Level 1 NPCs v1.8

Miloch

I'll attach the latest version here until someone at G3 (anyone?) can upload it to the proper place.

Version 1.8: Where's that v2 Anyway? (26Aug11)

• Accounted for p#kivan's special equipment
  • Dodged avatar-switching glitch by moving Aerie's armor to inventory
  • Fixed opcode typo in fj_npc_specific_perqs macro
  • Fixed monk equipment bugs
  • Fixed glitches when game references component not installed
  • Accounted for TDD Shar-Teel's special armor
  • Fixed numbering glitch and updated French translation
  • Added Anomen knighthood attribute component
  • Fixed bug in dual wielding with sling equipped
  • Added support for BG1 NPCs in BG2
  • Refixed glitches in Ergopad's Dudleyfix component

To run as an .exe, just rename it from .rar to .exe (it won't let me upload an .exe, but it's packaged as one).

Edit: 26Aug11 - refixed Dudleyfix glitches (changed date but not version)

Edit: 24Sep11 - attachment removed (latest version here)

Hmph, I thought I fixed that ages ago but I guess the code reversion gremlins struck again. Also, those HP WRITE_BYTEs should be WRITE_SHORTs instead, not that it matters much unless someone has more than 255 HP, but it's still a bit sloppy.

Edit: fixed (see original post)

Noticed when I turn Imoen to Swashbuckler by L1NPC she loses her bow & arrows, potions and her magic missile wand (BGWAND12) are moved to quickslots (which is fine by me), but she is added another magic missile wand (WAND03).

Edit: Oh, look what I've found in the mod FAQ :cool:

If you make Imoen a Swashbuckler and give her proficiency in short bow and short sword, then she'll show up in Candlekeep with a short bow, twenty arrows, a short sword, and some variety of leather armor.
That's exactly my case. But she has no sword, no bow, no arrows, but 2 wands.
Noticed when I turn Imoen to Swashbuckler by L1NPC she loses her bow & arrows, potions and her magic missile wand (BGWAND12) are moved to quickslots (which is fine by me), but she is added another magic missile wand (WAND03).

Edit: Oh, look what I've found in the mod FAQ :cool:

If you make Imoen a Swashbuckler and give her proficiency in short bow and short sword, then she'll show up in Candlekeep with a short bow, twenty arrows, a short sword, and some variety of leather armor.
That's exactly my case. But she has no sword, no bow, no arrows, but 2 wands.

i turn her into a sharpshooter with pips in crossbow and i also get two magic missile wands and no armor. just fyi.

i turn her into a sharpshooter with pips in crossbow and i also get two magic missile wands and no armor. just fyi.
That's a mod kit... it's not easy to anticipate their needs, so the best option here is just make the player buy the needed equipment and perhaps give a little monetary bonus according to the level...

And you obviously didn't.

Same here in a somewhat vanilla BGT-install. No Weidu-log, I'm afraid.

EDIT: Since way before this version of L1NPC.

That's a mod kit... it's not easy to anticipate their needs
Actually it should deal with all kits, because all kits are limited to "usability" flags in existing kits. So it's based on those and the proficiencies you give the NPC. If her kit can use leather armour and you give her (for example) short sword proficiencies, then she should probably get a short sword and leather armour at least (I assume we're talking about the BG1 portion of the game - she starts with nothing in BG2 of course). But there's obviously a BGT glitch too because of the BG prefix in the wand for whatever reason. Will try to look at it, though I don't have generic BGT. I believe she should also get the potions she'd normally have. She will not get a bow unless you give her a bow proficiency.

If anyone has other details or glitches, however small, please report them now. I probably have a few hours this weekend to update this but I don't know if I'll have much time after that, so it might be the last version for a while unless Nythrun spontaneously reappears.

I'm giving her a bow and short sword proficiency. She gets neither a bow nor a sword. No leather armor either.

What she gets is 3 potions of healing, 1 potion of speed and a magic missile wand, that's vanilla. And BGWAND12 is not removed because of BG- prefix.

Archived