IR v3 Feedback

Demivrgvs

Robe of Battlemage

Currently grants +10 hp. I would change that to +20% physical resistance for the following reasons:

1) Unlike HP bonus, resistance does indirectly improve the concentration check.

2) HP bonus is universal, while it's other bonuses - AC and thaco - suggest a physically oriented character. Against spells there is Robe of Weave.

3) For arcane spellcasters phys res is nowhere as life prolonging as it is for melee tank with a load of hit points.

Alternatively - +10% phys res and crit immunity.

I like the 10hp since this is the robe I use almost full-time when playing a fighter/mage (as soon as I get enough spells to warrant wearing a robe), thus I already get crit immunity with helmet, I believe it was designed for that class. Also IR already provides a robe with 10% physical resistance (traveler's?). I think it's fine as it is.

The antidote change would be nice indeed for the poison-heavy fights (wyverns/spiders) when you can get it applied 3+ times/round.

Robe of Battlemage

Currently grants +10 hp. I would change that to +20% physical resistance for the following reasons:

2) HP bonus is universal, while it's other bonuses - AC and thaco - suggest a physically oriented character. Against spells there is Robe of Weave.

3) For arcane spellcasters phys res is nowhere as life prolonging as it is for melee tank with a load of hit points.

Just like Adanhedel said, this robe fits very well a fighter/mage class the way it is now. The name itself "Battlemage" makes us think that it is used by a mage that is often in the front line of the battle. I would keep it the way it is.

Wands

I would increase INT requirement by one, to match 3E's "10 + spell level" formula. Also, I'd restrict Wand of Magic Missiles from non-wizards. I am now was 7th level, and everyone in party can use a wand - to a very devastating effect, when combined in a volley.

I don't remember what the INT requirements for wands are but generally speaking I agree that it should be set rather high. I am less convinced by restricting the Wand of MIssiles from non-wizards. Unless we restrict every other wand. Why just that one? It'd seem inconsistent.

Necklace of Missiles

This is really just a wand worn on one's neck. Perhaps 1/day Fireball, or 3/day if you feel one charge is not enough. For the equipped bonus - +2 saves vs breath, maybe. Or immunity to Fireballs.

I never liked the original concept of this necklace honestly but the suggested changes do not strike me as a valid solution. In my opinion we should rewrite the lore for this necklace and not make it a "wand around the neck", as Ardanis rightly said. I would make it have a limited number of charges (3) and shoot a variable number of +1 magical stones targeting all enemies in a range of 5 feet. A roll to hit would be necessary, of course.

Antidote

Add short-timed immunity to poison. You've already declined the idea in the past, but I feel compelled to try convincing you again. This is a very specialized potion, only useful against several select types of opponents, all of whom tend to poison on every attack, stacking the effect. Fighting off a horde of spiders may mean PC will be poisoned several times during the encounter, and I'm not sure it is both convenient and sensible to guzzle on three bottles, when a single one would do the same - we just didn't want to wait for the poison from two earlier bites to develop too strong.

One turn of immunity to poison opcode is more than enough, if you ask me.

Well, I am still unconvinced. I'd rather keep it to work as it does originally because I wouldn't want to turn an Antidote into an Immunity. We have lots of potions that give resistance and immunity to something. An antidote should have a very different effect, curing from poison, not protecting from it.

Night's Embrace

Reduce the stealth bonus to +20%. This ring is available early on in BG1, and other thieving rings all have +20%.

Boots of Stealth

Again, reduce the bonus to +20%. Two pairs are accessible early, and even if we remove the second, the other one will, together with Night's Embrace, provide a huge +80% bonus for very little trouble. I have made a multi fighter/assassin - thought he'd starve on skill points, - but with these two items and the initial +40% from the investment made upon generation he needs no more to hide well in shadowed areas!

