Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

I can't wait! I know Aklon should be out pretty soon. You know, I think those of us who would NEVER let Aerie be romanced by Aklon, much less have her in the same party, should have a release for us and the Aerie-lovers can wait for the V2. :)

Well, I can hope, can't I?

I second that idea, even 3rd and 4th it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Celticrose

I can't wait! I know Aklon should be out pretty soon. You know, I think those of us who would NEVER let Aerie be romanced by Aklon, much less have her in the same party, should have a release for us and the Aerie-lovers can wait for the V2. :)

Well, I can hope, can't I?

I second that idea, even 3rd and 4th it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Celticrose

;) I'm glad I'm not alone in this wish!

Do I detect a hint of anti-Aerie feeling in the air? :)

As I may have mentioned before, there will be opportunites for those unwilling to share Aklon (or Aerie, come to that) to snipe, sabotage and generally object to their relationship.

In terms of progress, I finished another dialogue last night and have made a start on the next. There's only about three to go before I'm done with her. I'll post something up on the progress thread when I have a little more done.

a hint of anti-Aerie feelings? Come on BigRob you MUST have know from the start how we girls felt about that wingless brat! I do remember me making a post about shoving her into a dragon's lair. My friend was horrified by that concept. He said I needed to season her first! I totally agreeded with him too!

Well anyhow...I will be awaiting you next update and any spoilers you may give us! Any chance of me getting my monk before the new year? Or at least before my birthday? (in feb) Keep up the good work!

I don't think Aklon dislikes Aerie, but I think there might be a few people here who don't care for her much.

Not a big fan of NPC-bashing myself. After all, your least favorite NPC is bound to be someone else's favorite.

Now *in-character* NPC dislike is another story. If there is a legitimate reason for one NPC to loathe and abhor another, so much the better, a *little* abuse would be appropriate.

I could see Aklon getting along poorly with Edwin. Edwin thinks he is better than everyone else, and does not object to the idea of slavery. Aklon might have a hard time getting past that.

a hint of anti-Aerie feelings? Come on BigRob you MUST have know from the start how we girls felt about that wingless brat! I do remember me making a post about shoving her into a dragon's lair. My friend was horrified by that concept. He said I needed to season her first! I totally agreeded with him too!

Well anyhow...I will be awaiting you next update and any spoilers you may give us! Any chance of me getting my monk before the new year? Or at least before my birthday? (in feb) Keep up the good work!

If I can keep up my current speed, I hope to have the writing finished by the end of the year. Then I'll work on getting things coded. That might take a while, but there's a lot of reseources and expertise here, so I'll try and see if early next year will work for an alpha/beta release.

As for spoilers, I'll see about psoting a little something from the banters/romance sometime soon.

The mod isn't going to have TOO much anti-aerie in it, is it? :)

I have a hard time playing Kelsey because of the anti-anomen in it.

No, there's not all that much anti-Aerie in the mod. Aklon certainly isn't against her (they are romancing, after all). What there is is mostly PC driven, so you don't have to snipe if you don't want to. You can even be encouraging to the two of them, if you want.

There is some abuse of her from certain NPCs, but it's rare and I've tried to keep it in character with what's already in the game (Korgan, for example).

I don't think Aklon dislikes Aerie, but I think there might be a few people here who don't care for her much.

Not a big fan of NPC-bashing myself. After all, your least favorite NPC is bound to be someone else's favorite.

Now *in-character* NPC dislike is another story. If there is a legitimate reason for one NPC to loathe and abhor another, so much the better, a *little* abuse would be appropriate.

I could see Aklon getting along poorly with Edwin. Edwin thinks he is better than everyone else, and does not object to the idea of slavery. Aklon might have a hard time getting past that.

You've got that right, Edwin and Aklon do not get along very well, for all kinds of reasons...

I'm making sure that each NPCs interactions with Aklon (and his with them) are written in character as much as possible and not bashing NPCs for the sake of it. Aklon will have some conflict with Anomen, for example, as the two of them are not really compatible personalities and they might also be rivals for CHARNAME's love, but I won't have Aklon "win" all the conflicts. I'm also balancing this with some instances where they show respect and even camaraderie for one another.

Edited by BigRob

Thats good to hear. :)

Oh yeah, I expect some to be in it, both because the PC has to have a voice for as many people as can be managed, and because I'd want it to stay as much to the NPC's BioWare personality as possible.

I was just basically hoping for nothing really over the top, even in PC options.. I'd like any 'jump at her and eat her eyeballs out of her head' options to be late in the.. hate trees.. if at all.. :)

That's also nice to know about Anomen. ;)

Edited by Riviera
I was just basically hoping for nothing really over the top, even in PC options.. I'd like any 'jump at her and eat her eyeballs out of her head' options to be late in the.. hate trees.. if at all.. :)

All the options are for verbal sniping/getting Aklon away from her only, though you can get rather... upset. I figure if players want to pluck out Aerie's eyes, there's always the attack button to click. :)

Edited by BigRob
The mod isn't going to have TOO much anti-aerie in it, is it? :)

I have a hard time playing Kelsey because of the anti-anomen in it.

Have you ever played Beyond the Law and not romanced Ano? If not, maybe you shouldn't. I think you would find the Anomen-bashing a bit too much. I don't care for Ano myself (well, I don't like nor dislike him), and even I thought it was over the top at times. I think BigRob won't go too far, tho. :)

Edited by Minarvia