Assertion Errors related to creatures

Grunker

A) Jarno says I should install the BWP Fixpack... But I'm not using BWP. Should I install it anyway?
Well, your install order is inspired by the BWS'es order...

2) Fixpack

(2.5) BWP Fixpack - see above)

WRONG ORDER! It needs to be installed before the BGII Fixpack, because the fixes are made to the mods .tp2 files, in few cases for example.

Edit, ok so you edited it before I got to post, but anyway I got to quote it before... :lol:

EDIT: Seems ToBEx has issues with mods that edit baldur.exe. Such as Fishing for Trouble. I will try running SCSII without installing stuff that needs ToBEx (think it's only the stoneskin one). If that doesn't work I'm stumped.
You can disable ToBEx in SCS as described in the readme.

Using the console. That doesn't help very much when BG won't start at all :)

See here. Also someone had just posted on SHS about an error in UB that causes the Copper Coronet crash, but for whatever reason I totally can't find it now :). Anyway, it had something to do with WRITE_SHORTs instead of WRITE_BYTEs in the UB .tp2 - perhaps the BWFixpack "fixes" this.

I couldn't reproduce it with the fixes, tweaks and L1NPCs changes you made to Nalia. I started to add on SCS2 to see if that was the issue but I'm getting sick of waiting for Smarter Mages to finish after like 15 minutes or more. (Honestly, that component could really do with some optimisation,

If you have concrete suggestions, I'm happy to hear them.

and I don't think the SSL helps either.

"Helps" in what sense? The component doesn't work without SSL, so I'm struggling to understand what you mean here.

What, "make it faster" isn't concrete? :cool: I'd have to look at the code to make more specific suggestions, which makes my eyes go all funny (and you probably wouldn't implement my suggestions anyway, so we'd be wasting both of our times).
What, "make it faster" isn't concrete? :cool: I'd have to look at the code to make more specific suggestions, which makes my eyes go all funny (and you probably wouldn't implement my suggestions anyway, so we'd be wasting both of our times).
I am pretty sure that he would, -lement it with an Imp, if the suggested change would make it faster, the suggestion just needs to be labeled as: "portion of the current code" with it's "faster to install replacement". Hopefully also so that it doesn't make all the liches melee only opponents, or similar...
What, "make it faster" isn't concrete? :cool:

No. It's equivalent to "make mages smarter"- it expresses a desired outcome without any method for reaching that outcome, or even knowing if it can be reached.

I'd have to look at the code to make more specific suggestions, which makes my eyes go all funny (and you probably wouldn't implement my suggestions anyway, so we'd be wasting both of our times).

I'm happy to implement genuine optimisation suggestions: that is, suggestions for things that make the code run faster without changing functionality or compromising ease of maintenance.

Archived