Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

Items

Balduran's Armor: it was still working as per V2.

Rashad's Talon: it was still working as per V2.

Karaja's Leather Armor: it was unusable by thieves and it still had it's V2 x/day ability.

The Wave: Dehydrating effect replaced by Smashing Wave (15% chance to inflict 4d6 damage to opponents within 5 feet).

Trollhide Armor: added fire and acid vulnerability to balance its huge regenerating effect.

Albruin: there still was V2's once per day ability

Bala's Axe: updated to use V3 standardized Dispelling seffect via spl

Doomplate: fixed various issues with Aura of Despair

Necklace of Form Stability: added protection from beholder's disintegrating and petrifying rays (spin982 and 984) and SR's BBoD (blakbld)

Pearly White Ioun Stone: it had a non-documented -10% fire resistance

Ring of the Burglar: it was still working as per V2

Robe of the Battlemage: it was granting +5 max hp instead of +10hp

Staff of Curing: healing aura was curing 3hp every 3 rounds instead of 1hp

Wand of Polymorph: it had 100 charges instead of 10

For the above item changes, can the item files be just copied into the override folder directly, without re-installing IR, to get the changes?

I'm reporting as many issues as I can find, since I am enjoying the mod so much.

I just tested the Blade of Chaos on both golems and undead and I confirm it does adds hp to its user when it strikes those enemies. This is not intentional I assume.

Scroll of Protection from Alterations causes a CTD when used.

Equipping and removing Adjatha the Drinker reduces by 5 the current hp of the wielder. So repeatedly equipping and removing it will eventually kill the character. This is a rather serious problem, since I like to equip the sword only for mages, and I may switch the sword in and out in the course of a battle depending on whom I am engaging.

Cloak of the Shield protects against Magic Missiles but not the missiles from the Wand of Magic Missiles. Admittedly this situation would never come up in a standard playthrough, for I am unaware of any enemy that uses the wand of Missiles, so this is harmless.

Albruin is incorrectly flagged as a weapon of +1 enchantment level, since I couldn't hit stone golems with it but I can with other +2 weapons. That or the sword is supposed to be a +1 weapon and its title is incorrect.

The Ring of Danger Sense gives +1 AC and +1 to all saves, not +2 save vs breath as described.

There is a second copy of Bala's Axe in the engine room of the Planar Sphere, which I assume was erroneously left there. I originally obtained the axe from the dwarf in the upper floor of the Den of Seven Vales, which I thought was an appropriate location.

Ring of Fire Control only gives 40% fire resist not 50%.

Gust of Wind on the Staff of Air does not remove cloud effects like cloudkill, stinking cloud, etc., at least with SR installed.

Should one of the Rakshasa in the druid grove really drop the Cleric's Staff? I see it being for sale in Waukeen's temple in Trademeet, which seems much more appropriate.

Suggestions:

The anti-undead properties of the Cleric's Staff doesn't seem that useful frankly, not with the mace of disruption around. Personally I think it might be best to make it into a caster weapon, including +1-2 levels to spellcasting for clerics. Make this non-stackable with the Robes of Arcane Might, and give it some other properties, like once/day bless or aid and keep the permanent protection vs undead. Make it cost more too.

I recommend moving Ras, the staff Spear +2, and the Martial Staff +2 to the Trademeet Blacksmith, just for some variety. Otherwise the Trademeet Blacksmith doesn't sell anything worthwhile.

I recommend that the vampiric effect of the Sword of Chaos +2, if not nerfed, be unstackable with other vampiric effects.

A save for the Cloak of Nature's Vengeance is a good idea.

The anti-undead properties of the Cleric's Staff doesn't seem that useful frankly, not with the mace of disruption around. Personally I think it might be best to make it into a caster weapon, including +1-2 levels to spellcasting for clerics. Make this non-stackable with the Robes of Arcane Might, and give it some other properties, like once/day bless or aid and keep the permanent protection vs undead. Make it cost more too.

I like that suggestion.

I recommend that the vampiric effect of the Sword of Chaos +2, if not nerfed, be unstackable with other vampiric effects.

I dont see the necessity to make it unstackable with other vampiric effects, because the only item type using the vampiric effect are weapons and Sword of Chaos is a 2-handed weapon... u know what I mean? :)

Back to the Topic:

I found something while runmaging the item-list per NI. *shy*

According to its discription Angurvadal +4 should have also the Incendiary ability but it only has Flaming.

I like that suggestion.

It does sound attractive. And would help with the "why so much anti-undead" debate :) Of course all increases of spellcasting-levels must be looked at globally (= with all items available in mind), so that particular effect might be too much. Demi?

