Possible romance conflict?

I'm almost done with my first playthrough of BG1, and I have a question regarding Kivan's romance. Since it's only available in BG2, I decided to give Coran a spin in BG1, for curiosity's sake. I know his romance doesn't carry over into BG2, but I was wondering if it affects Kivan's romance in any way, specifically, the ability to start it? I'm assuming it doesn't, since the relationship is effectively over by the time BG2 rolls around (kind of a shame too, especially since I managed to get the good conclusion...), but better safe than sorry.

I'm almost done with my first playthrough of BG1, and I have a question regarding Kivan's romance. Since it's only available in BG2, I decided to give Coran a spin in BG1, for curiosity's sake. I know his romance doesn't carry over into BG2, but I was wondering if it affects Kivan's romance in any way, specifically, the ability to start it? I'm assuming it doesn't, since the relationship is effectively over by the time BG2 rolls around (kind of a shame too, especially since I managed to get the good conclusion...), but better safe than sorry.

No coran's romance has no effect on Kivan in BG2.

Sorry for the double post, but it's a real issue this time: I can't find Kivan.

I've started BG2, gotten out of Irenicus' dungeon, appeared in Athkatla, lost Imoen, and...he's nowhere to be found. Not near the circus tent, not in the inn and not in the Ilmater Temple. I've walked around the Promenade, and he didn't come up to me.

Could it be something to do with where I installed the mod? I was under the impression that all mods--BG1 and BG2--went into the Tutu folder, so that's where I installed Kivan (without any problems). I tried reinstalling the mod, indicating my BG2 folder as a destination just to make sure, but it's giving me an error message.

Any suggestions? :)

All BG2 mods go to BG2 folder. If you have installed Tutu v4, and not EasyTutu, then you will have to uninstall Tutu v4 first, or install BG2 to a new separate directory. Your BG2 installation must be clean and patched before installing any mods. If you're getting any error messages still, I'd recommend posting them here.

Ok, I figured out what the problem was. Turns out the error message was due to the fact that I hadn't updated Firefox, and it wouldn't fire up the readme when the mod was installed...

I reinstalled it, along with all the other BG2-affecting mods I have, and Kivan showed up. Hopefully there shouldn't be any further problems. Oh, and my BG2 install was patched already.

Cпасибо!

Archived