I agree with leania here. The proposed changes will cut in half the original bonus and it takes into consideration another case-limit situation where:

1) the player has invested all the initial thieving skill points into Hide in Shadow

2) one character is wearing both the Night's Embrace and the Boots of Stealth

I'd keep them the way they are.

Cloak of Displacement

May I request the removal of blur state? Annoying as hell, it is.

There is already a SCS tweak that does this ("Remove blur effect from displacer cloak").

Ankheg Plate Mail +2

For a DEX fighter it is the best armor in BG1, better than Fullplate +1. Unlike the latter, however, Ankheg is available almost from the start - even if we ignore the hidden cache in Nashkel (I've got a plan how to deal nicely with such places), I still can get it normally from Taerom soon enough.

In BG2 it is also an excellent choice for Jaheira, if party visits Windspear Hills early. All in all, reduce the enchantment by 1.

The 25% acid resistance is pretty useless, I'd make it 50%, so that it will matter at least sometimes. Also for consistency with dragon armor.

I am not sure I understand what you mean with "consistency" (even in relation to Night's Embrace above). Consistency is not making different items give the same bonus but rather make sure that the same items do. The Ankheg Plate Mail and the Dragon Armor are not the same thing so it is perfectly fine that they provide different bonuses of the same kind. It is powerful indeed but it is not better than a non magical full plate armor. Considering that it is magical and will thus interfere with wearing magical items of protection and that it does have a unique background, I would not change anything about it. The acid bonus is a little extra that won't make much difference from not having it (but it is nice, lore-wise).

Ring of Energy

Maybe change the custom Energy Blast to Magic Missiles?

Why?

Shield Amulet

Imo +2 AC is too brutal. Even if it is only +1, that still stacks with Rings of Protection.

I don't think a +2 AC bonus is so extreme that we should cut the efficiency of this amulet in half.

Neb's Nasty Cutter

It is very easy to obtain for free, yet it acts as a Dagger of Venom with Keen ability. I would make it +1.

It's an item restricted to evil characters and in the Notes Demi says: "I've removed the bastard sword-like 2d4 damage output and made it use dagger's 1d4. Vanilla's slow + poison effect really don't work well on the same weapon (the former hinders the latter), thus I've replaced them with two 'disease' effects (same concept but more functional). This should also make the Nasty Cutter more unique compared to the Dagger of Venom."

Considering that the damage dealt is much inferior to the vanilla one, I would keep this one as it is.

Potion of Restoration

Too cheap, to the point that in a temple I would rather buy it instead of normal Restoration spell/scroll. 500 gp, or so.

Agreed.

Ring of Djinni Summoming

As discussed earlier, +1 WIS would be perfect for it.

Another stats increasing item? I like the lore and function that it currently has. It does summon a Djinni and makes something more original. No change, in my opinion.

Bolts of Lightning +2

Price should be increased to 50 gp or even more. Very expensive, but devastatingly powerful ammunition.

Bullets of Smiting +3

They cost 35 gp per bullet, imo too low for a +3 bullet with unavoidable 2d3 damage. Acid Arrows and Sunstone Bullets cost 40 gp, doing an equal amount of damage but being only +2 ench.

Sunstone Bullets +2

Their ability is called Sunscorch, perhaps it should also deal extra damage to undead? IIRC in vanilla they were +4, maybe +1/+3 vs undead?

Agreed.

Heart of Golem +2

There are two of copies of it in BG1. If we replace Marek's (?) one with a plain Dagger +2, what would be the purpose of having a +2 specimen with unique description, but no unique abilities?

Also, HotG can be obtain early in game, at the point where a +1 item with a special ability would be more consistent than a plain +2. Come to think of it, Dagger of Venom was made +2 (which is fine imo), so it leaves no special +1 dagger.

+1 STR seems fine to me.

I don't know. It's yet again another item that increases stats and I think there are already too many around.

Robe of Battlemage

I agree it is F/Ms robe, but imo it is thaco and AC bonuses that are the most important here. And in the first place iirc we wanted to add concentration bonus, not HP bonus. The latter is also much more useful for pureclass mages that for F/Ms, no?

