Any chance to get a v7 soon?

Guest golgoth

Well it's coming! :)

I'm two or three days from releasing version 7, so I'm going to request that people who want to test the mod wait until it's out. (There are some reasonably significant bugs in v6 that are fixed in v7, so I'd rather not waste your time with them.)

(my italics)

Now, if it takes Mr. W two or three weeks instead, I can wait for the good stuff. :D

Installing v7 as I type.

Had some issues to start off with, seems for some odd reason my IWD original install was missing files? Too much copying from one drive to another i suspect.

Character creation screens have been cleaned up, no problems with kits, items all good, looks much more polished.

Nice Job DavidW!

urk. The fixpack. Cant remember which weapon proficiency models I should use - or used in the past. It borks my savegames if I get it wrong.

The fixpack. Cant remember which weapon proficiency models I should use - or used in the past. It borks my savegames if I get it wrong.
I wouldn't go and use the old versions saves in the new one, simply because the dialog.tlk gets new strings and that means every string gets new references ... just start from a clean install and you'll do fine... as always in BG2 mod installations.
The fixpack. Cant remember which weapon proficiency models I should use - or used in the past. It borks my savegames if I get it wrong.
I wouldn't go and use the old versions saves in the new one, simply because the dialog.tlk gets new strings and that means every string gets new references

Not correct. Any string in IWD has a fixed string reference in IWD-in-BG2, and won't have changed between v6 and v7. The converter adds maybe six strings total and none of them are stored in the savegame.

On the other hand, if you were using other mods (even the NPC component of the Fixpack/Tweakpack) then you might well have dialog.tlk issues. (Even then, you could work around them by copying dialog.tlk from your IWD-in-BG2 v6 install over to your BG2 install before running the v7 converter.)

Great work! A nice New Year's item if a bit early!

I've already installed (WOW! Done in 15 minutes!) and for once I tested the start in single player mode. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to manipulate inventory in Pause mode (too much time in BG1), but in appears I can. If, as DavidW suspects, some of my bugs have been from playing multiplayer, I'll learn soon enough.

Archived