Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

Okay. You can have a whole bottle then. I recommend Cooper's Sparkling Ale. It's naturally bottle conditioned which leaves a lovely yeasty sediment. (Makes it pratically count as a meal too! :) )

A nutritious and refreshing summer beverage. ;)

Can I put in a request for one of those Haer'Dalis banters?

Also, Happy Holidays! May they be safe, fun, relaxing and creatively fruitful.

I think Haer'Dalis might make a special Christmas performance.

Thanks KIrving, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you too, I hope I'll have some mice shiny banters ready for 2009.

Just how many percent of this project is actually done? I've been lurking hear for years, and I haven't seen a percentage of what is done and what is not. I know you're doing your best and all, and that real life always gets in the way, but at least give some love to your fans. I'm literally just waiting for the release of Aklon so I could re-play BGII again. And I'd want to know if what I'm waiting for is for naught or not. Thanks.

First up, thanks for hanging on for so long, Patiently Waiting, it means a lot to me to hear that there are people just waiting for Aklon to come out to play BG2 again. Hoestly though, there are heaps of good mods out there, you shouldn't miss out on those while waiting for me to finish up.

I do apologise for the slowness of my progress, I can only offer that timeworn excuse of real life intruding on my time (and at times desire) to write, but I am committed to getting Aklon completed.

I can't really give a percent complete, however, since every time I've done it so far (if you look at some of the earlier progress reports I used to), they've always turned out to be horribly incorrect, and sadly, the same with completion estimates for time. I think the last one I posted said I thought I'd be done by the end of this year. So I really don't want to raise hopes more than is warranted.

What I can do, though, is tell you what's been done so far and what's left to go so you can get a guage on roughly how long there is to wait. Banters should be the thing taking up the most time, with the possible exception of coding, which may take me a while to get the hang of, quests, interjects and the Slave track, I should be able to get through with some speed, as these have defined goals.

So what's been done: Romance track, Force-talk options (romance and friend), Flirts (Aklon), Flirts (PC), Banters (Aerie, Anomen, Cernd, Edwin, 50% Haer'Dalis), NPC romance (Aerie), Early Coding (Thanks Berelinde!)

What's left to do: Banters (all other NPCs), NPC Romance conflict (Haer'Dalis), Slave Aklon track, Interjections, Quests (Getting Aklon's Pharmacopoeia, Removing the Collar, Ano'Garhm: Stranger in a Strange Land), Coding.

I hope that goes some way to answering what you wanted to know. Thanks again for being patient for so long with my writing speed.

Guest Patiently Waiting

Hey, no sweat. Thanks for the reply! I'm kinda just waiting for this mod since I've played a whole lot of mods even before (tried Kelsey, a bit of Solaufein, Tsujatha, etc.) and Aklon seems to be the best fit to my idea of a party. And yes, I don't exaggerate when I say it's been years I've been following this project, always kinda hoping it'll be done the next time I visit. Glad to hear that you're still working on it though. You've done a great job so far, and I still can't wait for it to release, and despite my 'rants', I'll still be among the first to download it when it's done. Good luck!

Hey, just like to say that I'm looking forward to this very much :D Any word on a release date, even a beta release? Like is this gonna be released in a few weeks or months? Am kinda about to start a new BG2 playthrough one of these days, and am looking for a Monk character to test them out. And Aklon sounds great :D

I have also played lots of other romances like Tsujatha, Kelsey, Solaufein, Kivan, Xan, ect. My favorite being Tsujatha hands down. But this sounds like it will be so much fun I can't wait! good luck and hope to see it out soon.

Thanks Deathangel, I'll try to make sure that the wait is not so much longer and hopefully at least partially worth it. :D

Hey, just like to say that I'm looking forward to this very much :D Any word on a release date, even a beta release? Like is this gonna be released in a few weeks or months? Am kinda about to start a new BG2 playthrough one of these days, and am looking for a Monk character to test them out. And Aklon sounds great :D

And thanks to you as well, DocLem. Unfortunately the release date is likely to be masured in months at the moment. Now is one of the busiest times of the year in real life for me, but I will be making an effort to ensure I keep progress going and that should keep things a litle quicker. I'd estimate I'll be done this year (knock on wood), but hopefully the SoA beta should be ready before then.

Sorry I won't give a real date, but every time I have, I've overrun it badly. Better to be vague than disapointing, I think. :angry:

Ayt! I really am waiting for this release, the other Monk NPCs I've seen are, shall we say, less than appealing. So I'm excited over this mod, even just a Beta release. I really hope it arrives soon :D BTW, have you seen these threads on GameFAQs by DarthMordechai?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=41439809

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=44056480

I'm wondering what your thoughts regarding them are with regards to Aklon, considering he's the most cynical mod critic I've seen out there lol :D

I'm wondering what your thoughts regarding them are with regards to Aklon, considering he's the most cynical mod critic I've seen out there lol

I didn't read far enough to see any reference to Aklon, but I wouldn't pay much attention to what he says anyway.