Either way, my point is that 20% phys res provides +4 concentration bonus with the appropriate ToBEx's feature, and the ability to successfully maintain the casting is more important than mildly increased health bar, is it not?

Wands

I am less convinced by restricting the Wand of MIssiles from non-wizards. Unless we restrict every other wand. Why just that one? It'd seem inconsistent.
This is the only wand that can be used by everybody, the rest are bard/wizard-only (and thief-, if you install that component).

Antidote

Well, I am still unconvinced. I'd rather keep it to work as it does originally because I wouldn't want to turn an Antidote into an Immunity. We have lots of potions that give resistance and immunity to something. An antidote should have a very different effect, curing from poison, not protecting from it.
Taken in advance, antidote can protect from poisoning fro some time.

Curing poison is also possible with Elixir of Healing, so Antidote is not unique here but inferior in all aspects. I know that healing potions are lesser/normal/greater too, but they are basically indispensable throughout the game, and are quite exclusive to BG1, SoA and ToB respectively.

Cloak of Displacement

There is already a SCS tweak that does this ("Remove blur effect from displacer cloak").
If memory serves, IR v2 had no blur on equip, but only when v2's cloak's ability was activated.

Ankheg's Plate Mail +2

It is powerful indeed but it is not better than a non magical full plate armor.
True, but items within the main component were balanced with the assumption that other recommended components are installed. In this case those would be DEX penalty for heavy armor and the ability to wear items "of Protection" along with a magical suit of armor. With both of them installed, for a character with high dexterity Ankheg is better than even Fullplate +1, not to mention acid resistance and the fact it can be used by a druid.

Acid res bonus, well, you may have a point here, but it really is useless right now, because you can't even stack it with something.

Neb's Nasty Cutter +2

It's an item restricted to evil characters and in the Notes Demi says: "I've removed the bastard sword-like 2d4 damage output and made it use dagger's 1d4. Vanilla's slow + poison effect really don't work well on the same weapon (the former hinders the latter), thus I've replaced them with two 'disease' effects (same concept but more functional). This should also make the Nasty Cutter more unique compared to the Dagger of Venom."

Considering that the damage dealt is much inferior to the vanilla one, I would keep this one as it is.

The online description doesn't match the item, which is +2 and has +10% crit, plus the poison (which also mismatches item's ingame description).

I can only surmise then that the dagger was not updated for v3. Demi?

Shield Amulet

I don't think a +2 AC bonus is so extreme that we should cut the efficiency of this amulet in half.
Not extreme alone, but permanent +2 AC bonus stackable with "of Protection" (and other non-Protection bonuses!) appears unbalanced for BG1/SoA, where this amulet can be found.

And if it can cast Shield (it could cast in vanilla too), the SR's version of spell offers +2 AC, totaling in a +3 bonus for a limited time once per day.

Ring of Djinni Summoning

Another stats increasing item? I like the lore and function that it currently has. It does summon a Djinni and makes something more original. No change, in my opinion.
Well, Demi doesn't like 1/day items because they act like wands, and I think he has afflicted me with the same notion :D

WIS bonus is a direct synergy for Wish spells, and its other benefit - extra divine spells - ensure one does NOT want to unequip it, else those spells will be unmemorized.

Heart of the Golem +2

I don't know. It's yet again another item that increases stats and I think there are already too many around.
Agreed, but this is only a dagger, i.e. not the kind of weapon that an already strong front-line fighter would pick.

Robe of the Battlemage

Alright with replacing HP bonus with physical resistance if the HP is moved to the Adventurer's Robe or some other bonus because it would be useless.

Since I play my fighter/mages in frontline the TobEx concentration check coupled with that would help greatly.

Necklace of missiles

How about is shots some missiles (flame/acid arrows) rather than more fireballs? Magical stones maybe as Salk suggested.

