really good mod I've been it using for years
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Ardanis got here first, but a few things are still left unsolved...though it's clear you don't have hotfixes installed, which means many problems you may have (or will) encounter have already been fixed. Do you need help installing the hotfixes?

Sorry to be off topic but it's just so great to see this kind of humility and politeness from a hard working modder. Cheers!

Sorry to be off topic but it's just so great to see this kind of humility and politeness from a hard working modder. Cheers!

Agreed,

I have the hotfixes but I have realised they're from 6 months ago so apologies, and thanks for the offer

Such an updated deserved more than just an hotfix, but soon that will change. I'm back again after been away for more than a week from home, hopefully this time I can truly finish the last things for this damn official release of IR V3 (1PPv4 gave me a headache). :(

Anyway, the Beta has been updated to 1.14, with very few minor fixes but the really cool thing is that now IR is fully translated into French (thanks to Syntax), and Russian!

@Ardanis, for the upcoming release I'd like to credit the russian translator(s), have you any idea who was behind it? Graoumf doesn't remember. :D

P.S The new beta also includes a Spanish folder including a translation made by Ancalagon el Negro. Unfortunately it's not up to date, and because of a few missing string references it fails to install (thus I disabled the install option). Is the author still around? If not, is there anyone willing to update it to be fully usable? I think 99% of the work is done, so it would just require a bit of work for someone who knows the language. :(

So do you mean that when IR v3 is finally out of beta we'll be able to use 1PPv4 in conjunction and not have conflicts?
Well, in theory as long as you install 1PPv4 before IR even in the current status the conflict should be minimal, but what I'm trying to achieve is indeed to make sure there's no conflict at all. The hard part is that 1PPv4 is still a beta, with quite a few issues, a bunch of completely different possible installs (e.g. shields can be be either BG1-like or BG2-like; whereas IR opts for mixing the use of both animations), and still in progress for BGEE.

What I'm doing right now is to pick from 1PPv4 only those things I truly need (e.g. the new BG1 and BG2 large shields), skip those I'm unsure of, and trying to make sure IR's tweaks always take place over 1PP so that nothing looks wrong when installing the two mods together.

What I'm doing right now is to pick from 1PPv4 only those things I truly need (e.g. the new BG1 and BG2 large shields), skip those I'm unsure of, and trying to make sure IR's tweaks always take place over 1PP so that nothing looks wrong when installing the two mods together.

And that's exactly the course of action that I'd recommend.

Hopefully you'll have some free modding time again soon, Demi. Keep it up!

I'm noticing that neither wakizashis nor ninja-tos seem to be benefiting from any proficiency in my install.

With a point in both katana and short sword, equipping a short sword on a level 1 Fighter with 18/00 STR brings his THAC0 down to 17, but equipping a ninja-to bumps it back up to 20; same thing with the katana vs. the wakizashi. Points in scimitar (or any other weapon or style for that matter) don't make any difference either. As an extra oddity, the normal wakizashi is also showing the stat block for the wakizashi +1 when inspected (minus the wakizashi +1's flavor text), displaying +1 THAC0 in the stat block but not actually applying a THAC0 bonus on the character sheet.

Here is my weidu.log. I can only imagine that I must have screwed up something somewhere along the line, but I have no idea what it could have been. I've used this same array of mods with no issue like this before. The only thing I can think of that I've done differently from before was including ToBEx's chargen proficiency limit option. Maybe that did it somehow?

I'm noticing that neither wakizashis nor ninja-tos seem to be benefiting from any proficiency in my install.
EDIT

This is due to a known bug within the Weapon Changes component. I thought it's been fixed, but clearly it has not. What happens is that waki/ninja lose the STR bonus (those +3 thaco from 18/00 STR).

If you actually need them fixed for your game, install this a normal Weidu mod, i.e. put into a .txt file, rename to setup-ninjawakifix.tp2, then rename a copy of WeiDU into setup-ninjawakifix.exe and run.

If you don't need it and were just reporting, you may want to consider not trying your luck :)

BACKUP ~ninja and waki fix~
AUTHOR ~g3~
BEGIN ~Quickfix for wakizashis and ninja-tos~
INCLUDE ~item_rev/lib/compatibility.tpa~

INCLUDE ~item_rev/lib/identify_weapon.tpa~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ override PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE>0x71 BEGIN
 LPM identify_item

PATCH_IF wakizashi || ninjato BEGIN

GET_OFFSET_ARRAY headers ITM_V10_HEADERS
   PHP_EACH headers AS ind => off BEGIN
     PATCH_IF (BYTE_AT off)=1 BEGIN
	WRITE_SHORT off+0x26 1
	WRITE_SHORT off+0x28 0
	WRITE_SHORT off+0x2a 1
	PATCH_IF wakizashi BEGIN
	  WRITE_SHORT off+0x2c 50 // overhand
	  WRITE_SHORT off+0x2e 50 // backhand
	  WRITE_SHORT off+0x30 0  // thrust
	END ELSE BEGIN

WRITE_SHORT off+0x2c 10 // overhand
	  WRITE_SHORT off+0x2e 25 // backhand
	  WRITE_SHORT off+0x30 65 // thrust
	END
  END
END
 END
END BUT_ONLY

I'm currently working on BGEE-compatible versions of IR, SR and Divine Remix. Will include the fix too.

PS And I hate this forum engine.

Archived