Ps:T v1.1 having error installing widescreen mod

Sketch Slayer

well I have the 4 disk version and have installed the v1.1 patch and checked the options screen in game to see that it does have the right number and it does but when I open the widescreen mod installer I get the error that people with 1.0 get (according to the forums)

which goes something along the lines of :Resource [AR0100.WED] not found in KEY file: [./chitin.key]

ERROR: Failure<"resource [AR0100.WED] not found for 'COPY'">

followed by rolling back to before having selected to install the mod

and to clarify I HAVE updated to 1.1 but the problem is still there

ERROR: Failure<"resource [AR0100.WED] not found for 'COPY'">

followed by rolling back to before having selected to install the mod

and to clarify I HAVE updated to 1.1 but the problem is still there

You didn't make a full install, or your operation system (Win Vista/7) doesn't accept your changes to the Torment.ini file, because you installed in the Program Files folder, and thus need to reinstall it elsewhere.

As the changes you have made are actually stored in:

C:\Users\*usersname*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Torment\...

And by the way, if you have Vista, 7 or XP with SP3, the games own patch doesn't get applied properly because the game files are mirrored to protect them from viruses... that is if you install the game to the default directory... so install it elsewhere.

And by the way, if you have Vista, 7 or XP with SP3, the games own patch doesn't get applied properly because the game files are mirrored to protect them from viruses... that is if you install the game to the default directory... so install it elsewhere.

ahh so your just saying for it to work I need to move it from the black isle torment folder for the more recent versions to fully accept the changes...

seems kinda odd that the game itself tells me that the version is 1.1 though :)

but yeah you guessed my os my laptop (which this isn't on) is vista and my desktop (which this is for) is 7

anyway I shall try moving it to somewhere more like C:/Black Isle/Torment rather than C:/Program Files (x86)/Black Isle/Torment and see if it works but in theory it could be moved back as soon as the version is changed right?

Edit: tried it outside of the program files and same error presents itself

ERROR: BIFF [./AR0100.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./AR0100.BIF")

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [AR0100.WED] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

You need to perform a full install of your game and make sure that the .ini points to the correct paths.

Posts reporting this problem WILL BE IGNORED unless you can prove you're under exceptional circumstances.

ERROR Installing [for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 53 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Restoring backed-up [widescreen/backup/0/torment.exe]

widescreen/backup/0/torment.exe copied to torment.exe, 5713981 bytes

Uninstalled 53 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Unable to Unlink [widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0")

Unable to Unlink [widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")

ERROR: Failure("resource [AR0100.WED] not found for 'COPY'")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://bit.ly/hf2XsG

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 31 translation strings

You need to perform a full install of your game and make sure that the .ini points to the correct paths
as your error report from the widescreen mod states, you need to make sure that you have a full and install. If you do and you moved everything to another directory (outside Program Files), go check your torment.ini file and make sure that it points to where everything is now located.

Oh and it isn't that any mods or patches require the game to be outside of Program Files to work, it is that Win Vista and Win 7 don't allow modifications made to programs located in the Program Files directory. So for the purposes of using mods, it is strongly suggested that the game be installed to a non-default location.

You need to perform a full install of your game and make sure that the .ini points to the correct paths
as your error report from the widescreen mod states, you need to make sure that you have a full and install. If you do and you moved everything to another directory (outside Program Files), go check your torment.ini file and make sure that it points to where everything is now located.

Oh and it isn't that any mods or patches require the game to be outside of Program Files to work, it is that Win Vista and Win 7 don't allow modifications made to programs located in the Program Files directory. So for the purposes of using mods, it is strongly suggested that the game be installed to a non-default location.

pretty sure the only type of install my version allows is full

the ini only seems to point to the install directory and the disk drive for each disk (you did mean the torment.ini right?) but it seems accurate

the ini only seems to point to the install directory and the disk drive for each disk (you did mean the torment.ini right?) but it seems accurate
Well, you don't have a full install then...