Wand of Missiles

It shows I haven't played for so long... I am all with you then Ardanis. Restrict its use to Wizards/Bards only.

Robe of Battlemage

I am not so convinced yet. For one thing, I think it is not really right, modding-wise, to build the changes in the main component around the optional (albeit recommended) components. If you think that one item would just fit one optional component better then you should change that very item within the component. In this case, make the Robe of Battlemage gain a physical resistance (and drop the HP bonus) when you install the optional component, not the main one.

Antidote

The Elixir of Healing is in all another class. The Antidote is a lesser potion that is limited to curing poison. In my opinion, it should not be changed. Making it protect against poison would make it too similar to the Elixir of Healing.

Ankheg Plate

Just like for the Robe above, I do think that specific changes made to take advantage of the presence of optional component should be made when installing the optional component. The main component should, I think, address those generic changes that are good for a game that has only that component installed and nothing else.

Neb's Nasty Cutter +2

I assumed (wrongly) that the online description was the one present in the game. If not, Demi will have to correct the description. Or, even better, change the item to comply to its description.

Necklace of Missiles

A small correction to my suggested change above. Instead of rolling to hit. Those targets that are within a 5' area should just save for no damage, instead of having the caster roll to hit. I think it's more appropriate.

Thanks guys, it was about time to start going around all the BG1 stuff left undone till now. Hopefully what we are going to do will be compatible with BGEE and I'll finally be able to play a full BG1 game. :)

Wall of Text ahead!! :D

The Horn of Kazgaroth (BG1 only, MISC73), The Claw of Kazgaroth (BG1 only, MISC72)

I'll add the item lists that weren't revised by IR currently.Though these items give unique features (many advantages of saving throws/a little but high rate disadvantages of a saving throws), but I think these would be better to revise according to the background of Kazgaroth (http://creaturecatal...CreatureID=1302). What do you think about these?
Nice read, I knew nothing of Kazgaroth background! I may at least add some more background to these supposedly legendary/epic items, but when it comes to actually change the items in-game effects I have to think a little about it. Since V3 I tend to follow more the principle "do not change what already works". I'll let you know asap. ;)

Durlag's Goblet (BG1 only, MISC98)

Several items in BG have strange/wrong description intentionally, and this is the one of those. The description may need to be revised correctly. In addition, I think it would be better to change to "x per day" item like figurines from potion (non-chargable).
Mmm...this item seems to be re-used somehow by BG2, as it gets an identified name and description (it's the Blood of Quallo).

Heart of Golem +2 (BG1 only, DAGG03)

There are two of copies of it in BG1. If we replace Marek's (?) one with a plain Dagger +2, what would be the purpose of having a +2 specimen with unique description, but no unique abilities?

Also, HotG can be obtain early in game, at the point where a +1 item with a special ability would be more consistent than a plain +2. Come to think of it, Dagger of Venom was made +2 (which is fine imo), so it leaves no special +1 dagger.

Actually Dagger of Venom already was +2 in vanilla, I only "nerfed" it by allowing a save against its tremendous poison.

I'm all for making it truly unique, even if it's only a matter of adding a very small effect (1 STR isn't something I like too much, but it somewhat fits the lore until we find something better). I also agree with Arda about making it +1 if it's easily available within BG1 (note: we also have Longtooth +2).

Moon Dog Figurine (MISC7T), Golem Manuals (Stone Golem Manual (TOME03), Juggernaut Golem Manual (TOME04), Golem Manual (TOME01), Clay Golem Manual (TOME02)), Shakti Figurine (FIGURE01)

These are something like "creature-summoning items". The summoned creatures' stats may be adjusted as you did at several figurines. And since you adds the stats descriptions to each figurines the Efreeti Bottle also may need to be added that.
These were indeed on my to-do list. :)

The Efreeti Bottle uses the actual spell, and thus the stats depends on that (e.g. if you have SR it's a SR's Efreeti, else it's a vanilla Efreeti). Should I make it use a custom version to "fix" its stats?

