Version 19 hotfixes

polytope

I decided to compile some fixes I've made for my own game, as it's a while since SCS has been updated.

Of course, if DavidW objects I will remove them.

These fixes aim to address:

*Enemies chasing PCs who are invisible/sanctuaried (except of course those that can see through it)

*HLA usage and timers, and checks for weapon immunity

*A few genai issues, like Haer attacking the party

These all go in the folder scsii/genai and require re-installation

chase_top.ssl

genai.tph

hla.ssl

initial.baf

Edit: Typo in the hla file, hope no-one downloaded that before I caught it.

Guest Guest_agris_*
Nice.

I think we'll have to do with the second best stuff untill DavidW (I hope) returns.

There's also this collection found at SHS, don't know if it is the same... linky

I compiled that pack of scsII fixes from the bug report thread in this forum. They're actually different fixes for different bugs than what polytope posted, so using them together would be best. I was happy to se polytope's fixes because my megamod install is running atm and I was able to drop them into the scs2 dir before it installed :cool:

Polytope:

For future reference, I'm 100% happy with genuine fixes being distributed in my absence, but please don't distribute tweaks like "hla.ssl". It doesn't fix a bug, it changes the AI behaviour to something you think is more optimal. I suspect that you're probably right, but even so I'd rather make sure new content in SCS is actually mine. (Of course, I don't object at all if you want to post a proposed change - or even if you code your proposed change and upload it for people to try out. I just don't want things like that confused with bugs.)

Polytope:

For future reference, I'm 100% happy with genuine fixes being distributed in my absence, but please don't distribute tweaks like "hla.ssl". It doesn't fix a bug, it changes the AI behaviour to something you think is more optimal.

At the time I felt it fixed a genuine bug, which was that high-level characters with berserker or barbarian abilities would try to re-use them sooner than they should because the HLAs also set SCRIPTINGSTATE4; the HLA targetting isn't strictly a bugfix, but it did look strange for a fighter to use whirlwind when he passes into melee range of a character whom he wasn't planning to attack anyway, because they're using ProMW - thus wasting the ability.

I noticed you fixed it for v20 anyway.

Polytope:

For future reference, I'm 100% happy with genuine fixes being distributed in my absence, but please don't distribute tweaks like "hla.ssl". It doesn't fix a bug, it changes the AI behaviour to something you think is more optimal.

At the time I felt it fixed a genuine bug, which was that high-level characters with berserker or barbarian abilities would try to re-use them sooner than they should because the HLAs also set SCRIPTINGSTATE4; the HLA targetting isn't strictly a bugfix, but it did look strange for a fighter to use whirlwind when he passes into melee range of a character whom he wasn't planning to attack anyway, because they're using ProMW - thus wasting the ability.

I noticed you fixed it for v20 anyway.

Yes - I completely agree with you on the merits of the issue. And like I say, I don't at all mind you coding it up - I'm just keen to distinguish fixes from tweaks here.

Incidentally (if you're interested) most of the middle part of your hla.ssl can be coded in just a few lines as

IF TRIGGER
    IgnoreBlock(IsBG1)
    TargetBlock(EnemiesInOrderShort)
    TriggerBlock(PMWSafe)
    !CheckStat(Myself,5,SCRIPTINGSTATE4)
THEN DO
      Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_GREATER_WHIRLWIND)
      ActionCondition(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_SMITE;AreaType(OUTDOOR))

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_CRITICAL_STRIKE)

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_WHIRLWIND)

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_POWER_ATTACK)
END

Incidentally (if you're interested) most of the middle part of your hla.ssl can be coded in just a few lines as

IF TRIGGER
 IgnoreBlock(IsBG1)
 TargetBlock(EnemiesInOrderShort)
 TriggerBlock(PMWSafe)
 !CheckStat(Myself,5,SCRIPTINGSTATE4)
THEN DO
   Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_GREATER_WHIRLWIND)
   ActionCondition(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_SMITE;AreaType(OUTDOOR))

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_CRITICAL_STRIKE)

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_WHIRLWIND)

Action(SpellNoDecMyself,WARRIOR_POWER_ATTACK)
END

Thanks, I wasn't really sure how to use your SSL so I just posted it in baf format. Now that I think about it, this block would cause enemies to waste smite and whirlwind on summoned hobgoblins, maybe they should do a min-level check before using HLA's.

Given how short most battles in ToB tend to be, it's arguable whether enemy fighters first move should always be hardiness (possible conditions; being within range 4 of a PC fighter, paladin, ranger or monk or a planetar or seeing a kitted archer or a PC with energy blades).

Thanks, I wasn't really sure how to use your SSL so I just posted it in baf format. Now that I think about it, this block would cause enemies to waste smite and whirlwind on summoned hobgoblins, maybe they should do a min-level check before using HLA's.

Given how short most battles in ToB tend to be, it's arguable whether enemy fighters first move should always be hardiness (possible conditions; being within range 4 of a PC fighter, paladin, ranger or monk or a planetar or seeing a kitted archer or a PC with energy blades).

Agreed, in both cases. I'll try to remember that for v21.

Archived