Thanks again deducter and Lawlight, fixed everything I could reproduce (first post updated again). If I don't get in touch with Ardanis I may just update the hotfixes without his part, but I'd prefer to avoid multiple releases which require multiple re-installs. Speaking of which...

@amitlath, yes a re-install is recommended. In theory you could avoid it, but then you'd have to fix a bunch of things yourself via Near Infinity or a similar tool.

Issues

I just tested the Blade of Chaos on both golems and undead and I confirm it does adds hp to its user when it strikes those enemies. This is not intentional I assume.
Not at all. It seems the "healing" part works even if the target is immune to the effect (EFFs within dvvampir.spl make undead and golems, as well as other creature types, immune to the spell itself). A possible solution could be to add a bunch of EFFs (though they'd probably need to be external from the dvvampir.spl - like in the weapon melee header) to make the wielder immune dvvampir himself (for 1 second) if he/she strikes a creature immune to vampiric effects. :p

Scroll of Protection from Alterations causes a CTD when used.
I cannot reproduce it, it seems to work fine. There was a small issue though, as the scroll was erroneously letting you target another character instead of being self centered only.

There is a second copy of Bala's Axe in the engine room of the Planar Sphere, which I assume was erroneously left there. I originally obtained the axe from the dwarf in the upper floor of the Den of Seven Vales, which I thought was an appropriate location.
Ardanis? :)

Gust of Wind on the Staff of Air does not remove cloud effects like cloudkill, stinking cloud, etc., at least with SR installed.
It it seems like clearair.2da isn't correctly update by SR, but it's strange because the patching code (e.g. APPEND ~clearair.2da~ ~Stink Cloud %dvstink%~) always worked before. Perhaps this is another case where more recnet Weidu.exe makes an old command obsolete like it happened with SR's Update Spellbook component. I'll look into it.

Should one of the Rakshasa in the druid grove really drop the Cleric's Staff? I see it being for sale in Waukeen's temple in Trademeet, which seems much more appropriate.
I guess he shouldn't, I?ll point this out to Ardanis.

Suggestions

I already thought about changing this staff, I just not have a complete "concept" to work on. I'll think about it.

What do you meant by "unstackable"? A Vampiric weapon isn't going to raise wielder's max hp, and thus it doesn't stack with Vampiric Touch spell.
What do you meant by "unstackable"? A Vampiric weapon isn't going to raise wielder's max hp, and thus it doesn't stack with Vampiric Touch spell.

I'm thinking specific of Larloch's Soul Stealer, this weapon + that ring gives 2-8 hp worth of vampiric effect. That works out to an average of 4.5hp per hit, which in ToB with greater whirlwind gives 45hp per round, and if a character also has the spell regeneration/haste on the healing rate would be incredible. Admittedly you can't hit everything with said weapon, but enough that I am a bit worried about this combo. I have yet to get to this point in the game, but I always worry about too much regeneration.

Anath drops a Cloak of the Wolf whenever she transforms or dies. She drops one in her cavern when she transforms to a werewolf and drops a second one near the entrance to the Temple Ruins dungeon when she dies. There is also a cloak of the wolf in the caverns on the corpse. I believe there should only be 1 copy of this cloak.
Thanks

The Barkskin effect of the Mielikki's Gift does not work. Also, the armor itself has a AC of 4, not 5, despite what the description says. If the Barksin effect is supposed to be visible, then it's not working. The Barkskin effect is supposed to be invisible, then it must be applying a AC bonus of only 1, not 4 as per description.
Indeed.

This armor also has AC vs undead bonus, as well as a bonus vs 255 GENERAL.IDS entry.

And iirc it should be immune to Barkskin spell.

Cloak of Nature's Vegeance does 1d10 damage to attackers upon striking, which I think is too much. 1d4 or 1d5 would already be a lot I think.
I believe 1d4 would not even be noticed. And in order to trigger the effect, the wearer has to be hit, which sometimes is negated by AC.

The cloak also has no other effect, and seeing how it's obtained somewhere in the middle game, I'd say 1d10 is fine. It is incomparable to solid fighter's attack.

Adding a save, do keep in mind than the cloak then will be worthless in ToB.

My final thought - the cloak is fine as it is.

Valygar's Armor is +3, and non-detection + immunity to charm. It is remarkably powerful. I think the AC should probably be reduced, and one of the effects removed.
I do agree, it's too much heavily enchanted, but I left it unchanged because as a +2 armor it would start to become unappealing too easily/early imo.
It is a mithral chainmail. Even if +2, this equals to +4 studded leather without encumbrance penalties. Add two bonuses, and I think that's a real hard task to find a viable replacement before ToB. Besides, Valygar is not a tank character anyway, so why would he care so much about one AC point?

