Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

Galoomp don't want to buy books. On purpose?
Yes and no. Book items are marked as miscellaneous, and this type includes other things. It's either books and rubbish or nothing. I've opted for nothing, though if you think differently, it's easy to amend.

Those two skeleton Warriors in Trademeet Crypt have two handed swords +1 shouldn't it be masterwork?
Twohanded swords are unaffected by Masterwork component. I guess it wasn't intended.

@ Ardanis: did you get some use of the changelog I did regarding the 1 arrow +2 in Ribalds store?
Sorry, can't understand how it happens.

In the Temple of Oghma in the Docks, there's two scrolls of True Seeing available. The discription is right, but the picture of the scrolls on the sale list is of a fire, I guess fire elemental? Hmm
Vanilla "bug" - True Sight spell uses different BAM than it is supposed to. Will fix.
Shadow Armor +3 Done

I'm only lowering the hide bonus a little. I should lower it to +2 enchantment imo, but I haven't opted for it. I've slightly refined its concept (small description changes, no weight, no STR requirements), making it similar to SR's Ghost Armor.

I think you should lower it to +2, but I also think putting back a little hide bonus would be good, at least for the BG1 part.

Shadow Armor +3

I think you should lower it to +2, but I also think putting back a little hide bonus would be good, at least for the BG1 part.
We discussed it back then, and I was the first one to say that, balance-wise, this armor should be +2 within BG1. We seemed to agree though that making this an end-game, hard to obtain item within BG1 was a better choice compared to nerfing it (though till now Ardanis wonderful work isn't extended to BG1 :) ). If I'm not wrong the real problem is that in vanilla you can get this armor too soon, making even a +2 version pretty much outshine all other armors (and bracers), is it correct? Otoh, making it +2 surely makes it completely pointless in BG2, where bracers would quickly outshine it even in the very first part of the game. Last but not least, in terms of concept, this is supposed to be the armor of Shadow Thieves' leaders, and thus it should be quite exceptional.

Back then I also thought about using two versions of this armor, with Shadow Legion Armor (a +2 version using this lore) being available in BG1, and Shadow Armor being used by Shadowmasters within BG2 (Mae' Var and Aran, who btw I really hate with that green looking elven mail). I'm not sure though, because I don't like to have semi-identical items.

I see you points. After some consideration I think keeping it +3 is the most sensible thing to do. You can obtain it early in BG1, but it has it's price. And with more mods altering prices and availability (Randomizer, SCS & Hard Times) I'm not sure it's so OP in BG1 anymore. Who plays vanilla BTW? In BG2 there're other items competing with the bracers space so I'm not sure I'd skip Shadow Armour +3 right away. Especially for thief/mages like Imoen/Nalia/others.

Hmm

Kiel's Helmet has no carriedicon bam.
Strange, the bam is missing but I'm almost sure I never had to add it...does that mean its BG1 bam (chelm14) isn't there by deafault? :) Anyway, I'll update the hotfixes asap, though I'd wait at least 1-2 more significant issues to do that. In the meanwhile, just put the file attached here into your override.
Strange, the bam is missing but I'm almost sure I never had to add it...does that mean its BG1 bam (chelm14) isn't there by deafault?

I checked my backup folder with NI and in Vanilla both Baluran's & Kiels Helm use CHELM07.BAM. There is no CHELM14.BAM by default.

Thank you for the file. :)

Ring of Lockpicking Done

I'm lowering lockpick bonus from 25% to 20%, but I'm adding +1 DEX. I still don't like it much, and I wouldn't mind to completely replace it with a better concpet.

Is it RING35? If so: in my game it's called Ring of the Burglar, and the +1 dex doesn't add... Now I think of it, I haven't checked wether it actually applied +20 lockpick bonus.

Ring of Lockpicking

Is it RING35? If so: in my game it's called Ring of the Burglar, and the +1 dex doesn't add... Now I think of it, I haven't checked wether it actually applied +20 lockpick bonus.
It's fine on my install, it's one of those cases where I mistakenly put an old file in the mod folder. Fixed now, I'll update the hotfixes asap.

- Ring of Human Influence. Ability is signed as Battering Ram

- Quest for Maevar. When I went for Talos's Necklace in Talos Temple at night, there were two "Mistresses Ada" - one was sleeping, second was still selling wares.

It's my first day of playing. I've got SCS, IR, SR, Banter Packs (PP and SHS), Imoen/Yoshimo friendship.

Quality of this mod just hurts my eyes, Demi. Good work.

- Quest for Maevar. When I went for Talos's Necklace in Talos Temple at night, there were two "Mistresses Ada" - one was sleeping, second was still selling wares.

That's an old issue, I think it has to do Romantic Encounters, but never actually have looked closer to it.

Dealing with Ikert in the Docks gives me a shopwindow with Sio'Chaire's name on it. Was that due to Unique Containers Ardanis?

I'm a little dissappointed with the number of non-healing potions in Missus Craigmoons shop. Same goes with Roger the Fence.

Cheers

Ring of Human Influence

Ability is signed as Battering Ram
I cannot reproduce this. Checking the files everything seems fine:

* OUTER_SPRINT tooltip_string_1 @4044 (main_component.tp2)

* @4043 = ~Charm Person~ (item_descriptions.tra)

Are you sure? :p

Revised Stores

I'm a little dissappointed with the number of non-healing potions in Missus Craigmoons shop. Same goes with Roger the Fence
What do you mean? Too much? Too little?

Anyway, this is surely not a bug (just like Shadow Armor nerf suggestion :) ). ;)

Revised Stores
I'm a little dissappointed with the number of non-healing potions in Missus Craigmoons shop. Same goes with Roger the Fence
What do you mean? Too much? Too little?

Anyway, this is surely not a bug (just like Shadow Armor nerf suggestion :) ). :p

There's only 1 for sale.

No it's not bug, but still "issues" ;) Give me a better place to report and I will do.

Cheers

Archived