Any chance to get a v7 soon?

Guest golgoth

As title says, i've just discovered this mod and im eager to try it, but first i'd like to know if a new version is coming soon, since i can certainly wait a bit to get a more stable and complete game.

Thanks

It's pretty stable now, though I've found a few problems (and another set of eyes wouldn't hurt the beta testing).

What's really needed now is a hotfix patch as was done with v.5 - something to fix failed globals, missing random treasures and the Pomab battle. Please please please, DavidW? :cool:

It's pretty stable now, though I've found a few problems (and another set of eyes wouldn't hurt the beta testing).

What's really needed now is a hotfix patch as was done with v.5 - something to fix failed globals, missing random treasures and the Pomab battle. Please please please, DavidW? :cool:

DavidW is unfortunately a busy guy... what we need is indeed a hotfix patch, unfortunately the G3 forum is a bit restrictive on this account as the posts cannot be re-edited after a while. You yourself have made a good stride on testing the beta... the unfortunate fact is that for DavidW to fix them all, this holds true:
Make sure to read my observations through this thread.
And that's not very fast...

What happened last time with v.5 was that somebody, *not pointing to anyone, but CamDawg* had an alternative motive behind his actions, all the blessings to him for his Icewind Dale Fixpack, but we as the common members cannot do all the actions required for a good maintenance of the hotfix patch thread.

The only thing you would need is one interested member capable of editing their posts afterwards, to log the what's repaired, what has not been, and upload the fixes.

As then they can upload the hotfix patch, and it could be very tiny as the original mod already comes with the WeiDU.exe, you only need a .bat file that copy& renames it to be the wanted file and installs it, like so:

@echo off
echo.
COPY /y "setup-iwd_in_bg2.exe" "setup-IwDHotfix_v6.exe"
setup-IwDHotfix_v6.exe --force-install-list	0

As title says, i've just discovered this mod and im eager to try it, but first i'd like to know if a new version is coming soon, since i can certainly wait a bit to get a more stable and complete game.

Thanks

I'd guess I'll get around to it in about six weeks, but that's a guess, not a promise.

I'd guess I'll get around to it in about six weeks, but that's a guess, not a promise.

Still a great guess. I'll just chime with this: when I was testing IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2 back in May, the conversion was playable, but TotL wasn't available in my game - something for the next hotfix, probably.

Hello, its my first post here.

I have been trying to get v6 working for past couple of days, to no success. I made sure I have BG2 updated to newest patch, IWD have luremaster, too. I tried to install it on older machine with Windows XP, doing clean installs there to C:\BG2 and C:\IWD directories, I can't bypass Core animation converter. It goes into infinite loop, saying it was installed succesfully but still installing this component again. Tried various things, nothing works for me.

Is there any way to get it working? Tbh, this is the best mod idea I saw, even better than BG1 Tutu. I was fan of those games when they first started to come out in 98 and still am.

I use original, english copies, but I don't use english Windows. I saw someone had the same issues as me and also rolling foreign Windows, so this might be it. I had no problems with installing BG tutu into program files directory on Windows 7, save some small issues with installing mods, but I managed to implement them eventually.

Or I quess I will just get patient and hang around here till v7 is on, and try my luck again then. Will report any bugs I would find.

error.jpg

@ Kmiavdaen - I doubt (though I could be wrong) that language is the problem. You're using English versions of the games and WeiDU runs in that language.

It takes a long time for the core animation converter to do its work. This is the biggest part of the time consumed in installation. What your screenshot shows happens for each IWD animation being converted for BG2 compatibility. Just look at the two shown CAPITALIZED sources being patched.

I don't know your computer's speed, but I'd allow 45-60 minutes for the core animation converter to do its work.

I hope this helps.

mind.blown~! If this might be the case, then I'm setting this up again now (using safe mode avaible by pressing F8 at pc startup, as it seems to bypass any windows limitations for gaming, install/modding-wise)

Will report with results. Will keep it going even for 12 or more hours if needed. Thx for help!

I lost the ability to edit, so sorry for double post!

I left it on for a while, and became friendly with my long forgotten x360. And indeed, it finally passed through that dreaded Core part, and succesfully finished! I left it like that a night before, on my XP machine, but it crushed everything and I needed to do hard reset (after like 12 hours), and I also had issues with weimer mods before, when it looped over and over, I needed to instal other mod 1st, which sometimes unlocked progression from previous one. I though it was the issue here, so I neglected a chance that living it on its on provided.

I will give small advice for Windows 7 users, if any of them comes here looking for answers, like I did.

* do full install of both games into simple directories, like C:\IWD, no spaces, long directories. Make sure to have newest patch for ToB. I had not, even though I bought 4 in 1 Boxset not so long time ago (no more than 3 years), and made assumption that they were not Blizzard to release newer patch to game 10+ year old.

* don't try to mod anything under normal windows, I had no UAC, did it as administrator and so on, to no avail

*run it in safe mode, where it performs like on XP

*install will take few steps, preparation, bg2 part, iwd part and finally merging part. If last one did not occur, reinstall both games.

* give it like 3 hours to do last part, just to make sure.

Thx again for help, I quess I can finally enjoy the weekend : )

I feel some need to warn you (since you're so enthusiastic about the mod) that v6 is still not (in my assessment) really recreationally playable. (i.e., it still has a number of serious bugs.)

v7 hopefully will be (and might be out in a couple of weeks, but then again might not)

v7 hopefully will be (and might be out in a couple of weeks, but then again might not)

Sounds good. It'll give me some time to work on the next BG1 Tweaks release. Hope you take a look at my last post in my walkthrough thread. It has a full list of problems I encountered (with some fix suggestions).

Sounds good. It'll give me some time to work on the next BG1 Tweaks release. Hope you take a look at my last post in my walkthrough thread. It has a full list of problems I encountered (with some fix suggestions).

I'm about three quarters of the way through fixing them :)

Archived