Necklace of Missiles (BG1 only, AMUL01)

The current lore isn't vanilla lore, but one I added to fit more vanilla's in-game item. I kinda agree Fireballs don't particulary fit the name, but I kept it as per vanilla. We can indeed either change vanilla's name (no big deal imo) or replace the Fireball with something like a swarm of stones or magic missiles (which requires a re-revision of the lore instead). Then, I'd really like to add at least a small while equipped effect.

Dart +5 (STARDART)

There are only 4 darts (even 3 enchantment darts) and the highest enchantment is +3. So 1 more dart would be welcome. :D
Point taken. I'll try to do something about this underused type of weapon, though it's worth remembering it's indeed supposed to remain a niche weapon. ;)

Aegis-Fang +3 (AEGIS2)

Drizzt's two swords were revised. Why not Wulfgar's?
Actually I do revised it, adding an extensive lore, but as the lore says only Wulfgar can use it as a returning hammer, "anyone else wields Aegis-Fang as a War Hammer +3", as per PnP.

Full Plate Mail +1 (BG1 only, PLAT05)

As far as I know there are two Full Plate Mail +1, the one is general one, and the second one is Tamoko's black plate mail. This is the latter one I guess. Could we revise it to more unique thing?
Is the black version (plat05) really unique within BG1? It's used a couple of times within BG2 and I assumed it was acceptable to have a "normal" version (plat14) and a black one (even more now that BGEE will add the Blackguard).

Moonblade (BG1 only, SW1H13)

This is the BG1 item for NPC (Xan). Since the weapon proficiency system was different between BG1 and BG2 this item has 1D8 now even though this is categorized as Dagger. Mages can only use dagger in swords so this may need to be revised a little (at least the dice should be reduced to 1D6 imo like Longtooth +2).
This was on my to-do list since ages (especially when I noticed how tremendously OP was its BG2 modded version from Xan's mod).

Poisoned Throwing Dagger (DAGG16)

This envenomed ability is too powerful imo (2 points of damage each second for 2rounds) comparing with Dagger of Venom +2. And even though this throwing dagger is not magical one, it has +1 THAC0 bonus. Mmm...
I'd like to know more opinions on this matter. Should we "nerf" these daggers?

Malla's Soul Stone (AMSOUL01)

I think this alignment restriction (not usable by good-aligned characters) and the equipped abilities (Immunity to posion & Maximum HP +10) are unmatched. The equipped abilities may need to change to more 'evil' things.
I tried to saty true to vanilla's effects, and let's say I was kinda short of ideas. :D

Algernon's Cloak (CLCK08)

The original Charm Person ability should be restored as 1 per day ability imo. Now this is a mere copy of the Nymph Cloak as you mentioned.
The idea was to consider this a "quest item", much like Embarl0s Dagger. Was I wrong?

Embarl's Dagger (MISC4U)

Frankly speaking, this is little issue so you can ignore about this (this is the item for quest only). The problem is that this dagger has 1D6 instead of 1D4 though this is Dagger.
Not a big deal I guess, but it may as well be fixed.

Bards & Druids adjustments

Lastly, I'd like to request that Bards are allowed wearing robes or spell casting wearing light armors, and Druids can use Bows if possible when you have time. :p
Both things are planned for KR.

@Ardanis, I guess we could make Bards not suffer Spell Failure or Casting Speed Penalties when IR's relative component is installed (targeting the EFF files to exclude Bards). What do you think?

Robe of Battlemage

I get your point, but 20% res is hugely more than +10hp in terms of enchantment. Most players seem to like the robe as it is. Mmm...

Otoh, what about using your alternative suggestion for the Adventurer's Robe? It already has 10% physical res, which afaik by itself was keeping this robe as the least appealing one. Add there immunity to critical hits and you have a really really appealing robe imo, no?

