Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

Guest Noctalys

Ok, I have to type this because I am a glutton for punishment and am extremely curious..... How far past the half mark would you estimate you are? Or is this one of those questions you never ask a modder on pain of death? :D

Guest evil overlord of spoons
Ok, I have to type this because I am a glutton for punishment and am extremely curious..... How far past the half mark would you estimate you are?  Or is this one of those questions you never ask a modder on pain of death? :D

dont know the answer to that but for the record cremation or burial?

Guest Menelanna

tell me am I the only one here that can paitenly wait for our hard working modder friend to finish Alkon? would you all give him a break from these questions so that he can use his time FINISHING Alkon insead of answering your questions.

BigRob I am new to all these mods, but I must say from what I read on this guy he sounds GREAT, I just finished Kelsey and am now patiently waiting your monk. Keep up the good work. Remind me to send you my world famous fudge cookies when you finish a my thanks to you.

Thanks for the interest everyone. :D To borrow a phrase, I'll try to make sure you're not disapointed. Real life commitments are eating into my writing time at the moment, but that should be more or less done in a couple of weeks, so progress should be picking up again shortly.

Ok, I have to type this because I am a glutton for punishment and am extremely curious..... How far past the half mark would you estimate you are?  Or is this one of those questions you never ask a modder on pain of death? :D

You ask this question on pain of me being wildly innaccurate. At this time, I'd say that text writing is about 70% done. So that's the Lovetalks, Flirts and Force-talk options. Banters, NPC Romance and quests to take up the other half, not counting interjections.

Bear in mind though that I said 60% when I'd finished the Lovetalks...

BigRob I am new to all these mods, but I must say from what I read on this guy he sounds GREAT, I just finished Kelsey and am now patiently waiting your monk. Keep up the good work. Remind me to send you my world famous fudge cookies when you finish a my thanks to you.

Ooo, fudge... wait, after I've finished? Awww. *scribbles furiously* :D

Guest Noctalys

*Mr. Burns voice* eeeeeeexxxxcelent...... *end Mr. Burns voice*

Hey man, I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to be working too hard these next few weeks, what with turkey day coming up and the "buy stuff early for christmas to avoid the rush even though christmas is over a month away because this is what smart people do" thing. Although for all I know you could be doing something completely different. I cannot fathom the secret minds of modders...... perhaps I should make that a new reality tv show. And Ratings saw that it was good.

Ok, guess I better quit wasting your time with babbling incoherently and just cheer you on as was the original intent of this post. *Cheer* YOU WIN MILLION DOLLAH!

Hi! I'm new to this particular forum. I hope I haven't missed the answer to this question somewhere so I'll hope for the best and ask. Are you planning on releasing TOB with SOA at the same time, or will SOA come first and then TOB will come out at a later date? I ask because I prefer both at once since I seem to play thru BGII rather quickly because I, like others, know it so well!

I haven't actually answered this anywhere before, but I'm intending seperate SoA and ToB releases. I know it would be better overall to release them both at the same time, but if I do that you could be waiting a long time. Also, as this is my first mod, I'd like to get a basic version tested and out there so I can learn to start dealing with bugfixes.

However, I'm thinking about Aklon's ToB content as I write, so with luck I should be able to get ToB out very fast.

On another note, my real life commitments have been dealt with, I'm getting back into the writing now.

Edited by BigRob
Guest Menelanna

Hey BigRob, glad to here you can work on Aklon again. You are getting closer to those fudge cookies I promised. But remember they are for AFTER I have downloaded this monk of yours, not before. Keep up the good work, Aklon sound like he is going to be a real sweet guy :)

Hey, Rob, glad to see you working again. You might consider what I am thinking of doing with Kivan:

1) Finish SoA and put the SoA into closed Beta.

2) Work on ToB part.

3) Put ToB into closed beta

4) Fix all the stuff reported in SOA portion.

5) Fix the stuff reported in ToB part

6) Release the whole thing open beta. :)

2) Work on ToB part.

And after this, you'll still consider it an open beta? It is going to be an industrial release at the very least.

I think that the new public release needs to have a beta tag for a while, to give a warning that the mod is fresh and could have a missed bug, or a grammar glitch. Especially if the # of beta-testers is not high. Which may not be the case for Aklon, but will be for Kivan.

Hey, Rob, glad to see you working again. You might consider what I am thinking of doing with Kivan:

2) Work on ToB part.

6) Release the whole thing open beta. :)

That's an interesting way to do things and I might actually take that plan up. There are a couple of things in Aklon's storyline that would be easier for the player to remember if there wasn't a six month break between playing SoA and ToB. :O

And thanks to everyone else for the enouragement. I'll keep at it. :)

I'm not sure where to post praise here, seeing how this is my first ever post on this site. Previously I was just an unresigestered lurker who was getting her first taste of BGII mods... that was a couple months ago. This is one mod that interest me greatly. Everything seems so well thought out and the protrait made for it is just beautiful.

And I can't think of what else to say due to a sudden headache.. what a way to end a first post, eh?