Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

Thanks Domi. From the NPCs it's mostly simple Peanut Gallery stuff, but for the PC, I figured sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, so why not let the PC be able to break in on some NPC canoodling.

Mmmm, sounds like a tactic my Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil PCs would eagerly employ. I don't suppose we'll have any opinions to try and subtly (or perhaps not so subtly)...'dissuade' the wingless dove from her pursuit of Aklon? Maybe something along the lines of informing her of the PC's great attachment to the worldly monk and the unspeakable agony that would result if some selfish individual decided to intrude upon their love. The agony of, say, having one's arms and legs brutally sawed off as well as their wings?

After all, isn't all fair in love and war? :)

In all seriousness, though, this sounds like a fantastic mod with a wonderfully engaging NPC! I can't wait until it's finished.

Thanks for that vote of confidence Proserpina. A heavy couple of weeks at work have slowed the writing somewhat, but I'm still hoping to get all the principle writing out of the way before year's end.

In terms of being able to actively tell Aerie where to go, this option already exists in the conflict interjections the PC has. However, I'll have a think about adding some more comprehensive options for a private conversation between Aerie and the PC.

Thanks for the encouragement Stnemele Faerie. :p

The savage workload that slowed the writing up over the last couple of weeks has let up and I'm hoping to do some catching up this week. There's only 2 Aerie Romance talks to go, so hopefully I should be able to post a more complete update in the progress report thread very soon!

:p

Thanks for the encouragement Stnemele Faerie. :)

The savage workload that slowed the writing up over the last couple of weeks has let up and I'm hoping to do some catching up this week. There's only 2 Aerie Romance talks to go, so hopefully I should be able to post a more complete update in the progress report thread very soon!

I for one feel a "happy-dance" coming on! :p

Keep up the hard work!

Celtic Rose

Progress has been made! Yay! :D

I think you'll find that the process of doing Aerie's conflicts will help make Anomen's go faster. The perspective is different, but a lot of the material will cover the same ground.

Or not. Your love triangle has just acquired an extra side. If the pc is female and Anomen and Aklon are both competing for her attention, and Aerie is competing with the PC for Aklon's attention, it sounds like you've got a good line-up for the Jerry Springer show.

Unfortunately, Anomen is also 3 people wrapped up in one uptight, sexually repressed bundle: Anomen Delryn, son of Lord Cor Delryn; Anomen, late of the Order of the Radiant Heart and recent convert to the whims of chaotic neutrality; and Sir Anomen, Knight of the Order of the Radiant Heart.

You're going to have to account for all three. I imagine Aklon would have more trouble with CN Anomen than with Anomen Delryn or with Sir Anomen.

But for all that, will it really matter? CN Anomen doesn't act all that different than LN Anomen or even LG Anomen. Except with regards to members of the Order and with Aerie...

Back to paragraph 3. Suppose the pc has just chosen Aklon over Anomen and Aklon has just chosen the pc over Aerie. What is going to happen when Anomen and Aerie come to blows after Anomen's ejection from the Order?

Sorry, I've been wrestling with one of the heavier LTs all evening, and am in an odd frame of mind.

Ooh... That will make for some funny talks. I can just see Anomen losing his cool and dropping his mace on his toe.... :D

But, Aklon should be nice to him. I've always felt sorry for the bugger, but it's not his fault that he never got any. Okay, it is his fault, but he can't help it. He's just got an ego that compensates for what he lacks.

Okay, too much Anomen bashing. But keep up the writing. Love triangles can be interesting. Or love squares. Pentagons. Circles with tangent lines...

Geometry aside, godspeeed, BigRob.

Progress has been made! Yay! :D

Thanks. :) Of course, you know how progress can be. I'm looking forward to the next progress post not taking orders of months to appear.

I think you'll find that the process of doing Aerie's conflicts will help make Anomen's go faster. The perspective is different, but a lot of the material will cover the same ground.

That's true. It's certainly given me a perspective on where, when and how to place them. The material will be a little different though, as Aklon and Anomen don't get on very well to start with, where I had to allow some different angles for a PC/Aerie conflict. Some of Anomen's stuff is already done, being part of the main Aklon romance track, so I've got a starting point to work from, which I didn't have for Aerie.

Or not. Your love triangle has just acquired an extra side. If the pc is female and Anomen and Aklon are both competing for her attention, and Aerie is competing with the PC for Aklon's attention, it sounds like you've got a good line-up for the Jerry Springer show.

The show's booked in for next year. :D

Including Haer'Dalis in that mess, you've got a love pentagon.... I've tried to pre-build some of that into Aerie's talks, but when all the NPC bantering is done, I'll probably need to go back and add a few extras to really capture the complexity of all those raging emotions.

