Progress?

Andyr

Darios finished the first draft for Amber's AI script yesterday, but it has not been tested yet.

I have been testing the Bodhi abduction and it works perfectly, apart from the guy in temple of Oghma not having anything intelligent to say. I'll have to take look into that later.

Also the last chapter talk is now in and PC initiated flirts have finally been finished. Additionally, I have been writing more Amber initiated flirts and coded them so that they appear to show up in random order, but only once. :)

The bad (but luckily not fatal) news are that the monitor of our main comp bite the dust last night and I cannot access anything on that comp's hard drive until the monitor is replaced.

We are *trying* to make it a monthly habit to back-up everything we've do for Amber on CDs.

You are wise to do that.

Because when you have something very, very important stored on a hard drive/disk/cd and you don't have *any* back-ups of it, it's almost certain that soon something goes horribly wrong.

You know - hard drive explodes, dog eats the disk, a meteorite hits the building where you keep your precious CD - the usual stuff. :)

It's either Murphy's Law or then there exists a cruel and cunning demon somewhere that excels at destroying just the items people use to store their irreplaceable work.

Anyway, I'm glad you have made some progress while I was away on vacation! :)

I assure you we are working hard and there has even been progress lately. :) Mainly just finishing off and polishing stuff. For example I think mentioned earlier that I changed the talk structure between regular talks, lovetalks and friendship talks. Those changes have now been implemented. Also we added one item that's description bam had been missing due the fact that our scanner was broken.

A special day!

We have just added the first internationally produced voice clips to Amber mod. Not actually to any of the supporting NPCs that we had listed for voicing previously, though. But now that the voicing is there, I feel that we should have had her voiced to begin with.

;)

We got few "I'll get back to you with sample lines soon"-people that we are waiting to hear from.

However, I'm quite prepared to do beta (when the time comes) without major voices, as then the mod will have a chance to "speak" for itself and hopefully attract more serious interest. Plust the download will be smaller for testers.

So , the Baldur's Gate came many years ago, but you still makes mods for it.

It's ofcourse exelent game and your idea is exelent too :) , but IMHO so much time nobody can waiting for :) ...

P.S. many projects like this continiuning for ages , but at the end closes as well as the others...

P.S.S. For all things is own time

P.S.S. Sorry for bad English

So , the Baldur's Gate came many years ago, but you still makes mods for it.

It's ofcourse exelent game and your idea is exelent too  :) , but IMHO so much time nobody can waiting for  :) ...           

P.S. many projects like this continiuning for ages , but at the end closes as well as the others...

P.S.S. For all things is own time

P.S.S. Sorry for bad English

Good things come to those who wait.

Buenas cosas vienen a los que esperan.

Updated the 'Features' section at Amber's homepage. (Contents of the page may be considered as spoilerish.)

There is still one especially tricky lovetalk to finish and Darios wants to do one additional (short) interaction for P2 talk track. And all those proof-reading corrections need to be implemented before... we are there.

Guest Yovaneth

I've been following Amber since she was announced.... I see Darios has recently completed Amber's AI script. If Amber is a Tiefling Fighter-Thief, does she have any special characteristics (e.g. innate spells) that need scripting? I ask because I have been trying to include all major NPC addons into my Party Co-operation Scripts and I'd like to add Amber into there.

-Y-

I've been following Amber since she was announced.... I see Darios has recently completed Amber's AI script. If Amber is a Tiefling Fighter-Thief, does she have any special characteristics (e.g. innate spells) that need scripting? I ask because I have been trying to include all major NPC addons into my Party Co-operation Scripts and I'd like to add Amber into there.

-Y-

Yes, there is in fact more to Amber than meets the eye, or erm... actually, there is something to Amber *that* meets the eye. :bday: I don't want to give too much away to the potential public of Amber, but I could PM you the details about that later on today, OK?

Archived