Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

Well, I'm not holding my breath that ToB's gonna be any easier, but there shouldn't be as much writing at least. :p

Hi! I'm new to the whole scene of BG2 modding (and gaming, it's only been a few months ago since I've found a copy), and I've been looking through Aklon's progress for a few weeks now, and I've been very eager about its release, since I've been looking for a good romanceable Monk NPC that I can use for my female PC (so I can have the different party dynamics than with a male PC). The banters and the personality I've seen from Aklon's development has been superb so far, IMO,and am intrigued by the Pharmacopoiea item. All I can say is keep it up, great job thus far! :hm:

Hi DocLem, thank you for the kind words. I hope the final product lives up to expectations. And welcome to G3! :p

Anyway, I've been so excited with this mod that I've been planning a party for play once it sees release, and I thought about maybe using Kelsey as my party's spellcaster (I don't like using Edwin), and I've got to ask: will Aklon have any content for other NPC mods? At least the major ones? It'll be great if he has interactions with Kelsey, or at least maybe kill the romances for Kelsey (I'm gonna romance Aklon, obviously :( ). Though I understand it's enough work already for the other NPCs though, just gotta ask :)

Anyhoo...I'm looking forward to its release, hope we can see it soon :p Thanks!

Once I'm done with the main writing for SoA, I will be putting together some banters and interactions for mod NPCs as well (Via the Cross-Mod Banter Pack forum also at G3). That will depend on getting consent from the mod's original makers to put them in, so hopefully you'll see things for Kelsey and other NPCs as well, but we'll see how well my writing agrees with the originals first. There will almost certainly be reactions for the G3 NPC's, and I have had some thoughts about Amber already (that I really really need to chase up again :) ).

That's great! :) Now I'll let myself be as I obsess over my party choices for my next game (with Aklon of course...haha)

Welcome to the forum, DocLem. I'm with you on this. I have been checking here every day in hopes of a ready-for-romance Aklon. I know that it is silly and I should just be patient, but it is hard. Aklon is fascinating and well-written and it is hard to not want him "right now!" Plus, he's easy on the eyes, yes?

Lemme see...

Aklon (well, duh!), Anomen, Aerie, Haer'Dalis, and I'm going to need a thief and a mage. And one of them has to be the PC, so, maybe PC as a fighter/mage and Yoshimo/Imoen?

What, no Minsc!? That's my failing with this game, I can never have a party without Minsc (unless I'm evil of course), so I always limit myself party wise. :)

But back on topic, I like your party idea. The only thing I would do differently is be a pure fighter or paladin or w/e front line fighter. Aerie and Imoen can fill out the mage roll, unless, of course, you prefer being a magic caster. I'm always hesitant to dual/multi class because I feel like I'm not as strong then as I do when I'm a pure w/e.

Well I think we're all just a little anxious for Aklon to come out. I keep having to stop myself from playing again, so I can save it all for Aklon. :hm: Keep up the awesome work BigRob!!!

Hmmm. Valid point. Forgot about Aerie. I usually just peg her as "redundant" and tend to forget that she can actually do stuff every once in a while.

And I was bemoaning the fact that poor, doomed-to-be-rejected Anomen would have to hold the frontline all by himself. I'm not confident enough using monks to want to risk Aklon until I've practiced a bit. I've run a lot of paladins. Maybe I'll just do a straight fighter or a ranger for a change of pace.

Or, maybe I'll be too busy modding myself to play anyway. :)

Welcome to the forum, DocLem. I'm with you on this. I have been checking here every day in hopes of a ready-for-romance Aklon. I know that it is silly and I should just be patient, but it is hard. Aklon is fascinating and well-written and it is hard to not want him "right now!" Plus, he's easy on the eyes, yes?

Thanks! Hahaha...I'm doing the exact same thing, checking in on the page every 2 days or so, finding out, in vain, that there's still no release. :) I guess he is indeed easy on the eyes, but I'd rather not comment on his looks (I'm a guy), and rather focus on his story and character :hm: He'll be the first romanceable male I'll try out.

Edited by DocLem

Thanks! Hahaha...I'm doing the exact same thing, checking in on the page every 2 days or so, finding out, in vain, that there's still no release. :hm: I guess he is indeed easy on the eyes, but I'd rather not comment on his looks (I'm a guy), and rather focus on his story and character :) He'll be the first romanceable male I'll try out.

Heh, oops! I assumed from your avatar you were a gal. Sorry! Well, for us girls, he is pretty yummy. I usually don't care for blondes, but Aklon pulls it off for me. :) Regardless, his story sounds fascinating. Him being a slave will be quite a unique angle. Of course I'll free him. I don't intend to go the evil route. At least not for the first run-thru with him... :p

Not a hard mistake to make, though. Ambiguous nickname, picture of a woman, on a forum about an incredibly hot NPC... had me fooled.

But it's nice to see that men aren't completely ignoring Aklon. I was beginning to think that poor BigRob would be all by himself here, among all these women lusting after... Aklon. :)

Well, I'm trying to put things together so that even those not really interested in romancing Aklon will still have access to a complex and interesting NPC. Access to player initiated dialogues and backstory encounters is pretty much the same for romancers and non-romancers, and there is a friendship path as well as the romance path to explore.

Hopefully that should be enough for at least one replay's worth of interesting stuff. :)

Aklon (well, duh!), Anomen, Aerie, Haer'Dalis, and I'm going to need a thief and a mage.

So, Berelinde, going to be stress testing the romantic pentagon? :hm:

Only have 2 seats, and one of them has to be the pc. I'm thinking ranger pc and Yoshi/Imoen because I happen to like Imoen, but that's just me.

Who am I kidding. I'm never going to actually be able to play this to completion. Or maybe I might. Depends. I *am* going to have to do another run through just to reaffirm my interjection points...