See the [Alias] section needs to look like this:

[Alias]
HD0:=C:/Black Isle/Torment/
CD1:=C:/Black Isle/Torment/CD1/
CD2:=C:/Black Isle/Torment/CD2/
CD3:=C:/Black Isle/Torment/CD3/
CD4:=C:/Black Isle/Torment/CD4/

And the "/" can be that or "\"...

And the disc files need to be there.

ugh well I have a full install (far as I can tell) the .ini says :[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Black Isle\Torment

CD1:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd1

CD2:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2

CD3:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd3

CD4:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd4

CD5:=E:\CD5\

[Config]

CacheSize=120

[Movies]

BISLOGO=1

TSRLOGO=1

OPENING=1

[Game Options]

Footsteps=1

Mouse Scroll Speed=50

GUI Feedback Level=5

Locator Feedback Level=3

Command Sounds Frequency=3

Selection Sounds Frequency=3

Bored Timeout=3000

Always Dither=0

Keyboard Scroll Speed=50

Effect Text Level=62

Attack Sounds=1

Auto Pause State=0

Difficulty Level=3

Quick Item Mapping=1

Always Run=0

Memory Access=100

Memory Level=1

Health Bar Settings=63

Subtitles=0

Environmental Audio=1

Sound Processing=1

Music Processing=1

[Program Options]

Tooltips=0

Sprite Mirror=1

Gamma Correction=0

Brightness Correction=0

Volume Movie=100

Volume Music=100

Volume Voices=100

Volume Ambients=100

Volume SFX=100

Strref On=0

Screen Position X=0

Screen Position Y=0

Full Screen=1

Path Search Nodes=32000

Maximum Frame Rate=40

Translucent Shadows=1

SoftSrcKeyBltFast=0

SoftBltFast=0

SoftSrcKeyBlt=0

SoftBlt=0

SoftMirrorBlt=0

what do you do bout the 5th cd path?

sorry bout wasting so much of your time

edit: I have done it so the ini points to copies of all the cds1-4 and 5 just points to a cd drive since it is a nonexistant cd and patched to 1.1(removed the old install and started from scratch) and it still gives me the exact same error message :

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment/AR0100.cbf]

ERROR: BIFF [./AR0100.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./AR0100.BIF")

[./chitin.key]

You need to perform a full install of your game and make sure that the .ini points to the correct paths.

the install seems to be a full one and the paths lead to the files so what would cause it to not accept the patch?

What CD path... there's never been a CD5 in the game... the original version of the game came in 4 cds... the remake was in 2.

I would make a new install, patch the 4 CD version, if you have a 2 CD or a DVD version, there's no need for the patch... then start the game and talk to the skull after with you can save and exit... then open the Torment.ini and copy paste the text... then tell us how you make the install "full install" and then cut the quote from the error message a little wider... so we can actually see what the mod tries to do ...

edit: I have done it so the ini points to copies of all the cds1-4 and 5 just points to a cd drive since it is a nonexistant cd and patched to 1.1(removed the old install and started from scratch) and it still gives me the exact same error message :

Here is an extract from my widescreen.debug file with a successful installation:

Copying and patching 123 files ...
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\CD5\/AR0100.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [F:\Program Files\Jeux\Torment\CD4\/AR0100.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [F:\Program Files\Jeux\Torment\CD3\/AR0100.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [F:\Program Files\Jeux\Torment\CD2\/AR0100.bif]
[F:\Program Files\Jeux\Torment\CD2\/AR0100.bif] 6584190 bytes, 5 files, 1 tilesets

As you can see there is this strange \/ after the CD2, which is caused by having a final \ at the end of my CD2:= line in the Torment.ini, and the / is added by WeiDU.

Your error report only has the /, and your CD2:= line in the Torment.ini you showed earlier is missing the final \.

I'm not sure this is the problem but you would better add this final \ on all the lines as Jarno did in his example.

the install seems to be a full one and the paths lead to the files so what would cause it to not accept the patch?

The error you reported doesn't mention any sub-directory of C:\Black Isle\Torment. Do you have other lines, just before the error, starting with "BIFF may be in" mentionning a failed attempt in C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2, which would demonstrate that it did indeed look for it there but failed somehow (possibly because of the missing \)?

