Chateau Irenicus

CamDawg

Chateau Irenicus  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't say I see the problem with the starting dungeon, myself.  Right now, it's just you and people you've already traveled with, and Yoshimo, which makes Yoshimo awfully suspicious.  The addition of one or two people you haven't traveled with who don't betray you would make him less obvious.

Interesting. We've got a positive vote for CI. There's alredy a few references to Yoshimo and the Chateau in what I've already written, so putting Aklon in the Copper Coronet (or anywhere else) would require some re-writing. Having Aklon imprisoned there gives him and CHARNAME a mutual dislike of Irenicus, which he would otherwise have to develop.

ok, aklon has on these slave bracers, that drain strength, and are undroppable...this is why until you complete his quest, you cannot give him the gloves of crushing in fishhead city...

That was indeed roughly what I was thinking. I'm not quite sure who I'd give the master controller/key to just yet and I might allow more than one way to get it off, just for variety.

Or kept as fodder for the trolls in the basement of nalia's castle ;-)

Amnian Fried Aklon. He's finger lickin' good!

I knew there was some bloodlust in that girl!

You've just got to get her in the right mood.

"Hey Aerie, is Haer'Dalis eyeing that noblewoman?" :D

I can't say I see the problem with the starting dungeon, myself.  Right now, it's just you and people you've already traveled with, and Yoshimo, which makes Yoshimo awfully suspicious.  The addition of one or two people you haven't traveled with who don't betray you would make him less obvious.

Interesting. We've got a positive vote for CI. There's alredy a few references to Yoshimo and the Chateau in what I've already written, so putting Aklon in the Copper Coronet (or anywhere else) would require some re-writing. Having Aklon imprisoned there gives him and CHARNAME a mutual dislike of Irenicus, which he would otherwise have to develop.

ok, aklon has on these slave bracers, that drain strength, and are undroppable...this is why until you complete his quest, you cannot give him the gloves of crushing in fishhead city...

That was indeed roughly what I was thinking. I'm not quite sure who I'd give the master controller/key to just yet and I might allow more than one way to get it off, just for variety.

Or kept as fodder for the trolls in the basement of nalia's castle ;-)

Amnian Fried Aklon. He's finger lickin' good!

"Hey Aerie, is Haer'Dalis eyeing that noblewoman?" :D

we also have a few ducks...

:D:D:D

so you like the idea of some scumbag holding a master controller device, eh???

:wink.gif

Well at first I thought 'No, No, not the Chateau!', then I read some of the responses and thought, 'Slaver ship, Slaver ship!!  After that I read more responses and thought, 'Yeah what if he was being held as food for the vampire chick (what's her name!?) in the Chateau, then he'd have reason to hate the vampires and be suspicious of Bodhi as well.  And now I just think that my head hurts! :D

Either that or you wait for her to get abducted by Bodhi, don't kill her, slap a control coller or domination spell on her and there you have it... Vampire Aerie, at your command for whatever naughty...

Oh shit, did I type that or just think it?

so you like the idea of some scumbag holding a master controller device, eh???

:wink.gif

Yes I do. And there might be more than one overseer device lurking around....... :D

Well at first I thought 'No, No, not the Chateau!', then I read some of the responses and thought, 'Slaver ship, Slaver ship!!  After that I read more responses and thought, 'Yeah what if he was being held as food for the vampire chick (what's her name!?) in the Chateau, then he'd have reason to hate the vampires and be suspicious of Bodhi as well.  And now I just think that my head hurts!
What I might do is make two versions (since it's a fairly trivial re-write), give them to different beta testers and ask the pros and cons of them.

On the basis that the vast majority of voters in the poll (who aren't ducks :D ) voted aginst CI, Aklon will most likely be in the Copper Coronet.

Either that or you wait for her to get abducted by Bodhi, don't kill her, slap a control coller or domination spell on her and there you have it... Vampire Aerie, at your command for whatever naughty...

Oh shit, did I type that or just think it?

I think you might have been channeling me, but no, you typed it. :D

Well I can see one advantage in putting him in CC. It would put him on equal ground with anomen for romance purposes. It might even instill some animosity between them as anomen frequents CC and must have some inkling of what goes on there, yet does nothing to remedy the situation.

That is a good point. It does put them close together, but not on too equal a footing, since Aklon's romance is longer than Anomen's.  :D

On the other hand it'll let Aklon make an amusing reply to Anomen's line about bringing Order soldiers back to the Shadow Theives Guildhall.  :D

i just thought of something that we've all overlooked...if aklon has a slaver shackles equipped, and is still hating them...so does HENDAK, and any of his fellow fighter slaves groomed for the gladiator pits...how will hendak react if you waltz in with a master controller sphere???

gratitude???  or will he suspect treachery???  i mean the master sphere is so much more powerful than a overseer's sphere, it would be easy to rerun the coronet like the way it used to be...also, wouldn't it be logical, for hendak who's been a slave gladiator for years, according to his dialog, to know about the master spheres, and give you the quest to grab the sphere???

