Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

Skin of the Ghoul gives off a green cloud-like effect, but it seems to be spammed every few seconds or slow, clogging up the screen and slowing everything down. I assume this should be an aura-like effect without a visible component, otherwise the item is unusable.

A beholder using SR's Disintegrate is effective on a character wearing the Necklace of Form Stability. The description of the necklace clearly states that the wearer should be immune to Disintegrate.

The Staff of Curing's passive ability seems to restore 3hp/3 rounds to everyone within 20 feet, which is way too much.

I think the passive ability should be like 1 hp/1 turn to Allies within 20 feet, because even 1 hp/3 rounds would heal quite a bit.

Skin of the Ghoul

Skin of the Ghoul gives off a green cloud-like effect, but it seems to be spammed every few seconds or slow, clogging up the screen and slowing everything down. I assume this should be an aura-like effect without a visible component, otherwise the item is unusable.
I don't understand, I've just checked and dvstench.pro has no animation. :) I don't remember ever seeing an animation on that armor either...I'll try to look into it.

Necklace of Form Stability

A beholder using SR's Disintegrate is effective on a character wearing the Necklace of Form Stability. The description of the necklace clearly states that the wearer should be immune to Disintegrate.
That's probably because I assumed beholder use vanilla's ray. I guess SCS is making them use SR's one when SR is detected. Will look into it and fix it asap.

Staff of Curing

The Staff of Curing's passive ability seems to restore 3hp/3 rounds to everyone within 20 feet, which is way too much.

I think the passive ability should be like 1 hp/1 turn to Allies within 20 feet, because even 1 hp/3 rounds would heal quite a bit.

You're right, spl is erroneously healing 3 hp instead of 1. I think 1hp/10 rounds would be really too little to matter, but I'd be curious to know what other betatesters think about it.

Albruin +2's Luminous ability causes a dialogue string error.

Ah you're right, the Skin of the Ghoul does give no animation when equipped on a party member, it was when it was originally equipped on that zombie in the Unseeing Eye quest where the aura was given off. I managed to kill the zombie reasonably quickly, but if left alone it might be a problem.

If the Staff of Curing heals 1 hp/3 rounds, assuming every party member is injured that works out to 6 hp/ 3 rounds, or the equivalent healing rate of 2 rings of regeneration. That is quite a lot. I don't see the aura as being useful in battle, because it has that mass cure ability for battle. If you have the staff heal 1 hp/6 rounds, that would be the equivalent of a ring of regeneration assuming every party member is injured. The staff also makes it unnecessary to cast healing spells on rest anymore. Perhaps you might want to consider the passive ability to be a powerful aura of regeneration as another activated ability instead of a passive one, then it can heal 1 hp/round for 3 turns or something like that, I just think the staff heals too much if the aura continues forever.

Albruin

Albruin +2's Luminous ability causes a dialogue string error.
I cannot reproduce it. It works fine on my install. :) Otoh, Albruin seems to still have hidden 1xday Detect Invisibility, I'll remove it right away.

Skin of the Ghoul

Ah you're right, the Skin of the Ghoul does give no animation when equipped on a party member, it was when it was originally equipped on that zombie in the Unseeing Eye quest where the aura was given off. I managed to kill the zombie reasonably quickly, but if left alone it might be a problem.
Mmm...could it be an ability added by SCS? We do moved the armor on the zombie leader as I like boss-like characters to not sit on their equipment, but I'm pretty sure the armor works the same way on him, the animation must come from something else. :p

Staff of Curing

Dakk pretty much said what I wa going to say. Consider that:

a) the staff takes both hand slots, the Ring of Regeneration takes a cheap ring slot

b) the staff is usable only by clerics

c) wielding this staff pretty much makes the character useless in melee (it's a plain staff +1)

b+c) only spellcasting oriented clerics such as Aerie would consider this staff during combat

d) last time I tested it the healing effect didn't worked on rest (I'll look into it tonight)

I'm pretty sure the crypt king drops Albruin, regardless, it seems to have some sort of string issue.

Anath drops a Cloak of the Wolf whenever she transforms or dies. She drops one in her cavern when she transforms to a werewolf and drops a second one near the entrance to the Temple Ruins dungeon when she dies. There is also a cloak of the wolf in the caverns on the corpse. I believe there should only be 1 copy of this cloak.

The hp effect of the Potion of Heroism does not stack with the Girlde of Trollish Fortitutde and the Potion of Toughness, in fact, it overrides the hp component of those two items. Hence if wearing the Girdle of Trollish fortitude, drinking the potion of heroism will actually lower the wearer's hp. I'm not sure whether the hp additions should stack, but at least allow the higher hp-boosting potion/item to be dominant.

The Necklace of Form Stability also doesn't protect against the disintegrate abillity of SR's Black Blade of Disaster.

