Problems Intalling SCSII

Guest DABM

Hi, I wondered if anyone could help a very non-techy person with some installation issues. I've just purchased a new copy of SoA and ToB to play for the first time in a few years. I installed Improved Demogorgon Improved Illasera, Improved Yaga-Shura, Improved Gromnir, Improved Abazigal and Ascension from here, and then tried to install SCSII. However, when I first hit at the first 'install component' bit, it firstly tells me its 'copying and patching 1 file' lots of times, but then I get a message which says TobEx EXE: Target bytes don't match, aborting, followed by a general error message. Does anyone here have any idea what might be wrong and how to fix it?

Well I don't exactly know what's going on, but the TobEx is this mod, so you could install that to try to fix it.

Well, that's without the access to see your setup-scsii.debug files content.

Thanks, I'll try that first.

Well I don't exactly know what's going on, but the TobEx is this mod, so you could install that to try to fix it.

Well, that's without the access to see your setup-scsii.debug files content.

Thanks, I'll try that first.

Edit: Ugh, that links not much help, since a) when I hit unzip on winzip, and trawl the computer files the BG2 folder mysteriously doesn't come up, and b) winzip doesn't seem to let you enter the directory manually...

it firstly tells me its 'copying and patching 1 file' lots of times,
Installation of this mod takes some time. Be prepared that a couple of components will take up to ten minutes to install.

TobEx EXE: Target bytes don't match, aborting
Did you patch the game to v26498? This is especially important when installing exe-affecting mods.

Otherwise you can disable ToBEx insallation along with SCS - in the "scsii" folder there's a file "scsii.ini", change the "Disable_ToBEx 0" to "Disable_ToBEx 1", save, and run the setup-scsii.exe again.

Additionally, there's an older version of SCS2 available, without ToBEx http://www.gibberlings3.net/downloads/scsII-v15_archival.exe

Archived