Mac OS X

If the mod was previously installed, uninstall it before extracting the new version. Please note that this mod is incompatible with Mod Organizer. Kivan of Shilmista is packaged and installed with WeiDU. To install, simply extract the contents of the mod into your BG2 folder. If properly extracted, you should have a Kivan folder, Setup-Kivan.tp2, Setup-Kivan, and Setup-Kivan.command in your BG2 folder. To install, simply double-click Setup-Kivan.command and follow the instructions on screen.

Is this method not working? If not, what error message(s) are you getting?
Mac OS X

If the mod was previously installed, uninstall it before extracting the new version. Please note that this mod is incompatible with Mod Organizer. Kivan of Shilmista is packaged and installed with WeiDU. To install, simply extract the contents of the mod into your BG2 folder. If properly extracted, you should have a Kivan folder, Setup-Kivan.tp2, Setup-Kivan, and Setup-Kivan.command in your BG2 folder. To install, simply double-click Setup-Kivan.command and follow the instructions on screen.

Is this method not working? If not, what error message(s) are you getting?

This command line does not seem to be executable - or something like that. Can't remember exactly.

It installs fine for me (Mac OS 10.3.6, not that it should matter).

I do remember an error message saying that the file "may not be executable" (and deciding that it was the lamest error message ever :rolleyes: ) while testing some mod , but I don't think it was this one, and that .command file was of course replaced with a working one later on. Not much help. I'm afraid.

I'm sure somebody will figure this out sooner or ater, but if you want to play the mod before that, you can always try to install directly from the command line. It's not as scary as it sounds :D

If your BGII directory is in a fairly predictable place, all you need to write is

cd /BGII\ -\ SoA2

and then

./Setup-Kivan

(the backslashes are necessary because OSX doesn't like whitespaces in directory names. Putting a \ in front of it tells it to ignore the following characterm in this case the whitespace. I can't say I figured that out myself, but once I read it, it made perfect sense)

If your BGII directory is on another hard drive or partition (like mine), you'll need to write something like

cd /Volumes/Nameofdrive/BGII\ -\ SoA

and

./Setup-Kivan

instead.

(if a mod has new areas or sound files, this would not work, since the uncompression tools for files like that are called from the .command file, but that's probably not relevant here)

Archived