:D

I was thinking that the slave collar would be an item unique to Aklon. Lehtinan bought it to control a man with the powers and immunities of a monk and he only managed to get an Overseer's sphere. Someone else has the Master's sphere. :D

If all the slaves have those collars, then it's gonna be mighty hard for poor Hendak to take down Lehtinan, unless the PC gets the sphere off Lehtinan somehow. Might add an interesting twist to that quest though.   :D

I was thinking that the slave collar would be an item unique to Aklon. Lehtinan bought it to control a man with the powers and immunities of a monk and he only managed to get an Overseer's sphere. Someone else has the Master's sphere. :D

If all the slaves have those collars, then it's gonna be mighty hard for poor Hendak to take down Lehtinan, unless the PC gets the sphere off Lehtinan somehow. Might add an interesting twist to that quest though. :D

the EVIL way to do the Lehtinan quest is to talk to Lehtinan, then talk to hendak, and go back to Lehtinan, and tell him what hendak wants to do...so Lehtinan offers you gold and items to kill hendak for you...

so how about this...

"A moment my friends, are you with Lehtinan?"

"I beg of you, free us!!!"

"But wait, the bastard has an overseer's orb, which can control these manacles around our wrists...but if you can kill him for us, or get the control orb somehow, i may strike the fatal blow that will send the bastard into the abyss myself..."

so you can with a high enough wisdom score, go back to Lehtinan, and trick him for the orb, then get the beastmaster's key, open the cell, and let hendak do his thing...

or pickpocket the orb, or just kill Lehtinan...

but you would get the most xp and gold and a hint for the future quests involving the master orbs from hendak if you free him to make his own vengence...

thus finally people would see a combination of the evil and good paths for the slaver quest...

you like??? :D

I like. It adds a little twist to the getting of Aklon, or you can still do it the easy way, if desired. I was also planning to let PC's do that quest the thouroghly evil way and buy Aklon from Lehtinan, after killing Hendak.

and this way, that option will still be open right up to the actual taking of the sides...

but really the most xp and loot, and hints and clues for the future should be pickpocketing, or tricking the sphere out of Lehtinan...

perhapse the sphere can open hendak's shackles, but not aklon's...ok, suppose hendak was fitted with ordinary or generic gladiator fighter controller shackles, but a special one, one that is keyed to a master orb is on aklon...so after you get the sphere, you can open up hendak and the other fighting slave shackles, but not aklon...so naturally hendak gives you the overseer's orb, which can figure prominently in the master orb quest...or you can be evil, and instead of giving it to aklon to show you trust him, you can use it to make sure of aklon's obedience... :D:D:D

and this way, that option will still be open right up to the actual taking of the sides...

but really the most xp and loot, and hints and clues for the future should be pickpocketing, or tricking the sphere out of Lehtinan...

perhapse the sphere can open hendak's shackles, but not aklon's...ok, suppose hendak was fitted with ordinary or generic gladiator fighter controller shackles, but a special one, one that is keyed to a master orb is on aklon...so after you get the sphere, you can open up hendak and the other fighting slave shackles, but not aklon...so naturally hendak gives you the overseer's orb, which can figure prominently in the master orb quest...or you can be evil, and instead of giving it to aklon to show you trust him, you can use it to make sure of aklon's obedience... :D  :D  :D

I like the having to trick Lehtinan out of the sphere thing. It also gives PCs a reason to have a pickpocket around. :D

I was planning on letting people use the Sphere for commanding Aklon. That's why you have to pay for Aklon. That Sphere ain't free. :D

I wouldn't put the Sphere down, however. :D

perhapse the sphere can open hendak's shackles, but not aklon's...ok, suppose hendak was fitted with ordinary or generic gladiator fighter controller shackles, but a special one, one that is keyed to a master orb is on aklon...so after you get the sphere, you can open up hendak and the other fighting slave shackles, but not aklon...so naturally hendak gives you the overseer's orb, which can figure prominently in the master orb quest...or you can be evil, and instead of giving it to aklon to show you trust him, you can use it to make sure of aklon's obedience... :D  :D  :D

I like the having to trick Lehtinan out of the sphere thing. It also gives PCs a reason to have a pickpocket around. :D

I was planning on letting people use the Sphere for commanding Aklon. That's why you have to pay for Aklon. That Sphere ain't free. :D

I wouldn't put the Sphere down, however. :D

of course, if the pc can buy the sphere for controlling aklon, that implies Lehtinan has several...he obviously won't sell the only device that allows him to control his remaining slaves.. :D:D:D

Archived