Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

Been playing with the latest beta version of IR for a while, and found a few items that are slightly wacky.

Read earlier in the thread that people said the robe of arcane might gave priest caster level and not wizard one. Guess this is what the 3.12 change log says it fixes, but it's still the same. Amulet of power and potion of power are correct though.

Also the ring of human influence charm ability has target set as self, so it's useless.

Spectral Brand +4 that grants Negative Plane Protection as an equipped ability, doesn't show the icon on the character portraits.

I don't know if this belong in this forum or the Stratagems forum, but when one of my characters are wearing the Girdle of Beatification(grants Bless as an equipped ability), the enemy mages try to dispel it sometimes.

It's not a big deal, but it's the only item that makes the AI behave that way.

My Swashbuckler/Mage was unable to use Daystar
Spectral Brand +4 that grants Negative Plane Protection as an equipped ability, doesn't show the icon on the character portraits.
I'll look into these and fix them.

I don't know if this belong in this forum or the Stratagems forum, but when one of my characters are wearing the Girdle of Beatification(grants Bless as an equipped ability), the enemy mages try to dispel it sometimes.

It's not a big deal, but it's the only item that makes the AI behave that way.

I don't know, I'll look into it. If SCS automatically tries to dispel the bless effect even if flagged as not dispellable I may have to re-think the item, or replace the original opcode with a similar effect and then make it not stackable, "manually".
Methild's Harp and Azlaer's Harp are usable by Fighter/Clerics.
Strange but true. :D Will fix.

Daystar +4: Does 2 damage against the wielder when he equips it.
I cannot confirm this instead. I'll test it in-game asap to see if something weird is going on but looking at the files (the .ITM and its "while equipped" .EFFs) everything seems fine.
Daystar +4: Does 2 damage against the wielder when he equips it.
I cannot confirm this instead. I'll test it in-game asap to see if something weird is going on but looking at the files (the .ITM and its "while equipped" .EFFs) everything seems fine.

The EVILDAM2.eff file is using HP: Damage [12] opcode instead of Spell Effect: Damage vs. Creature Type Modifier [179].

I'm using DLTCEP editor to check the files out.

There's a bug in item_reallocation.tpa. Line 632 shouldn't add bow99 but bow08, as bow08 is the useable Eagle Bow.

Could you refine your identify_weapon.tpa by including a look into the various description strings (name, identified name, description and identified description)? As it is now, various scimitars and cutlasses from other mods get erroneously changed to short swords.

10th

Ring of Human Influence: the Charm Person ability's "Cast Spell at Target" is set to "Self" - consequently, it always targets the character using it. Additionally, shouldn't the Ring of Human Influence give a +2 Charisma bonus, not +1? 18-19=2, 20-21=3, 22-23=4, 24-25=5, I thought.

Additionally, Amulet of Metaspell Influence does not give the vocalize icon on the portrait as (I think) it probably should.

Ring of Human Influence: the Charm Person ability's "Cast Spell at Target" is set to "Self" - consequently, it always targets the character using it. Additionally, shouldn't the Ring of Human Influence give a +2 Charisma bonus, not +1? 18-19=2, 20-21=3, 22-23=4, 24-25=5, I thought.

Additionally, Amulet of Metaspell Influence does not give the vocalize icon on the portrait as (I think) it probably should.

I'll look into it asap.

Arbane's Sword's description touts a 2 round duration for its haste special ability, but the duration is actually set to 24 (i.e. 4 rounds) for the icon, spell expiration sound, and the haste effect itself. On a side-note, I'm surprised the ability wasn't externalized via the cast spell action.

Pearly White Ioun Stone's description touts 1 hitpoint regeneration every two rounds, but it's regeneration is actually 1 hitpoint every 20 seconds.

Additionally, this is more of a suggestion, but...have you thought about making the Flail of Age's secondary effects' chances dependent on the actual number of heads present? It doesn't really make sense that with the one cold flail head, there's a 20% chance of hitting an enemy with it and doing the cold damage and slow effect. Failing that 20% chance, what are you hitting the enemy with? The hilt? O.K., but then why do you always hit an enemy with one of the heads when there's five of them, no matter what? Is the hilt no longer relevant when you have all five? :(

Gauntlets of Parrying inconsistency: in all the other items that have the "parrying" effect, the effect in the description is called "Parrying". For the actual Gauntlets of Parrying, though, it's just called "Parry".

Trueblood's Ioun Stone can do weird things with the number of hitpoints it calculates for increasing with its "10% bonus" hitpoints. Had it equipped on my Swashbuckler for a while, and his max was at 134. Took it off and put it back on, and his max was 129. Probably something to do with stuff that temporarily increase hitpoints, (indeed, I just cast Aid on him, then rested, and his max HP became 134 again), which is also probably due to an engine bug. Not something you can fix, I'm sure, but thought I'd mention it, nonetheless.

Pearly White Ioun Stone's description touts 1 hitpoint regeneration every two rounds, but it's regeneration is actually 1 hitpoint every 20 seconds.
Strange, I thought I fixed this ages ago, but you're right. :(

Additionally, this is more of a suggestion, but...have you thought about making the Flail of Age's secondary effects' chances dependent on the actual number of heads present? It doesn't really make sense that with the one cold flail head, there's a 20% chance of hitting an enemy with it and doing the cold damage and slow effect. Failing that 20% chance, what are you hitting the enemy with? The hilt? O.K., but then why do you always hit an enemy with one of the heads when there's five of them, no matter what? Is the hilt no longer relevant when you have all five? :(
It's a balance thing because else adding more heads would reduce the effectiveness of the other ones. Anyway, it's not like you hit with head x and inflict status x, but just a random chance to inflict the relative status. The same way pretty much all weapons don't have 100% chance to trigger their on hit abilities. When an on hit ability doesn't trigger it doesn't mean the weapon missed the attack roll, but just that the additional effect hasn't triggered.

Gauntlets of Parrying inconsistency: in all the other items that have the "parrying" effect, the effect in the description is called "Parrying". For the actual Gauntlets of Parrying, though, it's just called "Parry".
Good catch.

Trueblood's Ioun Stone can do weird things with the number of hitpoints it calculates for increasing with its "10% bonus" hitpoints. Had it equipped on my Swashbuckler for a while, and his max was at 134. Took it off and put it back on, and his max was 129. Probably something to do with stuff that temporarily increase hitpoints, (indeed, I just cast Aid on him, then rested, and his max HP became 134 again), which is also probably due to an engine bug. Not something you can fix, I'm sure, but thought I'd mention it, nonetheless.
Hardcoded behaviour.

I'm not sure I really understand the Flail of the Ages bit: if it's not "you hit enemy with head x", then what is it? Conceptually, if you hit an enemy with five flail heads, (or whatever), at once, shouldn't that do a bit more damage than compared to just one regular flail head? ...But gameplay wise, of course, it should still really only have the effects of one flail head, because 10D4 + the effects of each flail head, (5D5 elemental damage and various effects? Eek!), would be completely ridiculous. But with the other extreme, (i.e. what it is right now), you have a 40% chance in SoA of the item never even having the standard elemental damage...whereas for an item like Frostreaver, you *always* have the elemental damage, and then sometimes an additional side-effect. I don't see why the same isn't done here. :) I also don't understand the bit about "reducing each head's power" - perhaps, on an individual head basis, you'd be reducing their power...but you'd be slightly increasing the power of the actual flail overall.

Archived