Icewind Dale NPCs for IWD-in-BG2

Kulyok

It's been ready for a while, so here's a link: IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2

I've played with it myself, and, from my knowledge, several other IWD-in-BG2 players did, too, :cool: and it's quite stable. So, if you want to give IWD-in-BG2 a try with IWD NPC, have fun!

(As ever, I would recommend that you backup your icewind.exe, override directory and chitin.key, just like with BG2).

New play, fresh install, and I'm giving your mod a try.

One recommendation - Severn, Teri and possibly Korin should have some ranged weapon in their skills. All your NPC's start with all melee skills, which seems suicidal for a bard, thief or mage, and I always saw rangers as skilled hunters able to feed themselves off the land with more than snares.

One recommendation - Severn, Teri and possibly Korin should have some ranged weapon in their skills.

I second that, with experience from my latest IWD-run. :cool:

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what proficiencies would Korin get if I made him an Archer with the installer? And somewhat related, is L1NPC (for BG) be compatible?

And somewhat related, is L1NPC (for BG) be compatible?
Open the v1.9 "level1npcs.tp2" with Notepad and find out... no, as the NPCs have not been suggested nor added yet. Also the DavidW's npcs might be wanted to have this. Or if you really want, you can actually code the whole thing via a few clever copy pasting's.

And from the past, it's usually best and most effective if the mod maker themselves makes the suggestion... so that's Kulyok.

I would be happy if IWD NPC were a part of Level 1 NPCs, just like Xan, Tiax and others - so whenever Level 1 NPC is updated, yep, maybe that will happen - they have my full blessing, as I said before. With Korin, if you choose him to be an Archer, I think it's bows(not sure, but must be). I also hope Shadowkeeper might help with proficiencies for the time being, since it's BG2 engine. In any case, I hope you enjoy your playthrough!

Archived