Chateau Irenicus

CamDawg

Chateau Irenicus  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmm, how about at the government district.  Since he is lawful neutral.  Though from your description of him, i'm not sure if he actually follows the political forms of law and order.  You mentioned he had his own set of moral beliefs and he wonders around alot.  What a vagrant.  J/k :D

perhapse he's been outfitted with a magical collar that limits his fighting abilities???

as per morrowind slaves???

and while the beastmaster's key broke the spell, he still can't get rid of the collar, and later on an enemy somehow managed to aquire the controlling device for the collar, so the party has to take down the enemy to release aklon???

possibly even firky...wouldn't it be like that old lizard to have his spys spy on the bhaalspawn, find out she's involved with this monk feller, and have his agents buy or steal the control device???  its fittingly sadistic...very reptilian...

It could be an interesting side plot to add to Aklon. You might have to look around quite a lot to find the control device.....

Very interesting. I'll have to have a think about that. Thanks, UU. :D

That makes a lot of sense. Aren't the Mind Flayers in UD controlled by a collar of that type?

I have doubts that the CC slavers have access to mind flayer tech. :D A cursed item may be a better way to go, something that feebleminds or dominates its user for example.

Ah, but then couldn't a cleric simply uncurse the item? Or would it be more along the lines of the Jaheira curse wherein you have to find an object in order to remove the curse?

The main idea is simply to free him from somewhere. An additional quest to get the control device off would add as an interesting side-line, rathwer than a full blown quest. A the very least, you'd want to get that inventory slot clear so Aklon could wear items there.

I certainly agree that the slavers wouldn't have access to the mindflayer's control circlets, but a reasonably powerful mage could come up with something that charms it's wearer, or delivers pain on command.

I was just looking for a rationalization why Aklon wouldn't beat the crap out of the slavers.

If they're careful, they could handle him without magic. A few long spears, starvation and drugging (maybe arvested myconid spores from that colony in the sewers) would certainly allow them to handle him. And it's not like they have to arm him or anything so noone needs to get that close  :D

He could be a thrall in the Planar Prison, and you'd free him by destroying the Master Orb.
That was one of the other places I was considering, but it's a loooong way to go to get him. By then Anomen is goig to have a VERY big headstart.  :D

Hmm, how about at the government district.
Actually, I was thinking of putting him in the city prison for some captal crime. Probably murder. You could either prove his innocence (gather witnesses who say the killing was in self-defence) or bust him out.

I'm still leaning toward the Copper Coronet though.

is slavery practiced in the realms???

i would guess so, since hendak was a slave...but a society that practices slavery, like thay???  would naturally develop devices to keep the dangerous ones from killing their owners...like slaves kept for gladiator combat...so both hendak and aklon were likely to be restrained by magical devices, that simply drained their strength...or made them docile, or prevented agression..draining strength makes the most sense...

ok, aklon has on these slave bracers, that drain strength, and are undroppable...this is why until you complete his quest, you cannot give him the gloves of crushing in fishhead city...

killing leithian gave you the local, low level controlling device, one that is issued to a overseer, that drains the strength from a slave, and can inflict agonizing pain on command...but only a master device, the one owned by a lord or lady, can unlock the magical locks holding the braces on aklon's wrist...

slaver lords???  they would logically own such a master device...or held by the twisted rune, since they ran the slaver lords...but when they encounter who ever has such a master device, the party had originally used the overseer device on leithian's body to turn off the strength draining spell, but the owner of the master device obviously can turn it on again, and of course inflict tremendous pain on aklon, even overwhelming his long years of training and mental discapline to such an extent that he can only hold on enough to continue to live while the party fights firky or the twisted rune...then the party can get the item off their dead bodies, and finally use it to unlock the cuffs, and aklon hurls them away in disgust...

aklon wants to destroy the master device too, since its a disgusting item for him, but you can restrain him, since you keep thinking there might be a future use for it...thus another slavery breaking quest in the future, if you kept the device... :D  :D  :D

Hmm, how about at the government district.
Actually, I was thinking of putting him in the city prison for some captal crime. Probably murder. You could either prove his innocence (gather witnesses who say the killing was in self-defence) or bust him out.

I'm still leaning toward the Copper Coronet though.

The prison isn't a bad idea, however, if you include Kelsey, this would make 4 NPCs in the Government District. Not to mention you'd have to rescue Viconia before getting to the prison. Or not. :D

I can't say I see the problem with the starting dungeon, myself.  Right now, it's just you and people you've already traveled with, and Yoshimo, which makes Yoshimo awfully suspicious.  The addition of one or two people you haven't traveled with who don't betray you would make him less obvious.

I can't say I see the problem with the starting dungeon, myself.  Right now, it's just you and people you've already traveled with, and Yoshimo, which makes Yoshimo awfully suspicious.  The addition of one or two people you haven't traveled with who don't betray you would make him less obvious.

That's a good point Kish, I didn't think of it. I mean, everyone is either with Ir<enicus or the Shadow Thieves...and neither one will listen to you...except Yoshimo.

I was just looking for a rationalization why Aklon wouldn't beat the crap out of the slavers. :D If you want a make it into a quest to free him, then something like the circlets or a thrall collar would work better.

here is a bit of useless trivia...

the circlets in the astral prison???

if you equip a party member with it, everyone suddenly attacks the person who wears it..

its funny to see aerie kill haer' dalis and say...

"i never imagined we would be doing such good things!!!"

:D

Archived