Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

Yay progress :D

What I'd really like to see would be some list of what's-done-what's-to-go since your last was updated... HOLY COW 7 years ago?! What, how is that possible :O This forum must LIE, I haven't been here lurking for 7 years, c'mon...

Sadly, it has been seven years, hopefully I can keep that from ticking over into eight, at least in terms of writing completion.

As to the list of what's done and not done, it's not much different from the previous update, but it would be here now:

Finished:

Main Romance Track

Aklon Flirting

PC Flirting

Player Initiated Dialogues (romance and non romance)

Banters, interactions, NPC romances and conflicts: Aerie, Anomen, Cernd, Edwin, Haer'Dalis, Imoen, most of Jaheira.

Left to go:

Friendship Track (partially completed)

Banters, interactions, NPC romances and conflicts: a few of Jaheira's, Jan, Keldorn, Korgan, Mazzy, Minsc, Nalia, Valygar, Viconia, Yoshimo, the PC.

Quests (planned, but not written)

Interjections into in-game events (planned, but not written)

Coding (somewhat started, thanks to some generous help from Berelinde)

Edited by BigRob

I'll say one thing, it's a testament to your tenacity that you're still at it seven years later!!! I'm still here, as well, BigRob, and Aklon'll be ready when he's ready, but I'm fairly certain there'll be a couple of fan girls still here, waiting to snap him up when he's released. Good luck with juggling RL and modding, we'll be right here when you get back. :)

I'm personally of the opinion that Aklon doesn't need to talk to the other NPCs, or have a quest.. Or a friendship track. Just get him coded and released :D. Heck, imagine all the time that could have been saved not romancing Aerie.... If Aklon chooses her over my poor little bhaalspawn I might have to send Aerie running into that spider den without any spells, and slap that collar right back on him. Wait, did I say that out loud? hehe

Ooh, BigRob and cmorgan should race! No matter who finishes first, we win! :D

Jokes aside, thanks for trekking along. We'll wait for as long as it takes.

I'm personally of the opinion that Aklon doesn't need to talk to the other NPCs, or have a quest.. Or a friendship track. Just get him coded and released :D. Heck, imagine all the time that could have been saved not romancing Aerie.... If Aklon chooses her over my poor little bhaalspawn I might have to send Aerie running into that spider den without any spells, and slap that collar right back on him. Wait, did I say that out loud? hehe

Ooh, BigRob and cmorgan should race! No matter who finishes first, we win! :D

Can we bet on people? I bet on cmorgan. :p

Jokes aside, thanks for trekking along. We'll wait for as long as it takes.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I hope to make the waiting at least somewhat worthwhile, even if you have to drop Aerie in a chasm at some point.

I've been lurking these forums for a few years and finally came out of my shell, sorta... anyway I hope you keep it up and am really looking forward to this guy. Thanks for sticking with it. :D

Then let me say a hearty welcome to G3. Or talking in it, anyways. :) Thank you for sticking around for my egregiously slow writing. Hopefully it won't be too much longer to wait.

Edited by BigRob

For sure, I did want to do some banters with Aran, from what I've read of his history and outlook, he and Aklon could have some interesting discussions.

And I totally agree with winning the lottery, being a Gentleman of Leisure is so much more the thing for writing serious literature, don't you know. :D