Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

Guest Bloghdaw

Not a long time follower (I wasn't old enough to enjoy BG when it came out, and was to naive to realize there were mods when i finally got the chance), but I've gotten back into the game and this looks amazing. I can't do much in the way of help (I don't even understand the basics of modding with the Infinity engine), but this post contains three tons of support that i hope is useful

No, not at all. I actually managed to get some more writing done this week, though I do need to sit down and do a lot more if I want to get at least SoA finished this year, as I hope to. That's cold comfort for all you you still waiting so patiently, I'm afraid. With work winding back to something more reasonable now, I hope to have more to show for all of you soon.

Edited by BigRob

At a conservative guess, I've got 70% of SoA done and 5-10% of ToB done. Some of the material I have left for SoA should write a bit faster because I have the plots already worked out in my head, but a big chunk of what's eft for SoA is banters, which do come out more slowly while I play around with the ideas and make something coherent come out the other end.

Welcome aboard, Nightwoe, hopefully you and everyone else won't have too long to wait.

Molly, I'll not be releasing an official Beta, since once I get it to that stage, I'll be trying to get testing done to do the full release as soon as possible. I'm a bit leery of releasing something to people when I haven't got most potential gamebreaking bugs sorted out first and disappointing them.

Hey, I've been around for years, and I still haven't given up on Aklon, so I'm willing to wait a little longer (especially if it means less potential gamebreaking bugs).

Hang in there, BigRob, we're all rooting for ya! (and Aklon, of course!) :cool:

Thanks very much Guest, I'll do my best to get AKlon out in some kind of reasonable timeframe!

In temrs of release style, Huzzhfortimelines, I was hoping to do a combined release for SoA and ToB, though given the time taken to get this far, a release of SoA first may be in order, then the paired version.