It appears that he enjoys using the anonymity of the internet in order to tear other people down. There is such a thing as *helpful* criticism, and then there's such a thing as simply being a jerk. I think he falls into the latter catagory.

Good luck finishing Aklon BigRob! :D

I'm wondering what your thoughts regarding them are with regards to Aklon, considering he's the most cynical mod critic I've seen out there lol

I didn't read far enough to see any reference to Aklon, but I wouldn't pay much attention to what he says anyway.

It appears that he enjoys using the anonymity of the internet in order to tear other people down. There is such a thing as *helpful* criticism, and then there's such a thing as simply being a jerk. I think he falls into the latter catagory.

Good luck finishing Aklon BigRob! :D

I agree. There is criticism, and then there is being hateful for shits and giggles/just to be hateful. That really annoys me. :D

On a more positive note, I have brought offerings of nutella for the muses in the hopes that they will be especially generous with the inspiration. :D

I'm actually not dead. I think. Night shift does funny things to a person.

That's not cynical. I'm cynical. That guy's just a(n) *insert obscenity of choice here*. I wouldn't listen to a single word he spews forth.

Aaaanyway, I am also one of the rabid fangirls awaiting our dear Aklon, and I'm certain he will be worth the wait. Devoting so much time and detail to a project is a good sign in my book, so I'll continue to wait patiently. :D

Thanks for the encouragement DocLem, SMichelle and Riviera (may the nightshift merely allow you to watch daytime television)! Whoops, and Aeryn, posting sneakily there.

The muses have been working well on such offerings as nutella, since I've now completed Haer'Dalis' banters. I just have to write up Aklon's part in Aerie's romance conflict with Haer'Dalis and we're on to Imoen town.

As for DarthMordechai, I do agree that his criticisms are generally not helpful, and I suspect mostly played for laughs. He could also be hideously cynical and have extremely high standards, especially since he said that Bioware can't write romances, but that the Bioware 3 are better than any mod romance yet produced. I've been accused of something similar for picking holes in movies. :D

I suspect there will be things in Aklon that he would/will criticise harshly. Likewise that not everyone will like the things I've ended up writing for him and many may be disappointed when he's finally released (hopefully that won't be all of you out there). I like criticism of my work, as it helps me to improve it, though there is a point at which some people just fundamentally do not like a certain style/idea. It's just something I'm going to have to live with.

Edited by BigRob
Guest Guest

Haven't been here for months, maybe years. I don't even remember my acc data, but I'm still supporting you in your writing, just so you know! Glad you're not dead. I can't stop regretting JPS abandoning HDR ):

Thanks very much for the support, I apprecaite people taking the time out to give it to me. Sadly, real life does get us all from time to time, and I suspect that's exactly what happened to JPS. I've been a lot more delayed on writing in the last few weeks than I'd like (heavy work requirements and a replacing a dying hard drive), but I'm hoping to have more progress to report shortly.

Thanks very much for the support, I apprecaite people taking the time out to give it to me. Sadly, real life does get us all from time to time, and I suspect that's exactly what happened to JPS. I've been a lot more delayed on writing in the last few weeks than I'd like (heavy work requirements and a replacing a dying hard drive), but I'm hoping to have more progress to report shortly.

Real life does put a damper on things. But glad to know you are still plugging along. Hope you backed up all your hard work before your hard-drive started to die. :D

When you find you need a pick-me for you, or your muses, just whistle. Glad to be of help.

CelticRose

P.S. Lá Fhéile Pádraig (Happy St Patrick's Day) :p :p

Real life does put a damper on things. But glad to know you are still plugging along. Hope you backed up all your hard work before your hard-drive started to die. :D

Thanks, yeah, real life always does seem to find a way to muscle in on things. Aklon is backed up regularly (as in, whenever I write anything), and fortunately I didn't lose anything major in the dying drive, just a few replaceable bits. It is a major incentive for me to back up the rest of my stuff though.

When you find you need a pick-me for you, or your muses, just whistle. Glad to be of help.

CelticRose

P.S. Lá Fhéile Pádraig (Happy St Patrick's Day) :p :p

And an Happy Saint Patick's day to you as well. :D Thanks for the encouragement CelticRose, I'll plug on and bring Aklon forth as fast as green beer will allow. :)

Edited by BigRob