Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

I was going to suggest some of the already mentioned romanceable males the other day (actually thought I did, but I guess my browser's issues were more terminal that day than I thought), but obviously I was beaten to it. :)

Out of interest, is he being released SoA only at first, or all in one go with the ToB portion as well?

And on topic, I'm seconding the question of whether Aklon will just be an SOA release at first.

I'd originally intended to release him all in one go, SoA and ToB portions together though possibly as separate packages to allow just one to be installed at a time. Given my writing speed though, I'm debating whether or not to get Aklon's SoA portion done and released before moving onto working on the ToB portion and his epilogues. Is there a general preference?

Given the likely time-line involved, I'd prefer getting SOA first and waiting on TOB. (Which I almost never play anyway, so lack of TOB content isn't much of an issue for me personally. Those for whom it is an issue are going to have to wait one way or the other anyway.)

Given the likely time-line involved, I'd prefer getting SOA first and waiting on TOB. (Which I almost never play anyway, so lack of TOB content isn't much of an issue for me personally. Those for whom it is an issue are going to have to wait one way or the other anyway.)

I am confused, wouldnt u want a sum up of doing the entrirety of SoA? Otherwise why does ToB even exist....Either way hes released is fine ive been playing this game for 16yrs a little longer wait for ToB content wont kill me

Well, on a personal note, I always play ToB. I must admit I find it a bit of a grind but I am a competionist and I like seeing the additional mod content and epilogues. Otherwise it's a bit like coitus interruptus, eh?

If a ToB portion is in the works, I won't download the mod until it's included. (I have played a few SoA only mods like Keto but then replace the silent NPC with Sarevok or another ToB only character like Irenicus in TLR or Iylos).

(And Jesus, I didn't realise this game had been out 16 years. Now I feel old!)

Heh. My main problem with TOB may very well be that it's so high level, I just haven't figured out how to play it. Been meaning to get through it this summer during Bar study downtime, but I can barely even roll a high level spellcaster without getting flustered trying to choose the best spells.

I've always found letting the characters evolve from SoA helps in that regard, since for the most part you've got spell, weapon and other equipment combos already sorted out, since what works in SoA usually works in ToB.

We seems to be a little split on opinion here. :D I'll aim towards getting at least the SoA portion to alpha level first, but I have been doing some parallel development, doing the occasional bit of writing or idea making that ends up in ToB (and there are some incidents in SoA I'm hoping to have impact in ToB), so hopefully the ToB portion should be finished and entering alpha as I get the SoA into some kind of testable/playable condition.

I have been eyeing this with interest for a while, and it's nice to see an older human npc in the works (speaking as an older chick). Mature romances are usually a bit different, and a nice change-up from the other varieties that I've found in mods. I hope that you get the opportunity to finish this relatively soon :).

(I have played a few SoA only mods like Keto but then replace the silent NPC with Sarevok or another ToB only character like Irenicus in TLR or Iylos).

I've played Keto, another Npc i wish i seen a ending for. Ive played this game hundreds of times at least and see the Epilouges of all the regular Bioware Npcs, and the majority of Mods that have ToB content.....As long as ppl are willing to make mods for this game i'll keep playing it. I play Aion alot right now.

You're most certainly not playing me!

-laughs-

Seriously though, I'd go for a SoA release first, then ToB. I admit I don't care all that much for ToB or getting the epilogues.

It's nice to complete the whole thing, but I prefer SoA anyway. It's longer, for one, and has more story instead of tons of epic battles.

...I'm still here.

Just letting you know, I must be one of the oldest Aklon stalkers you have here :p

I actually saw this: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=17223 and I facepalmed at my crappy remakes. When you will get the mod done, let me know and I will do the hair properly xD

Also, ages ago you asked me if I would voice Aklon's sister, if I recall right. Silly world, I actually got into voice acting a year ago, got a fine equipment now and can pronounce English fluently. If you did not change your mind over the past 3 years, I can still do that as well xD

Take care and good luck with this :p It must be the project that's the longest under construction without dying along the way. Pretty impressive for sure, haha.

Hi Aryene, thanks for hanging on so long, I'm going to keep on working and I'll get him done someday. One of the things that tends to happen with my real-life schedules is that I drift in and out of activity, but if you're still willing to do the voicing for Aklon's sister, then I'd be very happy to have you aboard for that, when I get up to that stage (and the uncertainty over that time is one of the reasons I'm reluctant to talk about this stuff very much). As for remakes of the portraits, I thought the first ones you did were pretty good, but if you can improve on them further, then please feel free. :)

I have to say that I want to be sure a modder is going to complete ToB. This is just my own feeling; but I HATE when a story, especially a romance, is left unfinished. So many do SoA and never finish ToB and then I'm left feeling very let down and upset. As long as you are committed to finishing the romance, I'll play SoA first. But if you weren't really committed, say, then I don't know. I can't take any more romances with no endings. :(

I'll admit I get depressed too easily, tho.