Wands

I would increase INT requirement by one, to match 3E's "10 + spell level" formula. Also, I'd restrict Wand of Magic Missiles from non-wizards. I am now was 7th level, and everyone in party can use a wand - to a very devastating effect, when combined in a volley.
The idea behind my lower INT requirement was that casting from wands is easier than casting from scrolls (assuming Revised thieves will be able to read scrolls too). Vanilla's Wand of Missiles had INT 9 requirement and I made it 10 following the "9 + spell level" formula.

Otoh, I obviously vote to restrict the Wand of Missiles as all other wands.

Antidote

Add short-timed immunity to poison. You've already declined the idea in the past, but I feel compelled to try convincing you again. This is a very specialized potion, only useful against several select types of opponents, all of whom tend to poison on every attack, stacking the effect. Fighting off a horde of spiders may mean PC will be poisoned several times during the encounter, and I'm not sure it is both convenient and sensible to guzzle on three bottles, when a single one would do the same - we just didn't want to wait for the poison from two earlier bites to develop too strong.

One turn of immunity to poison opcode is more than enough, if you ask me.

You have a point about "getting poisoned multiple times in the same fight", but I'm still not sure I like the idea of making all poisons so easily counterable by granting immunity via cheap potions. Mmm...

Night's Embrace & Boots of Stealth

I simply made the former grant the same bonus the latters did in vanilla. Keep in mind that +40% to hide in shadows actually means +20% to stealth, and using two items to get +40% stealth seems fine imo, especially considering you give up to other items such as the Boots of Speed to wear these skill-enhancing ones.

Btw, I actually designed Night's Embrace on purpose, to help BG1 thieves to perform a little better despite AD&D %-based skill system (which I never liked).

Cloak of Displacement

May I request the removal of blur state? Annoying as hell, it is.
Well, in theory now that we can use aura-like effects I could make it again add the blur effect only when enemies are on sight, but back then Taimon discouraged me from using too many "cast spell on condition effects" (don't rememember why). Perhaps it's better to just replace it with a more simple translucent effect?

Otoh, I was daring to suggest something more radical in the future. Something like: 20% chance when a direct attack is attempted against the cloak (note: before the weare is struck) to "teleport" the wearer within x feet (the shortest distance possible imo). If this works it could still fit the "displacement" concept (even better imo), while making the item slightly more unique. In this case no 'blur' visual effect should be used. The only downside I can already imagine is that the item would not fit spellcasters, as the random teleport could probably interrupt their spells (melee and ranged attacks are interrupted too, but you can barely notice it, and it's much less frequent).

Ankheg Plate Mail +2

For a DEX fighter it is the best armor in BG1, better than Fullplate +1. Unlike the latter, however, Ankheg is available almost from the start - even if we ignore the hidden cache in Nashkel (I've got a plan how to deal nicely with such places), I still can get it normally from Taerom soon enough.

In BG2 it is also an excellent choice for Jaheira, if party visits Windspear Hills early. All in all, reduce the enchantment by 1.

Mmm... I'm sympathetic but not fully convinced.

The 25% acid resistance is pretty useless, I'd make it 50%, so that it will matter at least sometimes. Also for consistency with dragon armor.
As Salk says, this is not a Green Dragon Armor, thus it would not be a matter of consistency.

Ring of Energy

Maybe change the custom Energy Blast to Magic Missiles?
Is there a particular reason or you just don't like custom spells on items?

Shield Amulet

I don't know, I think it's fine. If it granted only +1 AC it would not last much in my inventory imo.

Neb's Nasty Cutter

It is very easy to obtain for free, yet it acts as a Dagger of Venom with Keen ability. I would make it +1.
It was indeed supposed to be +1, and its keen ability a +5% chance instead of the old +10%. I fixed this a couple of updates ago (Beta 1.11), haven't I?

Potion of Restoration

Too cheap, to the point that in a temple I would rather buy it instead of normal Restoration spell/scroll. 500 gp, or so.
Point taken.