What CD path... there's never been a CD5 in the game... the original version of the game came in 4 cds... the remake was in 2.

I would make a new install, patch the 4 CD version, if you have a 2 CD or a DVD version, there's no need for the patch... then start the game and talk to the skull after with you can save and exit... then open the Torment.ini and copy paste the text... then tell us how you make the install "full install" and then cut the quote from the error message a little wider... so we can actually see what the mod tries to do ...

The 4cd version has a path for a fifth cd which seems non existant

making it full referred to changing the paths so it loads from the hard drive rather than the cds correct?

Isaya

I'm not at home where my desktop is which I have the logs and files and whatnot on but I posted another thread with a bit more detail and this is what It said :

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD5\/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd4/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd3/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd1/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\CD5\/AR0100.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd4/AR0100.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd3/AR0100.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2/AR0100.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd1/AR0100.cbf]

[./chitin.key]

Posts reporting this problem WILL BE IGNORED unless you can prove you're under exceptional circumstances.

ERROR Installing [for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 53 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Restoring backed-up [widescreen/backup/0/torment.exe]

widescreen/backup/0/torment.exe copied to torment.exe, 5713981 bytes

Uninstalled 53 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Unable to Unlink [widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0")

Unable to Unlink [widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")

ERROR: Failure("resource [AR0100.WED] not found for 'COPY'")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://bit.ly/hf2XsG

Using Language [English]

From what I've read on many pages this is the error people without a full install get but my version runs without cd switching and the torment.ini says:

[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Black Isle\Torment

CD1:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd1

CD2:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2

CD3:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd3

CD4:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd4

[Config]

CacheSize=120

[Movies]

BISLOGO=1

TSRLOGO=1

OPENING=1

[Game Options]

Footsteps=1

Mouse Scroll Speed=50

GUI Feedback Level=5

Locator Feedback Level=3

Command Sounds Frequency=3

Selection Sounds Frequency=3

Bored Timeout=3000

Always Dither=0

Keyboard Scroll Speed=50

Effect Text Level=62

Attack Sounds=1

Auto Pause State=0

Difficulty Level=3

Quick Item Mapping=1

Always Run=0

Memory Access=100

Memory Level=1

Health Bar Settings=63

Subtitles=0

Environmental Audio=1

Sound Processing=1

Music Processing=1

[Program Options]

Tooltips=0

Sprite Mirror=1

Gamma Correction=0

Brightness Correction=0

Volume Movie=100

Volume Music=100

Volume Voices=100

Volume Ambients=100

Volume SFX=100

Strref On=0

Screen Position X=0

Screen Position Y=0

Full Screen=1

Path Search Nodes=32000

Maximum Frame Rate=40

Translucent Shadows=1

SoftSrcKeyBltFast=0

SoftBltFast=0

SoftSrcKeyBlt=0

SoftBlt=0

SoftMirrorBlt=0

did you manually copy the contents of the 4 cd's into each of the directories which you have specified?

double check. make sure that those entries are pointing to the right place.

if all else fails. put all the data into one folder and point all the ini locations there then try again. You can delete the cd5 line as that is just a carry over from the BG setup they initially cloned.

the error report you are getting means that weidu isn't finding the resources for some reason which means that either you did not do a full install and the data is on one of the discs or you did do a full install but the ini file isn't pointing to the right spot.

Assuming you did all the CD copies properly, and where it is specified in the Torment.ini file, the only issue I can think of is, as I said, the missing \ at the end of all the CDn:= lines in the Torment.ini file.

Basic check is: do you have the specified file in the CD2 copy on the hard disk? Is the directory where you find the file the one stated for CD2 in Torment.ini?

I still suggest you add a final \ and try again. I've always seen the final \ on these lines.

[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\

CD1:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd1\

CD2:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd2\

CD3:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd3\

CD4:=C:\Black Isle\Torment\CDs\cd4\

As for CD5, I had it on the CD drive without problem. However it's probably better if you have it set to something that actually exists, not a fake location.

Archived