And indeed NPC's equipment is +2 everywhere, so...

Thanks

Leftover from vanilla, where the staff had no special abilities.

I recommend moving Ras, the staff Spear +2, and the Martial Staff +2 to the Trademeet Blacksmith, just for some variety. Otherwise the Trademeet Blacksmith doesn't sell anything worthwhile.
You have a point.

I'm thinking specific of Larloch's Soul Stealer, this weapon + that ring gives 2-8 hp worth of vampiric effect. That works out to an average of 4.5hp per hit, which in ToB with greater whirlwind gives 45hp per round, and if a character also has the spell regeneration/haste on the healing rate would be incredible. Admittedly you can't hit everything with said weapon, but enough that I am a bit worried about this combo. I have yet to get to this point in the game, but I always worry about too much regeneration.
Assuming all 10 strikes will hit (and WWs have a limited usage), that's still just one potion of superior healing. Plus ring is looted very late in game, so imo it's better be worth equipping for an interesting combo - like the one you've described.

Suggestion:

There are two identical Scimitar without enchantment (swh10.itm and swh.56.itm) but not a single "plain" Scimitar +2. Maybe split them? You could use ilucky.bam from iwd for one of them. (if you wish I could send you the file)

@deducter, both I and Ardanis are unable to reproduce your issue with Gust of Wind not removing clouds. For some reason DLTCP doesn't seem to notice the patched clearair.2da, which made us think something wrong was going on, but NI displays a correct 2da with all the new SR's projectiles, and in three different installs Gust of Wind worked fine.

There are two identical Scimitar without enchantment (swh10.itm and swh.56.itm) but not a single "plain" Scimitar +2. Maybe split them? You could use ilucky.bam from iwd for one of them. (if you wish I could send you the file)
The second one is a semi-unique specimen used by Habib (he throws the sword in your inventory), I don't know off hand if it's safe to replace it with sw1h10 and then turn sw1h56 into a scimitar +2. I'll look into it. Btw, I do IWD installed to steal bams and animations from it. :)
I could have checked if usability already mentions thieves... Regardless, wand descriptions weren't relieved of said characters, even though main component no longer allows them to use wands.
Ehm...sorry. Fixed. Hotfixes update is right behind the corner.

Edit: Hotfixes updated.

The description for the Scrolls of Protection from X Elemental Damage should probably include in their description that the scrolls only protect the USER and still targets the user even if clicked on another character. Better yet, just make it non-targettable.

According to the description of the Cloak of Nature's Vengeance, the 1d10 electrical damage should only apply if the wearer is struck by melee weapons. However, as long as the wearer is within a few feet of the target, any damage caused to the wearer will trigger the 1d10 reflective damage. This includes spells like fireball or magic missiles or even fireshield, so I can hurt a mage who cast fireshield and PFMW by hitting the mage and using the cloak's reflective damage. This is too powerful.

Delver's Plate has a AC of 0 instead of 1 as in its description.

Nice touch giving Azuredge to the Knights of the Radiant Heart and upping the price considerably. Good mix of warrior potions, but you should probably remove the Potions of Memory since those are a mage item, and there's no reason for paladins to stock such a potion.

I feel Mace of Disruption should be higher price too, I got it for around 9k, it should probably be several thousand gold higher.

Harbinger +3 has 1 equipped abliity and 3 combat abilities?? It looks almost like a +5 weapon. It has Demon Bane and starmetal, and since all demons are extraplanar creatures, the sword has an effective +12 damage to demons, which seems absolutely insane. I'd recommend removing Demonbane, since the lore merely states that the sword trapped a demon, which I fail to see how that would enchant the sword to be more effective towards demons. Also, just out of curiosity, "demon" here refers to both tanar'ri and baazetu?

Dragonscale Shield's description or ability should be more clear. The description states that the item is capable of "absorbing and nullifying shock waves of any kind of source" which implies it should make Wing Buffet etc. completely ineffective on the user. The shield protects against the knockback, but does not protect against the damage or the unconsciousness effect. I imagine this is working as intended, which is fine, but the description should be changed. Personally I'm not so against a shield that grants complete immunity to the force abilities. If the intention is for complete immunity to shock waves, then it doens't work.

The Dwarven Large Shield +2 is not a unique item, nor should it be. However, its description implies it is a unique item, so that should be changed.

Archived