Unfortunately, Anomen is also 3 people wrapped up in one uptight, sexually repressed bundle: Anomen Delryn, son of Lord Cor Delryn; Anomen, late of the Order of the Radiant Heart and recent convert to the whims of chaotic neutrality; and Sir Anomen, Knight of the Order of the Radiant Heart.

You're going to have to account for all three. I imagine Aklon would have more trouble with CN Anomen than with Anomen Delryn or with Sir Anomen.

But for all that, will it really matter? CN Anomen doesn't act all that different than LN Anomen or even LG Anomen. Except with regards to members of the Order and with Aerie...

They're all relatively similar. Sir Anomen becomes a lot less antagonistic, but he retains a lot of his stiffness and general disregard for things he considers beneath him. Chaotic Neutral Anomen becomes a lot more aggressive and retains his arrogance, but he does loosen up his sense of nobility.

Aklon doesn't get along with any of them, but you're right that he will get along with CN Anomen the worst of all. And that won't all be Anomen's fault, Aklon is generally patient and tolerant, but he has his lapses. With Sir Anomen, there is a chance that they will become relatively friendly, but there'll need to be a specific chain of events to do that.

Back to paragraph 3. Suppose the pc has just chosen Aklon over Anomen and Aklon has just chosen the pc over Aerie. What is going to happen when Anomen and Aerie come to blows after Anomen's ejection from the Order?

Aklon's basic reaction to that event will be similar regardless of what state the romances are at. What the romances will do is modify just how far Aklon's willing to go and what he might do afterwards.

Sorry, I've been wrestling with one of the heavier LTs all evening, and am in an odd frame of mind.

The layers of complexity just keep stacking up, don't they? :p

Ooh... That will make for some funny talks. I can just see Anomen losing his cool and dropping his mace on his toe.... :D

The boy has a temper, that's for sure. But maybe he'd drop that mace so CHARNAME could kiss him better? :)

But, Aklon should be nice to him. I've always felt sorry for the bugger, but it's not his fault that he never got any. Okay, it is his fault, but he can't help it. He's just got an ego that compensates for what he lacks.

Anomen does have problems, no matter what alignment stage he's at. Aklon and Anomen rub each other the wrong way, but there will be a kind of mutual respect between them. They're both warriors and each has qualities that the other will grudgingly admire.

Okay, too much Anomen bashing. But keep up the writing. Love triangles can be interesting. Or love squares. Pentagons. Circles with tangent lines...

Geometry aside, godspeeed, BigRob.

Thanks for the well wishes, I'll try to keep the speed as close to god-like as mortally possible. :p

Glad to see some stuff happening. Can't wait to see this guy finished!

Edit: asked a question that was just answered and erased it so no one will know about my blond moment. wait...i just told you guys I had a blond moment...*smacks herself in the head*

Edited by Menelanna
Glad to see some stuff happening. Can't wait to see this guy finished!

Thanks Menelanna, I'll see what I can do to keep that wait as short as possible. :D

Ooh, here's a nasty one. Suppose Aklon has already chosen the pc over Aerie, but then the pc goes and chooses CN Anomen over Aklon. That would make for some good drama when Anomen and Aerie spar.

Oh yes, many confused and frustrated emotions boiling around will certainly make for a... complicated stand-off. :) It's a distinct possibility too, especially if the player picks up Aklon, Aerie and Anomen fairly close together.

I started working on this last night, actually, and including that scenario, I've currently got six different ways for Aklon to react to Anomen's little loss of temper.

Excellent to see the progress, BigRob!! Since it is the insane season, I won't jump up and down about it being Summer already. :D

Oh yes, many confused and frustrated emotions boiling around will certainly make for a... complicated stand-off. :) It's a distinct possibility too, especially if the player picks up Aklon, Aerie and Anomen fairly close together.

I started working on this last night, actually, and including that scenario, I've currently got six different ways for Aklon to react to Anomen's little loss of temper.

Well depending on how laidback Aklon is feeling about the situation, perhaps the PC needs to take Anomen aside for a tumble in the hay...ahh all for the sake of party unity, of course. :p

(Somehow, though, I don't think Aklon is going to be that laidback! :D )

Excellent to see the progress, BigRob!! Since it is the insane season, I won't jump up and down about it being Summer already. :D

*cough* Well, there's still two months of summer left...

Obviously the place where I work is going to have to have one of those accidental burnings down that sometimes happen.

Well depending on how laidback Aklon is feeling about the situation, perhaps the PC needs to take Anomen aside for a tumble in the hay...ahh all for the sake of party unity, of course. :p

Oh, of course. Anything to relieve party tension, right?

(Somehow, though, I don't think Aklon is going to be that laidback! :D )

Maybe if he's spent to much time with his Pharmacopoeia... :)