The Barkskin effect of the Mielikki's Gift does not work. Also, the armor itself has a AC of 4, not 5, despite what the description says. If the Barksin effect is supposed to be visible, then it's not working. The Barkskin effect is supposed to be invisible, then it must be applying a AC bonus of only 1, not 4 as per description.

Yoshimo's Katana gives a hidden +1AC bonus.

Pearly White Ioun Stone has a non-documented -10% fire resistance, which is fine. It should probably also have a -10% acid resistance, since trolls are also weak to acid. I'd go so far as to make the penalties -20%, but regardless it'd be good to include them in the description.

Upon reloading the game, the wearer of the Girlde of Trollish Fortitude has his hp set to 20 less than his maximum. So say Minsc has 89 hp, with the Girlde on fully healed he'll have 109 hp, but if I save the game and load it he'll go back to 89 hp despite having 109 hp at the time of saving.

Suggestions:

It seems the consensus is that the Staff of Curing's passive ability is fine, but I still think 1 hp/3 rounds is quite a bit, maybe 1 hp/5 rounds? The mass cure ability is very useful already.

Cloak of Nature's Vegeance does 1d10 damage to attackers upon striking, which I think is too much. 1d4 or 1d5 would already be a lot I think.

Should the Blade of Chao's Vampiric ability work on creatures like golems or even the undead? Basically, would it be possible to code the ability more selectively? Also, the +2 version's 1-4 vampiric damage is quite a bit, I recommend reducing it to 1-2 vampiric damage. I know with Ascension installed if you give this blade to Saeverok in ToB you get a +4 version of the sword, I don't know whether this is in IR or not but if so that sword can have the 1-4 vampiric damage.

Valygar's Armor is +3, and non-detection + immunity to charm. It is remarkably powerful. I think the AC should probably be reduced, and one of the effects removed.

Valygar's Armor is +3, and non-detection + immunity to charm. It is remarkably powerful. I think the AC should probably be reduced, and one of the effects removed.

I do not agree that one of the effects should be removed. In Vanilla BG2 it was even more powerfull, granting immunity to charm and +25% resistance against acid/fire/magic damage on top of beeing a +3 armor. No-detection was a really fitting change and immunity to charm fits pretty well too. But I agree with you that it should be at least a +2 armor like every other custom npc equip.

Should the Blade of Chao's Vampiric ability work on creatures like golems or even the undead? Basically, would it be possible to code the ability more selectively? Also, the +2 version's 1-4 vampiric damage is quite a bit, I recommend reducing it to 1-2 vampiric damage. I know with Ascension installed if you give this blade to Saeverok in ToB you get a +4 version of the sword, I don't know whether this is in IR or not but if so that sword can have the 1-4 vampiric damage.

I think 1-4 vampiric damage is fine, if you take into account that all other weapons sharing the same vampiric effect are +3 - +5 1-handed weapons. Since Blade of Chaos is a 2-handed sword and only +2 I think its ok, because the effects enchanted on 2-handed weapons should at least twice as good as the ones on 1-handed weapons.

Thanks a lot, I've fixed all the issues reported. They are already listed in the first post of this topic (greyed out) and I'll upload them as soon as Ardanis looks into his part of the issues.

Issues

I'm pretty sure the crypt king drops Albruin, regardless, it seems to have some sort of string issue.
I have no clue. :p

Anath drops a Cloak of the Wolf whenever she transforms or dies. She drops one in her cavern when she transforms to a werewolf and drops a second one near the entrance to the Temple Ruins dungeon when she dies. There is also a cloak of the wolf in the caverns on the corpse. I believe there should only be 1 copy of this cloak.
Ardanis? :)

The hp effect of the Potion of Heroism does not stack with the Girlde of Trollish Fortitutde and the Potion of Toughness, in fact, it overrides the hp component of those two items. Hence if wearing the Girdle of Trollish fortitude, drinking the potion of heroism will actually lower the wearer's hp. I'm not sure whether the hp additions should stack, but at least allow the higher hp-boosting potion/item to be dominant.
I'd simply turn one of the two potion from % to inc.

Upon reloading the game, the wearer of the Girlde of Trollish Fortitude has his hp set to 20 less than his maximum. So say Minsc has 89 hp, with the Girlde on fully healed he'll have 109 hp, but if I save the game and load it he'll go back to 89 hp despite having 109 hp at the time of saving.
This is an hardcoded issue, afaik there's nothing I can do about it.

Suggestions

Cloak of Nature's Vegeance does 1d10 damage to attackers upon striking, which I think is too much. 1d4 or 1d5 would already be a lot I think.
Mmm...I'll think about it. Perhaps adding a save? ;)

It already doesn't work on golems and undead...is it in your game? I think Vampiric effect is fine as it is for more or less the same reaons Lawlight said: SoC is a 2handed sword and this is the only ability it has.

I do agree, it's too much heavily enchanted, but I left it unchanged because as a +2 armor it would start to become unappealing too easily/early imo. Otoh removing immunity to charm and perhaps moving it to the sword could do the trick. I'll think about it.

Archived