Ring of Djinni Summoming

As discussed earlier, +1 WIS would be perfect for it.
You know I'm not in love with such solution, but fine with me. At least it would not be a wand anymore (in fact I was tempted to turn it into a "Lamp of Djinne Summoning" :D ).

Bolts of Lightning +2 & Bullets of Smiting +3

You're right, these powerful ammos should be more expensive.

Sunstone Bullets +2

Their ability is called Sunscorch, perhaps it should also deal extra damage to undead? IIRC in vanilla they were +4, maybe +1/+3 vs undead?
Fine with me.

Heart of Golem +2 (BG1 only, DAGG03)

I'm all for making it truly unique, even if it's only a matter of adding a very small effect (1 STR isn't something I like too much, but it somewhat fits the lore until we find something better). I also agree with Arda about making it +1 if it's easily available within BG1 (note: we also have Longtooth +2).

That's good idea. Making it to +1 with giving a little unique equipped ability would be welcome.

Moon Dog Figurine (MISC7T), Golem Manuals (Stone Golem Manual (TOME03), Juggernaut Golem Manual (TOME04), Golem Manual (TOME01), Clay Golem Manual (TOME02)), Shakti Figurine (FIGURE01)

These were indeed on my to-do list. :)

The Efreeti Bottle uses the actual spell, and thus the stats depends on that (e.g. if you have SR it's a SR's Efreeti, else it's a vanilla Efreeti). Should I make it use a custom version to "fix" its stats?

Oh, I see. I just supposed that the Efreeti Bottle summoned a specific Efreeti like Kitthix the black spider. :p

Dart +5 (STARDART)

Point taken. I'll try to do something about this underused type of weapon, though it's worth remembering it's indeed supposed to remain a niche weapon. ;)

This Dart might be better to be lower its enchantment to +4 with returing + some special abilities. And I would like to suggest giving more combat abilities and not allowing any equipped ability to Darts, in order to make these more unique.

Algernon's Cloak (CLCK08)

The original Charm Person ability should be restored as 1 per day ability imo. Now this is a mere copy of the Nymph Cloak as you mentioned.
The idea was to consider this a "quest item", much like Embarl0s Dagger. Was I wrong?

I agree with demi. Even though there are several quest items, most of them have specific name such as Boots of Stealth, Cloak of Non-detection, etc. rather than the 'owner's name'. However, I think we might need to consider these in aspect of standardization which means that there are 2 types of quest items, the one is useful enough to equip oneself (e.g., Boots of Stealth), the another is just for quest and doesn't provide any ability/stat bonus (e.g., Embrarl's Dagger). What do you think about it?

Both things are planned for KR.

@Ardanis, I guess we could make Bards not suffer Spell Failure or Casting Speed Penalties when IR's relative component is installed (targeting the EFF files to exclude Bards). What do you think?

That's amazing news for me! :D

Wands

The idea behind my lower INT requirement was that casting from wands is easier than casting from scrolls (assuming Revised thieves will be able to read scrolls too). Vanilla's Wand of Missiles had INT 9 requirement and I made it 10 following the "9 + spell level" formula.

The INT requirement for reading scrolls is also good idea. That would make Single class Thieves more attractive, and we might be able to give this ability selectively in order to more characterize each kit including True Thief.

Antidote

You have a point about "getting poisoned multiple times in the same fight", but I'm still not sure I like the idea of making all poisons so easily counterable by granting immunity via cheap potions. Mmm...

How about giving very short duration of poison immunity? 1~2 round seems to be sufficient.

Cloak of Displacement

Otoh, I was daring to suggest something more radical in the future. Something like: 20% chance when a direct attack is attempted against the cloak (note: before the weare is struck) to "teleport" the wearer within x feet (the shortest distance possible imo). If this works it could still fit the "displacement" concept (even better imo), while making the item slightly more unique. In this case no 'blur' visual effect should be used. The only downside I can already imagine is that the item would not fit spellcasters, as the random teleport could probably interrupt their spells (melee and ranged attacks are interrupted too, but you can barely notice it, and it's much less frequent).

This is cool idea indeed because I prefer to unique ability of items rather than borrowing some ability from spells.

Ring of Djinni Summoming

(in fact I was tempted to turn it into a "Lamp of Djinne Summoning" :D ).

I agree to this. There is Efreeti Bottle so why not Lamp for Dijinne!? :p

I was reading "About Bards" thread over RR's forum yesterday, and thought the same. From a technical viewpoint, doing that is easiest from within IR's spellcasting armor indeed.

Robe of Battlemage

+20% phys res is huge, but only wizards can wear it, and for them it is about as much as 10-15 HP against physical attacks.

And I think a "battlemage" is more likely to need concentration bonus than an "adventurer". Honestly, I'd move HP bonus to adventurer and use phys res for BM. But since everybody seems to prefer to leave BM intact, then so be it.

Antidote

My point is that poison occurs too rare in game, that we would need two different potions to counter it. Y'know, there is no Potion of Acid Resistance, and antidote's BAM is all green already...

Night's Embrace & Boots of Stealth

especially considering you give up to other items such as the Boots of Speed to wear these skill-enhancing ones.
Actually, I have successfully wiped out the entire floor (~20 guards) in Cloakwood Mines with Boots of Stealth swapped for Boots of Speed. And I still haven't invested any more into stealth skills.

Btw, I actually designed Night's Embrace on purpose, to help BG1 thieves to perform a little better despite AD&D %-based skill system (which I never liked).
Well, if there is only one thief in party, then she does need every bonus, I suppose. Point taken.

Cloak of Displacement

Worth a shot. I'll do just that with my cloak and see for myself.

Ankheg Plate Mail +2

Even without DEX and "of Protection" components, this still is a +2 plate mail usable by druids and with an added acid res bonus. Really too much for Ch. 3-4 in BG1, and for early Ch.2 in BG2.

As Salk says, this is not a Green Dragon Armor, thus it would not be a matter of consistency.
The consistency was a secondary argument. The primary one is that 25% acid is quite useless.

Ring of Energy

Is there a particular reason or you just don't like custom spells on items?
Energy Blast sounds like it came from a sci-fi setting, not medieval magical.

Shield Amulet

If it granted only +1 AC it would not last much in my inventory imo.
Cloak of the Sewers too grants +1 AC, but I surely wouldn't toss it away from a tank character. If he needs an item "of Protection", the ring slot is available.

And if it can cast Shield 1/day, then all the more reason to keep it equipped.

Ring of Djinni Summoming

I don't recall you disliking the +WIS ???

I agree to this. There is Efreeti Bottle so why not Lamp for Dijinne!? :p
Two genie summoning quickslot items?
Wow... I noticed that 1PPv4 was updated today!

Now IRv3 official release might need to support good compatibilities with IPPv4! :D

I'm leaving that to Demi :)

Oh my god! I'm half excited and half terrified...please tell me I don't have to re-do the whole bams and colors assignements again. :(

Those new bams and large shields paperdolls look gorgeous though. :)

Now IRv3 official release might need to support good compatibilities with IPPv4! :D

Oh my god! I'm half excited and half terrified...please tell me I don't have to re-do the whole bams and colors assignements again. :(

Yes, exactly. And I checked 1PPv4 introduces several new shield anmination + enhanced spell animation + standardized spell icon + etc.

We both know that we want 1PP v4 and IR... :D

Oh, I've forgot to request something...

I'd like to request that IR handles items of BG1NPC PROJECT mod If possible.

Although this mod intended to provide banters/events of NPCs in order to expand on the depth of character and levels of interaction with the NPCs, the mod embedded many items in core components... Furthermore, this famous mod provides several items that don't match up to the standardization of IR at all. Mmm...

I'm really sorry to burden you with this...

Archived